I stripped down one of the latest AndyPad Pro roms, and it works 10 times better than the one mine got shipped with (first release).
What this rooted rom contains:
- Market (3.x)
- Latest SuperUser/su binaries - rooted
- Removed all useless libraries, fonts, libs, apps (only swiftkey is left)
- Stripped down < 100mb
- Uses newest Music.apk (supports Google Music) - has little font bug due to framework-res.apk
- Removed more libraries and ringtones (image's now 95mb)
- Market release from December 12
- Based on 2.06 bootloader (flashtool will still report 1.65)
- Added hardware encoding for almost every format (no more software-decode on AVI, H264...) including streaming.
- Removed omx and opencore libraries
- Repartitioned mtd tables (now there's 440mb app-space!)
- Removed SwiftKey (incompatible with newer GL and libraries - sorry)
- Added patched ChainFire drivers (as an attempt to get Flash to work - still broken, but more games work now)
- Removed proprietary software (for extended video playback, install mx video player from market, codecs' already included)
- Smaller tweaks to boot procedure
- Reduced filesize drastically (to 88mb)
- Converted images to ext3 & fixed the rootfs ro flags in init.rc (fully rewritable system now)
The images became a bit bigger since they're uncompressed, but will be resized in next version.
Stripped ROM revision 4 (ext3)
Stripped ROM revision 3
Temporary Flash 10.3 fix: download latest apk from your AndyPad browser and install, or install trough adb.
Stripped ROM revision 2
How to install: (Windows only for now, sorry)
- Make sure the device is powered-off
- Keep volume-up pressed an plug the device into your PC's USB (make sure the volume-up is on hold)
- When the device is not recognized: install the drivers included in the package folder, for the correct architecture (x86 or x64)
- Open RKAndroidTool.exe (as Administrator)
- Make sure everything is checked except backup.
- When coming from an older v3 release (or stock), press Erase IDB and wait upon completion.
- Press Run
- Wait until the tablet restarts and says 'Charging', plug out USB and power it on.
(if tablet doesn't respond anymore, you can try 'adb reboot' from commandprompt, with Android SDK installed)
- Wait until first boot and restart it to make sure everything's installed.
Still on my 'todo'-list:
- Add native flash libraries
- Update EGL drivers
- Get rid of the ugly AndyPad framework resources
- Lars (for testing newer .so libraries on his Teclast and just because he's a great guy)
- Oxygen-rom team
- The Odys-tablet guys
- Everyone who donated, thanks!
I hope you enjoy this ROM, leave any bugs/suggestions below! I'm sorry for update delays, but I've been really busy with work.
andypad_stripped_3_market.png 366.35K 54 downloads andypad_stripped_3.png 44.63K 75 downloads
andypad_stripped_3_nandflash.png 77.08K 71 downloads andypad_stripped_3_su.png 38.43K 47 downloads
Edited by Csharpe, 27 May 2012 - 07:03 PM.