[Recovery] ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.7

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

Hi guys,

I compiled the latest ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.7 for the Blade2. I've tested it and it works fine for me but your mileage may vary.

Download: recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.7-blade2.img 3.54 MB

This was built during my CM7 development so I thought I'd share it with people since it does work.

One very important note! Backups created with the older recovery won't work with the new version and vis-versa since the developer has switched to a tar based recovery. This should result in a better & safer backup and restore with smaller sizes than before.

Flash this exactly the same way Sebastian404 mentions using fastboot.

Changelog:

5.0.0.1 through 5.0.1.0

• Backups now use tar over yaffs for everything except mtd partitions. Backup speed improved.
  • Backups now preserve the filesystem type at time of backup. Restores will restore the appropriate filesystem type.
  • New color scheme
  • Status bar when backing up working again
  • Backing up of .android_secure working again

• Bug-fix: root no longer lost on rom restore
    • Unable to find a changelog for 5.0.2.7 right now

(Sebastian404: If you want me to remove this let me know)

Guest ROMZERO

got it done thx! l.

Hi guys,

I compiled the latest ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.7 for the Blade2. I've tested it and it works fine for me but your mileage may vary.

Download: recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.7-blade2.img 3.54 MB

This was built during my CM7 development so I thought I'd share it with people since it does work.

One very important note! Backups created with the older recovery won't work with the new version and vis-versa since the developer has switched to a tar based recovery. This should result in a better & safer backup and restore with smaller sizes than before.

Flash this exactly the same way Sebastian404 mentions using fastboot.

Changelog:

5.0.0.1 through 5.0.1.0

• Backups now use tar over yaffs for everything except mtd partitions. Backup speed improved.
  • Backups now preserve the filesystem type at time of backup. Restores will restore the appropriate filesystem type.
  • New color scheme
  • Status bar when backing up working again
  • Backing up of .android_secure working again
    • Bug-fix: root no longer lost on rom restore

Unable to find a changelog for 5.0.2.7 right now

(Sebastian404: If you want me to remove this let me know)

Edited by ROMZERO

Guest Sebastian404

Nice,

I have avoided going past 4.0.1.5 since I have some issues with the direction Koush has taken with clockwork mod's development.. withholding the source for a number of weeks was one of them.

I sometimes feel the need to write a blog post about it, but then I remember I'm not an emo teenager on live journal ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest unrandomsam

As long as these conditions are met any recovery is ok :

a) base address set properly (i.e so you can do fastboot boot recovery.img)

B) usb storage working from the menu's (pita to work out how to it manually each time).

c) adb working (first time whether from adb reboot recovery or cold boot - all circumstances).

Really given the choice of only one of a recovery or fastboot (Without the limits on size i.e SE's fastboot) I would take fastboot every time.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ejhollin

Hi guys,

Hi flibblesan,

Does this backup the ext partition okay? I think some that Sebastian404 didn't have a hand in wouldn't work.

cheers

• 2 months later...
Guest Reider59

waht does mileage may vary mean?

I don't understand...

Roughly speaking its like you want the same car as him, he gets 50mpg and all works well just for him. But you might not because you drive differently. In this case we're talking about phones so it works well for him but you might use it differently so it might not work so well for you. So using the cars example your milage may vary, it may work for some and probably will for others but its not guaranteed. Then again nothing in this life is.....

Edited by Reider59

• 1 month later...
Guest dodgetimmy

Just thought id add that using this CWM means that USB mounting or adb/fastboot stops working for me. Using the version provided in most rom guides (v4) i do not have this problem

• 1 month later...
Guest BLu3HaZe

Hi guys,

As a few people have recently had issues in manually installing CWM after installing TWRP recovery etc., I thought it'd be easier if I upload the automated files and link them here. All credits go to flibblesan, Sebastian404, Koush, Google, ZTE and sanfranciscoandroid,co,uk for the files. This is only for Windows.

Two versions are there, first if you're able to boot into Android and enable USB Debugging.

1. Download and extract http://www.mediafire...8rlo4u9eeb1dp6v

2. Check whether USB debug is enabled on phone and drivers installed in Windows

3. Double click clockinstall.bat

4. Phone will reboot into green andy, and CWM will be flashed

5. Phone will reboot back to Android as usual

Second version, if you're not able to boot the phone in any way but can access the bootloader.

