Boot Animations

Guest vdubster

Guest vdubster

What's the format/requirement for the animation ?

with regards to what?

If you download the zip file, then just edit the 5 png files you should be ok.

when you come to re-zip the files (folder with pngs in and txt file), in WinRAR set the compression method to "Store"

Then put it in the /system/media/ folder on the phone.

J

Guest Wacky.ddw

Actually i really like the Atomic bootanimation. Its really simple and clean and i use this splash screen.

google_splash_color.jpg

If you would want the stock medion bootanimation its here: My link .

But its really really ugly :D

Does anyone know if deleting the bootanimation.zip in system/media is safe? And what it will show when deleted, your splash screen?

Im asking this because I would want to use the boot animation from Atomic on cyanogenmod 7 but there is no boot animation at system/media in Atomic.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest dibbles
Does anyone know if deleting the bootanimation.zip in system/media is safe? And what it will show when deleted, your splash screen?

Im asking this because I would want to use the boot animation from Atomic on cyanogenmod 7 but there is no boot animation at system/media in Atomic.

If there is no bootanimation file then Android just uses the stock one that is built into the phone. However you have the ability to add or delete the one within the media folder as it will always revert to the stock one if the file is not found there.

Edited by dibbles

Guest Wacky.ddw

I found this boot animation some time ago somewhere allways used it. But i cant find it anymore i think i deleted it. At the time bluemonte didnt use this bootanimation yet. Then when bluemonte and atomic started using this one so i didnt need to flash it anymore. But now i want to use it on Cyanogenmod.

I think i found it somewhere in the blade forum, but ive searched for hours i cant find it anymore. And if i find it its not 480x800

EmulatorBootAnim-238x173.jpg?139d23

and i use this splash screen.

google_splash_color.jpg

How are you changing your splash screen? On the blade this was easy as someone made a tool to do it.

Are you using fastboot?

I can not remember the format the splash needs to be,is it bmp or img?

Edited by Guest

Guest Wacky.ddw

How are you changing your splash screen? On the blade this was easy as someone made a tool to do it.

Are you using fastboot?

I can not remember the format the splash needs to be,is it bmp or img?

I have quoted it here, and there is allso a link with splash screens i pre made. You can stil use the blade tool, to flash the blade.img files but that wil give you a corrupted battery like in the video. If you have the corrupted battery just flash the stock ZTE splash.

BTW if you change the .img file to .bmp you wil get t he picture.

http://android.modaco.com/topic/349629-corrupt-battery-animation-fixed/

Use root explorer.

Or use the program in my siggy :P

I'm currently using the optimized ICS animation.

622290.gif

P.S.: If you want the bootanimation to maintain after changing ROM without wipe you can place it under /data/local/ , and don't forget to equal the permissions.

• 3 weeks later...