For Paul: v20O

Guest orlroc

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Hi Paul!

Any news from your LG source??

I know that now LG have released the new V20O for the beta tester...

Can u download it for us???

thx a lot

orlroc

LOL LG is seriously running out of letters!

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Well this seems to be a rather important update actually: Here's the changelog (google translated from Italian)

Fixed some connection problems with On-Screen Phone after restarting the service

Fixed a problem due to file corruption which caused the misfire batterystats.bin smartphone

On the "compcache" to improve performance in situations of shortage of RAM

Fixed some problems in the force close applications preloaded

Fixed the problem of missing USB icon when your smartphone is connected to the PC and press the home button

Implement the latest security patches Google

Implemented video chat through Google Talk

Fast Dormancy enabled with 3G connection active in deep sleep mode to resolve problems of over-consumption of the battery

Correct operation of the Camera Auto Brightness

Improved speed and responsiveness of scrolling homescreen launcher in LG

Implemented a fix to prevent memory leaks using the Wi-Fi

Fixed the problem of non-GPS fix accendendendo off and shut down the smartphone with GPS

Fixed problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks with more than 13 channels

Google implemented the GMS r9

SIP enabled

Improved recovery after being in the network coverage area

Fixed some problems that prevented them from making calls with network coverage

Fixed problem that prevented to activate the Wi-Fi

Improved the stability of the smartphone with a patch to the kernel

Improved display lighting after awakened from sleep mode smartphone, which now takes place more smoothly

Implemented application Google Music

Fixed compatibility issues with the call list Bluetooth installed in Ford cars

Improved battery indicator implementing notches from 5% instead of 20%

Removed the App Advisor as the service will be closed at the end of 2011

Fixed problems off the Wi-Fi

Extract from this XDA thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1402929&page=10

Well this seems to be a rather important update actually: Here's the changelog (google translated from Italian)

Fixed some connection problems with On-Screen Phone after restarting the service

Fixed a problem due to file corruption which caused the misfire batterystats.bin smartphone

On the "compcache" to improve performance in situations of shortage of RAM

Fixed some problems in the force close applications preloaded

Fixed the problem of missing USB icon when your smartphone is connected to the PC and press the home button

Implement the latest security patches Google

Implemented video chat through Google Talk

Fast Dormancy enabled with 3G connection active in deep sleep mode to resolve problems of over-consumption of the battery

Correct operation of the Camera Auto Brightness

Improved speed and responsiveness of scrolling homescreen launcher in LG

Implemented a fix to prevent memory leaks using the Wi-Fi

Fixed the problem of non-GPS fix accendendendo off and shut down the smartphone with GPS

Fixed problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks with more than 13 channels

Google implemented the GMS r9

SIP enabled

Improved recovery after being in the network coverage area

Fixed some problems that prevented them from making calls with network coverage

Fixed problem that prevented to activate the Wi-Fi

Improved the stability of the smartphone with a patch to the kernel

Improved display lighting after awakened from sleep mode smartphone, which now takes place more smoothly

Implemented application Google Music

Fixed compatibility issues with the call list Bluetooth installed in Ford cars

Improved battery indicator implementing notches from 5% instead of 20%

Removed the App Advisor as the service will be closed at the end of 2011

Fixed problems off the Wi-Fi

Extract from this XDA thread http://forum.xda-dev...1402929&page=10

Looking at that list, anyone would think LG developers have been reading the discussions here and over on XDA!

Just about everything on it has been highlighted, requested or fixed already by users here or there - if it all works it will be a huge improvement.

I might even switch back from CM7 to try it out smile.gif

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Looking at that list, anyone would think LG developers have been reading the discussions here and over on XDA!

Just about everything on it has been highlighted, requested or fixed already by users here or there - if it all works it will be a huge improvement.

I might even switch back from CM7 to try it out smile.gif

I agree that it does indeed look like it. Maybe LG decided to actually listen and read through its customers' comments/findings/bugs/solutions instead of doing.. eehmm.. absolutely nothing in respect!

