Russian ZTE blade.

Guest XPbIM3

Hi guys!

hats a noobie topic here_)

Today I've bricked my ZTE blade. Let's start from beginning:

Recently our local cell operator started to sell RTK v8, an another clone of ZTE blade.

First of all I've made a backup thru clockwork recovery and checked a Gen, Mr Pigfish sad thats a Gen2 model.

Unfortunately there was a 256 RAM lock, so I've decided to follow that guide to unlock a 512Mb: http://android.modac...e__st__40(there is step-by-step on 3rd page)

Flash process came up to 98% and now Clockwork recovery menu should appear....so instead of that the blade begins to cycle reboot with android logo jumping on the screen.

So what do I have now: the brick with android jumping left on screen. booting with vol- or menu+vol+ changes nothing.

TPT boot was okay, and European Gen2 image flashed okay, but reboot caused the "jumping android logo" again. It seems that European Gen2 doesn't fits to my blade? right? I haven't tried a Chinese or Gen1, assuming that it might be risky.

So what should I do to recover? And what did I done wrong?

Thank You.

Update:

Just noticed: a TPT flash shows an "error" just before saying "success". It was hard to see that.

Edited by XPbIM3

Solved!

My ZTE is China v880 GeN2

update:

DAMN! falshed a TPT with clockworkmod recovery, than did a recovery form backup. Now cannot boot into system. The phone always boots in recovery ><

UPDATE2:

ok, looks like Iam totally stuck with recovery mode. Any Ideas?

Edited by XPbIM3

Guest doogsville

Have you tried flashing a Custom ROM like CM7 from recovery? I would try that and see if it works.

UPDATE2:

ok, looks like Iam totally stuck with recovery mode. Any Ideas?

Edited by doogsville

Guest hedgepigdaniel

It appears that the RTK v8 is similar or identical to the v880 sold in China. Implications:

• There is probably only 256MB or RAM, i.e. it is not locked to 256MB, it only has 256MB.
  • You must not flash any TPT or firmware from this forum unless it is advertised as being compatible with the Chinese v880.
  • You can install custom ROMs safely, but only some will work correctly with the radio. CyanogenMod is compatible I believe, as are many ROMs based on Chinese leaks.

For anyone else who accidentally flashes a european TPT to this phone, flash the Chinese Gen2 TPT (under method 3) from here: http://android.modaco.com/topic/343587-guide-de-bricking-a-zte-blade/.

@doogsville:

Has the phone booted into a ROM normally at all since you flashed the last TPT? try installing a new ROM (the latest CM7 should work) and wiping data and see if it boots. If it boots, you might just have to give up on your backup. Your backup might be too big to fit on your new partition layout, or it might be incompatible with the Chinese firmware for some reason.

If it cannot boot a ROM at all and only boots into recovery, follow the instructions in the de-bricking guide for restoring NV memory - your NV memory might have been corrupted by one of the times you flashed firmware.

good luck!

If it cannot boot a ROM at all and only boots into recovery, follow the instructions in the de-bricking guide for restoring NV memory - your NV memory might have been corrupted by one of the times you flashed firmware.

good luck!

Yeah, NVRAM was bad.

My NVRAM backup is also seems to be corrupted already

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Yeah, NVRAM was bad.

My NVRAM backup is also seems to be corrupted already

I don't understand, please provide more details. Have you fixed the problem?

Guest Piscium

sure can see that your blade RAM is physical 256M as V880,

let's see what we can try:

1.the problem now lies on your doing of unlock RAM attempt.

2. there's a tip in the forum for saving blade which was brick by Gen1 update to Gen2 (old way of updating some time cause problem), in this tip, there's a way to save back the damaged IMEI, by flash NVRAM.

Try this way to re-flash the NVRAM, hopefully this will work.

3. after above done, TPT china V880 bin file, or try malay bin

4. if you sucessfully save your blade, here I have chinese bin and malay bin with DATA space=260M, which will be helpful for later on use.

5. I also have CM2.3.7 extended version made by burstlam with SWAP and APP2SD+, if you need also here in china forum someone made new revised ROM based on burstlam with more beautiful icon etc.

I can provide also.

6. If you failed all above, make a TPT and send it back for after sale service!

Good luck!

Edited by Piscium

I don't understand, please provide more details. Have you fixed the problem?

Thank you, Guys, for such a quick response.

My NVRAM was corrupt, and backup from that NVRAM was made already in corrupted state.

Flashed NVRAM and corrected an IMEI with no issues! (Corrected an IMEI in Channel1.nvm with offset 0x1215)

More than that, i have a NVRAM dump from very same RTK v8, and IMEI stored with offset 0x1100, also found a bluetooth mac inside.

So, is there a "versions" of that Channel1.nvm NVRAM? What version is tme most recent or most "good" for our v880? Which version should i use, the one from very same RTK v8, or from de-bricking guide, or any other?

Now using a latest nightly CM7, Is there a more speedy firmware?

The light sensor does not working in CM7 )

Edited by XPbIM3

Guest Piscium

Thank you, Guys, for such a quick response.

My NVRAM was corrupt, and backup from that NVRAM was made already in corrupted state.

Flashed NVRAM and corrected an IMEI with no issues! (Corrected an IMEI in Channel1.nvm with offset 0x1215)

More than that, i have a NVRAM dump from very same RTK v8, and IMEI stored with offset 0x1100, also found a bluetooth mac inside.

So, is there a "versions" of that Channel1.nvm NVRAM? What version is tme most recent or most "good" for our v880? Which version should i use, the one from very same RTK v8, or from de-bricking guide, or any other?

Now using a latest nightly CM7, Is there a more speedy firmware?

The light sensor does not working in CM7 )

try to get help with other blade in your country, I would not like to give my one from U, since I'm afraid China Unicom version NVRAM is different and will make you more problems.

Also try to get help from burstlam or Tom G, or other member who familiar with NVRAM work.

Guest XPbIM3

try to get help with other blade in your country, I would not like to give my one from U, since I'm afraid China Unicom version NVRAM is different and will make you more problems.

Also try to get help from burstlam or Tom G, or other member who familiar with NVRAM work.

Nope, both NVRAMs work okay, the one from "debricking" topic, and the one from another very same Russian RTK v8.

Just wondering, if they are different, which one is "better".

• 3 weeks later...

sure can see that your blade RAM is physical 256M as V880,

let's see what we can try:

1.the problem now lies on your doing of unlock RAM attempt.

2. there's a tip in the forum for saving blade which was brick by Gen1 update to Gen2 (old way of updating some time cause problem), in this tip, there's a way to save back the damaged IMEI, by flash NVRAM.

Try this way to re-flash the NVRAM, hopefully this will work.

3. after above done, TPT china V880 bin file, or try malay bin

4. if you sucessfully save your blade, here I have chinese bin and malay bin with DATA space=260M, which will be helpful for later on use.

5. I also have CM2.3.7 extended version made by burstlam with SWAP and APP2SD+, if you need also here in china forum someone made new revised ROM based on burstlam with more beautiful icon etc.

I can provide also.

Good luck!

Is chinese version mean CDMA baseband?

I have zte blade CDMA version, what work should i do so i can use CM7 mod ?Coz there is only available for GSM version. Thc before guys.