Rooting

Guest sjoyce666

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Has anyone rooted their Crescent using the following steps ?

http://wiki.cyanogen...ot_and_Recovery

I only need root access to try and install Adobe Flash and BBC iPlayer, I dont plan on changing ROMS as this is only a temporary phone for 6 months until my contract runs out and I can get something else

Don't follow those instructions, Blade (Gen2) is not the Crescent, it's the 2nd generation of the original Blade phone :)

Guest sjoyce666

Don't follow those instructions, Blade (Gen2) is not the Crescent, it's the 2nd generation of the original Blade phone :)

Thanks for the heads up. Could have gone pearshaped if I'd have tried that

Is there a simple way of rooting the crescent such as the steps in the link above ? Everything I can find roots it by adding a new ROM which I dont want to do. I just want to root it so I can install Adobe Flash and BBC iPlayer

Guest Amphoras

Thanks for the heads up. Could have gone pearshaped if I'd have tried that

Is there a simple way of rooting the crescent such as the steps in the link above ? Everything I can find roots it by adding a new ROM which I dont want to do. I just want to root it so I can install Adobe Flash and BBC iPlayer

You don't need to root to install either of those. Just put them on your sdcard and install them with any file manager.

Guest sjoyce666

You don't need to root to install either of those. Just put them on your sdcard and install them with any file manager.

I've done that and it didnt work. Adobe Flash showed as installed on the phone through Applications. When browsing to www.whatismyflash.com it showed as not having Adobe Flash installed, BBC iPlayer webstie did not work and also YouTube desktop site did not work both stating Adobe Flash had to be installed which it had been

I have since read that if the phone was rooted and the files installed then it should work correctly but I do not want to install a custom ROM to be able to root the phone

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

You sure you used the proper flash version? You need to use the one for Arm v6 processors, try here

I wouldn't hold out much hope on the performance using BBC iPlayer with this phone by the way, I tried it, even using the wireless it's crap. It's cos there aren't enough lower streams on iPlayer. Apparently that's being changed though.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest sjoyce666

Yeah I used a proper version of Adobe Flash, it also doesnt work if I install the file you linked to

If I browse to ww.whatismyflash.com it still shows as either not installed or disabled

When you had yours working were you rooted and running a custom ROM or using the standard ROM

I am doing this is on a completely standard T-Mobile Vivacity