What 2.2 Rom do you reccomend?

Guest jumastic

Guest plegdroid

I want to go to 2.2 but I dont know which rom is complete, without bugs , battery drain etc. So which one do you recommend ?

hiya is there any reason for a 2.2 rom? just there's better 2.3 roms available :)

Guest plegdroid

Hmm 2.3 is fine, but I heard that there is no 2.3 rom that is complete? Which one do you recommend ?

racerboys #224 is a complete rom and is the one I always come back to,really nice rom, good battery, calibration and touch. or equiliym,s wanna be sence rom is also very nice, these are both stable and reliable but with different flavors :)

linky for these roms :)

http://raceroms.co.uk/

Edited by plegdroid

Guest jumastic

Okay, so now I have that 2.3 rom (racerboy) but I cant disable haptic?? It's disabled in settings but it still vibrates? One more thing, the fonts look a bit ugly, can I change them ?

Guest plegdroid

Okay, so now I have that 2.3 rom (racerboy) but I cant disable haptic?? It's disabled in settings but it still vibrates? One more thing, the fonts look a bit ugly, can I change them ?

have you reboot your phone after disabiling haptic.

Guest anil_go

I want to go to 2.2 but I dont know which rom is complete, without bugs , battery drain etc. So which one do you recommend ?

i think 2.2 Froyo Equiliym Sense-Like is so perfact that u will always come back to it after installing any other version. It has a perfact combination of touch senstivity and battery backup. I restored it after trying new 2.3.7 rom 257 by racerboy

Edited by anil_go

Guest lfernandes

i think 2.2 Froyo Equiliym Sense-Like is so perfact that u will always come back to it after installing any other version. It has a perfact combination of touch senstivity and battery backup. I restored it after trying new 2.3.7 rom 257 by racerboy

That´s right! I´ve teste allmost rooms in this forum and allways back to that room. I think it is the perfect room for Racer: Good battery, good touch and you can move apps to memory card (this was the reason why I've changed from the stock room).

Guest jumastic

Do you know how to change that app drawer button? I installed many themes but I cant change it. I disabled left and right action buttons since I didnt like the way they look.

Guest lfernandes

Do you know how to change that app drawer button? I installed many themes but I cant change it. I disabled left and right action buttons since I didnt like the way they look.

No, i've installed launcher pro on mine.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kstampo

the problem is that from this link http://raceroms.co.uk/index.php/22-froyo-roms/category/12-equiliym-sense-like the file is corrupted nad unusable....

Can you please upload yours somwhere, so as to be able to test it?

thanks...

That´s right! I´ve teste allmost rooms in this forum and allways back to that room. I think it is the perfect room for Racer: Good battery, good touch and you can move apps to memory card (this was the reason why I've changed from the stock room).

Guest lfernandes

the problem is that from this link http://raceroms.co.u...liym-sense-like the file is corrupted nad unusable....

Can you please upload yours somwhere, so as to be able to test it?

thanks...

Strange... I've downloaded it and tried to install it on my racer to test and it works ok.

Here is an alternative link: LINK DELETED

PS: are you trying to unzip it?

Edited by lfernandes

Guest kstampo

thanks for uploading mate!

Trying to unzip it (although NOT applicable) reveals an error in downloading.

And trying to install the zip file, i get an error as well.

PS. I know how to install it, as currently I have installed 2.3.7 on my Racer.

Thank you! I'll try to see if it works, tommorow morning (... IO have to put kids in bed right now... you see...)

Strange... I've downloaded it and tried to install it on my racer to test and it works ok.

Here is an alternative link: http://dl.dropbox.co...eracer2.2r3.zip

PS: are you trying to unzip it?

Guest equiliym

no offense taken but i really dont like mirroring my links.. if you did find my zip to be corrupted you could have pmed me and i would reupload on raceroms thus having over 14000+ downloads i dont see how can the zip file be bad..

as for the icons on sense-like launcher, you need to make a custom shortcut to the phone or whatever you want with transparent icon and drag/drop it over buttons but you need a transparent png on sdcard since i didnt include any icon packs in that 2.2 rom D: you can see in my other sense-like thread HERE about that.. just custom shortcut>pick image>from sdcard and done

Guest kstampo

sorry about that, I should have contacted you at first place. My fault.huh.gif

But the zip file seemed to have a problem anyhow, for the reasons explained in my previous posts. Hope everything is ok now...

no offense taken but i really dont like mirroring my links.. if you did find my zip to be corrupted you could have pmed me and i would reupload on raceroms thus having over 14000+ downloads i dont see how can the zip file be bad..

as for the icons on sense-like launcher, you need to make a custom shortcut to the phone or whatever you want with transparent icon and drag/drop it over buttons but you need a transparent png on sdcard since i didnt include any icon packs in that 2.2 rom D: you can see in my other sense-like thread HERE about that.. just custom shortcut>pick image>from sdcard and done

Guest equiliym

sorry about that, I should have contacted you at first place. My fault.huh.gif

But the zip file seemed to have a problem anyhow, for the reasons explained in my previous posts. Hope everything is ok now...

nah, dont worry, hope you got it working :P

Guest lfernandes

Sorry, file deleted from mirror

Guest equiliym

Sorry, file deleted from mirror

thanks.. dont take it the wrong way, its mostly because of the download statistics, makes me happy that people are using it anyway :)

Guest lfernandes

thanks.. dont take it the wrong way, its mostly because of the download statistics, makes me happy that people are using it anyway

No problem, I understant