Upgrading SD card instructions

Guest DirectCollect

Guest DirectCollect

Hi,

I'm going from the stock 2 GB card to something bigger. Is there anything special I need to do?

I was going to just copy across of all files from old --> new card, by putting the new card in a card reader, reading old card with it in the phone and using the standard file manager in windows 7.

Do I need to format the new card in any special Linux way?

Will apps that use the card like Titanium backup still work OK with the data I transfer across?

Many thanks.

Guest Atomix86
Hi,

I'm going from the stock 2 GB card to something bigger. Is there anything special I need to do?

I was going to just copy across of all files from old --> new card, by putting the new card in a card reader, reading old card with it in the phone and using the standard file manager in windows 7.

Do I need to format the new card in any special Linux way?

Will apps that use the card like Titanium backup still work OK with the data I transfer across?

Many thanks.

What I would do is copy your entire sd card over to the computer via USB, insert the new card into the phone, format it via the phones inbuilt option, then USB transfer it back.

Guest DirectCollect

OK thanks,

I'll give it a go.

What I would do is copy your entire sd card over to the computer via USB, insert the new card into the phone, format it via the phones inbuilt option, then USB transfer it back.