Phone stolen no tracking software on it

Guest Unchange

Guest Unchange

I unfortunately got violently mugged last night and got my phone and wallet stolen =( Sucks. I tried getting the police to let me get computer access so I could install Lookout Plan B before the battery on the phone ran out and give them the gps location (if the robbers hadn't turned it off already of course), but was just impossible due to stupid rules they had to follow =/

Now I will have to decide whether to bother buying this phone again. Guess I need something cheaper in this piss hole of a country.

Ah man that just sucks.

So sorry to hear this,no morals out there.

Lookout would of been your only chance to wipe SD card,emit a loud noise and track by gps.But like you said,you must act fast with lookout before they turn off,disable GPS etc.

Still even if you managed to do all the above,you are still without your phone and wallet.

Lets hope at the least the police can catch the criminal.

As to buying another device,I would say the OMC is still a good choice.You wont get much better for the money,unless you pay a little more.Also,the support will grow,as will the community,and we got tilal working on ics.

Edited by Guest

Guest putbinoot

I use phonelocator pro, it allows phone to keep working, sends you details of any new sim put in, you can get it to take photos and pass gps location and lots more have a look.

Guest Skate Away

I use phonelocator pro, it allows phone to keep working, sends you details of any new sim put in, you can get it to take photos and pass gps location and lots more have a look.

What's the best free stolen phone app, that you put on before it gets lost/stolen ?

Guest gitf@ce

I unfortunately got violently mugged last night and got my phone and wallet stolen =( Sucks. I tried getting the police to let me get computer access so I could install Lookout Plan B before the battery on the phone ran out and give them the gps location (if the robbers hadn't turned it off already of course), but was just impossible due to stupid rules they had to follow =/

Now I will have to decide whether to bother buying this phone again. Guess I need something cheaper in this piss hole of a country.

Bad news mate! Sorry to hear you got robbed... better to lose your phone and money than your life though. The Cops are a complete waste of space these days, never investigate anything other than murder or Bank robbery. Too bogged down with stupid rules, it becomes too much hassle for them to do anything usefull :angry:

Guest Unchange

Well apparently they think they have two of them. Ironically one of the assailants dropped his phone at the scene, which I used to phone the police. Hahaha. Idiot.

Just wondering whether to buy a replacement or not. I am moving to South Korea in February and unsure what phones work there? I hear they use a different mobile band system entirely? Can anyone enlighten me?

Guest dadashi

sorry about the mugging...good that you're ok...which part of the city were you in?

There's not much chance of getting stolen stuff back...There are things you can do to piss the bast*rds off

1- Put a password on your memory card so it'll be unreadable and of no use to anybody

2- Use a PIN or Screen Lock...that'll be way beyond any stupid mugger

3- If you're on a mobile contract, phone the company immediatly and disable your sim card

4- Move to a civilized country....

Edited by dadashi

Guest dadashi

Point4...

thats why you life in germany? ;)

Hi wawa72...not quite...I got heldup gunpoint 1988 in Konstablerwache in Frankfurt and had my wallet taken, nobody had mobiles to steal back then...Frankfurt was a real sh*t hole back then with lots of US soldiers, prozis and junkies....

I was pick pocketed on a busy tram also In Frankfurt some years later and more recently I was pick pocketed again and I found my wallet on the street with my ID papers still tucked away inside...

In Nürnberg where I have been working recently, three doner kebab salesmen were shot dead in the face in three separate kebab shops during the last five years by nazi groups.....

donerkebabmurdersnuernb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by dadashi

Guest dadashi

hi wawa, there's good and bad everywhere....if you've lived in England in the big cities you'll know it's not very safe on your own after hours...much less if you're a woman...and there's the outright mindless violence, gangs and muggings in broad daylight like unchanged experienced....

germany is much better in that respect, but then you have other problems....in big germans cities there's lots of crime, burglery, prozis, junkies... A mate of mine worked in Cologne recently and in the space of six months had his flat burgeled twice and car window smashed...

the police are much better in Germany than England....they'll be over in under 10 minutes just for a swear word between neighbours....in England they won't even hurry if there's been a punch up...but they're both c**ts :D

Edited by dadashi