Recovering from Android logo boot loop on the Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate?

Guest King Mustard

Guest Wacky.ddw

I ran Paul's root and now I'm stuck in a Android logo boot loop.

Any ideas how I can recover?

If you hang it to your pc, is it recognised? Did you install clockworkmod before you tried superboot?

Guest King Mustard

If you hang it to your pc, is it recognised? Did you install clockworkmod before you tried superboot?

It recognizes it, although there is one "Unknown Device" in Device Manager which it seems no drivers work with.

Guest Wacky.ddw

It recognizes it, although there is one "Unknown Device" in Device Manager which it seems no drivers work with.

Just follow my tutorial here. There is a part about installing drivers. If you read it carfully you should be good... The part about installing drivers is in part 1. :D

http://android.modac...-for-beginners/

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest King Mustard

Just follow my tutorial here. There is a part about installing drivers. If you read it carfully you should be good... The part about installing drivers is in part 1. :D

http://android.modac...-for-beginners/

I have downloaded Handset_USB_Driver.exe and installed it.

I have downlaoded google_usb_driver.zip and extracted it.

Neither has helped with the Unknown Device in Device Manager (I tried the amd64 and i386 folders). I just get "The best driver software for your device is already installed."

Linking to android_winusb.inf isn't working, either.

Very annoying.

Edited by King Mustard

Guest Wacky.ddw

Are you on Xp, vista, 7???

And did you follow these steps

Find your device click “Update Driver Software” > “Browse my computer for driver software” > Click “Browse” go to "the google_usb_driver" folder click“android_winusb.inf”

You have to click “android_winusb.inf” if you follow those steps you wont be able to navigate to those 2 folders so i think you are doing something wrong.

And if its says the drivers are allready installed. You could right click it in device manager and do uninstall drivers. Then try installing them again.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest King Mustard

Are you on Xp, vista, 7... And did you follow these steps

You have to click “android_winusb.inf” if you follow those steps you wont be able to navigate to those 2 folders so i think you are doing something wrong.

Windows 7.

I tried linking to android_winusb.inf, it didn't work.

Guest Wacky.ddw

You have this problem since you tried to install superboot right? or since when you you have it?

Further in my tutorial is a link to ADB made easy. You could try downloading that. And typing.

Click "Open CMD for ADBcommands” and then "fastboot reboot bootloader" and try installing the drivers again from there.

I dont think this is going to work without the correct drivers but you can try "fastboot reboot recovery" if that works you will be in stock recovery. you could try doing the wipes from there.

Guest King Mustard

You have this problem since you tried to install superboot right? or since when you you have it?

Further in my tutorial is a link to ADB made easy. You could try downloading that. And typing.

Click "Open CMD for ADBcommands” and then "fastboot reboot bootloader" and try installing the drivers again from there.

I dont think this is going to work without the correct drivers but you can try "fastboot reboot recovery" if that works you will be in stock recovery. you could try doing the wipes from there.

I am running ADB Made Easy and I get "No device connected."

This is presumably due to the Unknown Device issue within Device Manager.

Edited by King Mustard

Guest King Mustard

Have a read of this thread: http://android.modaco.com/topic/348497-zte-skate-stock-roms/

Download the Rom that is the correct one for you. You're also going to need the Offline installer.

Boot the Skate into FTM mode. Follow the on screen instructions. It SHOULD flash the entire phone back to how you got it.

By "Offline installer", you mean "FTM_flash_tools"

When I run FTM_flash_tools, it never detects my phone. There is always one Unknown Device in Device Manager that never works (tried Handset_USB_Driver.exe and google_usb_driver.zip)

Guest Wacky.ddw

By "Offline installer", you mean "FTM_flash_tools"

When I run FTM_flash_tools, it never detects my phone. There is always one Unknown Device in Device Manager that never works (tried Handset_USB_Driver.exe and google_usb_driver.zip)

You could try installing the whole google SDK.

Guest King Mustard

You could try installing the whole google SDK.

I am trying ZTE's "Terminal software online upgrade system"/"Handset software update tool".

EDIT: Update failed :/

Do you think the phone is bricked?

Edited by King Mustard

Guest jcmyall

Do you have access to a card reader? if so, plug your MicroSD card from your Skate into your computer and drag the 'image' folder from this download to the root directory of the SD card.

Next, make sure the phone is completely turned off and then press and hold 'Volume Up' AND Menu AND Power. Your phone's screen should flash up and you'll see a blue bar going across the screen. Once that's done, it should load it like new.

Edited by jcmyall

Guest Wacky.ddw

Do you have access to a card reader? if so, plug your MicroSD card from your Skate into your computer and drag the 'image' folder from this download to the root directory of the SD card.

Next, make sure the phone is completely turned off and then press and hold 'Volume Up' AND Menu AND Power. Your phone's screen should flash up and you'll see a blue bar going across the screen. Once that's done, it should load it like new.

Ive heard its best to do it with a empty 2GB SDcard.

"fastboot reboot recovery"

This command doesn't exist.

@OP: Uninstall any drivers you have, go to you CP and under your programs uninstall anything to do with ZTE.

Then connect the phone and let it install what it asks for.

Guest Wacky.ddw

This command doesn't exist.

@OP: Uninstall any drivers you have, go to you CP and under your programs uninstall anything to do with ZTE.

Then connect the phone and let it install what it asks for.

Thats right its "adb reboot recovery" im sorry, it would have said it doesnt exist though.

Btw: The rom you gave me was fine, it wasnt corrupt. It was the splash.img flashing the curetail ZTE splash fixed it. I see it as a warning, my knowlage is not enough to screw arount that mutch.. :P

Edited by Wacky.ddw

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Skagentoast

Yes there is, i dont think anyone bricked there phone yet. Read part 9 & 10 in my tutorial

Im trying to follow the tutorial but i cant find the system.img file. The other img-files where in the backupdirectory but not the system.img.

Anyone know where to find it?

• 2 months later...
Guest royal kid

hi guys, have been reading up but eventually gave up! i need abit of help, i tried to install superboot to my skateOMC, it has never rebooted since. the device gets to the screen where the google logo appears and goes no further regardless of how long i leave it for. I have tried the power and volume up button thing with the image.bin on the sd card but the boot pattern isnt affected. i dont have clockwork mod so i cant recover it that way..:( i had successfully installed the exact same superboot earlier on so i could get rid of the orange stuff via titanium backup but when i unlocked the phone the phone reset so i was trying to do the same again. an anyone help? i have been reading up here for about 6 hours:( thanks