1. Download and extract http://www.mediafire...t5pnne4cqxb5gsn

2. Connect the USB cable while in bootloader

3. Let Windows search in Update and locate proper drivers for "Android" (Should be installed then as Google Fastboot Interface or similar in Device Manager)

4. Double click clockinstall-bootloader.bat

5. CWM will be flashed and phone will reboot normally.

Sometimes ADB will not work with the driver that Windows downloads automatically, therefore to be sure it would work, this is the OEM driver from ZTE - http://www.mediafire...6bv2zidmbm26qam

Hope this helps someone! :)

Warning - Do NOT attempt to flash any of the zip files listed above, they are compressed for convenience of packaging the files together only

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest dodgetimmy

Hi guys,

As a few people have recently had issues in manually installing CWM after installing TWRP recovery etc., I thought it'd be easier if I upload the automated files and link them here. All credits go to flibblesan, Sebastian404, Koush, Google, ZTE and sanfranciscoandroid,co,uk for the files. This is only for Windows.

Two versions are there, first if you're able to boot into Android and enable USB Debugging.

1. Download and extract http://www.mediafire...8rlo4u9eeb1dp6v

2. Check whether USB debug is enabled on phone and drivers installed in Windows

3. Double click clockinstall.bat

4. Phone will reboot into green andy, and CWM will be flashed

5. Phone will reboot back to Android as usual

Second version, if you're not able to boot the phone in any way but can access the bootloader.

1. Download and extract http://www.mediafire...t5pnne4cqxb5gsn

2. Connect the USB cable while in bootloader

3. Let Windows search in Update and locate proper drivers for "Android" (Should be installed then as Google Fastboot Interface or similar in Device Manager)

4. Double click clockinstall-bootloader.bat

5. CWM will be flashed and phone will reboot normally.

Sometimes ADB will not work with the driver that Windows downloads automatically, therefore to be sure it would work, this is the OEM driver from ZTE - http://www.mediafire...6bv2zidmbm26qam

Hope this helps someone!

Warning - Do NOT attempt to flash any of the zip files listed above, they are compressed for convenience of packaging the files together only

When I last installed CWM 5, when trying to mount the SD card the application gave an error and did not work. I doubt this is related to the driver used on the computer since it also errors when you mount the SD card when not connected to the USB cable.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andromaniac

Is there a way of remotely restoring a nandroid backup (without using CWM)? If so, how? If not, can you completely wipe the internal mem. of the phone remotely?

(Cryptic, I know)

• 4 months later...
Guest Liamness

This is the newest version which someone's made into a flashable zip on this forum. Don't really know why you'd want a more recent version, it's CWM, it does what it needs to do.

Guest reedo_17

This is the newest version which someone's made into a flashable zip on this forum. Don't really know why you'd want a more recent version, it's CWM, it does what it needs to do.

I was just looking at Dazzozo's Cwm for the G300 and these are the fixes that come with the latest 6.0.1.8 Cmw over the other CWM builds

• Better backup options
  • ADB sideload
  • Charge mode
  • Mass storage (mounts both cards)
  • Symlink errors and issues with system mounts fixed (hard to prove something is truly gone, but not seen since a potential fix)

Edited by reedo_17

• 2 months later...

Works for me, and thanks fibblesan. Many thanks indeed.

I had been struggling for three days to get CWM back into my system, it got lost somehow when I flashed CM9.

Following the guide here (in WindowsXP!):

http://forum.xda-dev...=1608042&page=1

I came to the command

su

and got the response

permission denied

Well, the penny dropped then. I am running CyanogenMod9 IceCreamSandwich. Under Settings: Developer options: there is an entry "Root access". This was set to "Apps only" and that was the cause of my problems. I didn't have su rights to the system. Simply changed in there to "Apps and ADB" and suddenly everything works. smile.gif

Maybe this feature was added in ICS, and wasn't there in Gingerbread? Could be the reason others using CM9 have been having trouble.

One other observation. My first attempt at a backup, I selected the backup/restore and then pressed the power button (as in the earlier CWM) This just brought me to the RomManager logo. I later discovered that the software button DO work, and menu brought me back, Home selects the option. Maybe I need a user guide?

Thanks again!

Edited by momist

• 8 months later...
Guest Typhus_

Hello!

Is it just me, or this recovery doesn't partition the SD Card?

I've tried to do it, it says it's done, but it's not.

Can anyone confirm me this, please?

----EDIT----

Forget it. It works.

Edited by Typhus_