I agree that it does indeed look like it. Maybe LG decided to actually listen and read through its customers' comments/findings/bugs/solutions instead of doing.. eehmm.. absolutely nothing in respect!

I also do hope so....finally! We will see!

Guest Tsaglis

LOL LG is seriously running out of letters!

Don't wary, there is always the solution of v21a,b,c,.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Tsaglis

Guest ciarpame

This changelog was also confirmed in official LG Italy page on FB: http://it-it.faceboo...150495482944897

(of course they did not write that this changelog is related to leaked V20O but that LG Italy is testing a new rom with such improvements)

I hope GR6 will be at based at least on this leaked rom, would be a nice Christmas present :)

Edited by ciarpame

Guest mparack

Installed the rebuild of the V20o from XDA yesterday and looks quite good. I was getting a little sick of the slowdown issues that eventually started showing up on GR5 and also the wifi and network connectivity issues. I miss the customizability that Paul's kitchen offers though and hope that he will get time to work on GR6 soon. There also seems to be hints by Hell_97 on XDA that there will be a final/stable version to follow so maybe Paul is waiting for that.

Yeah i also tested this new version and choose to stay in older v20L because it have much more better signals and mobile network and phone calls work much better. Ill wait untill LG ICS is out or CM9

Edited by Guest

Guest mparack

So far I've been finding it good but to be honest I haven't had the chance to test the network as I've been home all day but at least I haven't had issues like wifi connectivity that I occasionally found on GR5.

No issues with scrolling etc yet and everything seems to be working fine but considering that it is just a stock LG version I am using with minimal optimisation I'm sure it will improve once some work is done on it. I've installed it as a stop gap until I can get a GR6 but wouldn't hesitate to recommend it as a daily driver. Only issue is that due to Hell_97s rebuild, it auto converts to EXT3 and wipes when it would have been much better to just install it over GR5.

Tell me please, is V20o nice to use? (Compared to V20L)

Speed? Bugs? Scrolling?

Guest tablighs

So far I've been finding it good but to be honest I haven't had the chance to test the network as I've been home all day but at least I haven't had issues like wifi connectivity that I occasionally found on GR5.

No issues with scrolling etc yet and everything seems to be working fine but considering that it is just a stock LG version I am using with minimal optimisation I'm sure it will improve once some work is done on it. I've installed it as a stop gap until I can get a GR6 but wouldn't hesitate to recommend it as a daily driver. Only issue is that due to Hell_97s rebuild, it auto converts to EXT3 and wipes when it would have been much better to just install it over GR5.

Well.. because o2x stock kernel only supports ext3, so if you're on anything other than stock kernel, then most probably you're not using ext3 so converting process will require a wipe of the /system and /data partition. If you're using stock kernel, then you can request for a non-wipe version, which i think somebody already made it over at xda.

Cheers!

Guest mparack

Well.. because o2x stock kernel only supports ext3, so if you're on anything other than stock kernel, then most probably you're not using ext3 so converting process will require a wipe of the /system and /data partition. If you're using stock kernel, then you can request for a non-wipe version, which i think somebody already made it over at xda.

Cheers!

Thanks mate, I know why the autoconvert feature has been added, I was just commenting that it is a pity everyone is having to do it due to the way the ROM has been set up by Hell_97 as I'd rather have used that. BTW could you post a link to where a non wipe version can be found? I tried searching but couldn't find it.

Guest Basil 123

@Paul: the guys on XDA have it.

+1 to the above posts

It'd be great to have gr6 to tide us over until LG starts leaking ICS builds.

Thanks Paul

Baz

Guest Basil 123

Have to admit to being somewhat disappointed at the lack of attention shown to us O2x users.

Not even a reply on this or the kitchen thread.....

Guest Basil 123

I have time to pick this up now, keep an eye on the kitchen thread for updates.

P

Thank you Paul, I truly appreciate your precious time and hard work.

Baz

Guest Ximo F. Verde

I have time to pick this up now, keep an eye on the kitchen thread for updates.

P

Thanx for everything Paul, even w lots of newest ROMs rolling out lately im still faithful to the Gr5 solution :-)