* * * * * 21 votes

• Please log in to reply
1306 replies to this topic

gbzbar

gbzbar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Browser works just fine for me on a clean install.
No screen glitches.

Edit: But there is something going on. If I open Google Reader and try to read any article, I get the same glitch that the Browser used to have. Also, it happens in the SuperUser "What's New" window that shows up when you first open the app for the first time.

Edited by gbzbar, 27 December 2011 - 06:47 AM.

Chilled26

Chilled26

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation

ROM is super smooth but I too am having glitch screens on Gmail and in browser. Can't find any setting to enable opengl..... Also Trip, are we supposed to enable the 2d hardware rendering?

To fix browser type "about:debug" in browser with out the quotation marks of course then go to debug and click enable open gl rendering. I don't know how to fix this in Gmail though as I am also seeing tiles.

Lobrau

Lobrau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
People who are having trouble with the tiling in browser or Gmail. Try doing a full clean install wiping dalvik and data cache, then install the Gapps from trip. It solved all my issues and it runs smoothly.

For Trip: Opera browser is now FC always and wasn't on any previous rom from you. sorry I can't be more help than that.

Edited by Lobrau, 27 December 2011 - 06:48 AM.

datoch

datoch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Google reader also shows tiles, looks likes it's same problem as gmail.

Anyone having tile problems in Email app?

Edited by datoch, 27 December 2011 - 06:51 AM.

vikorth

vikorth

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Android, javascript
  • Devices:htc sensation

Google reader also shows tiles, looks likes it's same problem as gmail.

Anyone having tile problems in Email app?

I too have the tile problem in email.

Raul602

Raul602

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Htc Sensation
all i can say is.... holy s*** this rom is badword snappy,

Install method
  • Wiped using android rev superwipe sensation
  • flashed troo1b
  • fixed permissions in both rom manager/recovery(did this AFTER i tested the bottom items to be working)

works for me
  • gmail - no glicthes or any bugs i can see with reading/sending email
  • browser - works perfectly fine, went to reddit.com and few other sites i visit regularly
  • market - downloaded speedtest.net,rom manager and few other apps with no problems

badword, looks like MMS is not working for me, it just keeps giving me a button to "download" the mms pic but it always fails, :( this is on US version for tmobile

I still can't believe how quick/snappy this is compared to the other sense based ICS roms i was running before, night and badword day difference.

Edited by Raul602, 27 December 2011 - 06:59 AM.

Jiggs82

Jiggs82

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation 4G
Is anyone having issues with not being able to receive or send mms? Thanks in advance

Reaper Man

Reaper Man

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm having the same tiling issues as everybody, plus facebook is doing the same thing.

zapbrannigan

zapbrannigan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:sensation
Hey everybody, I know some of you feel the need to Thank Trip for baking this ROM. But I think It's a little too much and pointless to have a post that only says: "Thank You Trip". Before you know it, the topic will be filled in no time with useless post. If you want to say thank you, Send a personal Message, Tweet. Stop posting Junk Posts. He know you appreciate his work , if you are posting a thank you, make sure it has something meaningful alongside.

With that being said, I think so far so good at the exception of the tiles with make certain apps unusable. For example Gmail doesn't render properly. Does anyone have an unconventional Fix for this?

BummAround

BummAround

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
Any kind soul would bother to post screenshot of the following tiles "bug", please?

Also, which GApps exactly to be downloaded and installed to fix the bug?

Does it work, if so, need I replace/erase the old gmail.apk and email.apk and browser.apk first? (Trip's tweet mentioned about he using older version of gmail to fix tiles "bug")

Gmail/Email app showing tiles, making info unreadable. (Might be fixed by flashing Gapps from Trip)

So, which one is supposed to be done: enable OR disable gl rendering, guys?

To fix browser type "about:debug" in browser with out the quotation marks of course then go to debug and click enable open gl rendering. I don't know how to fix this in Gmail though as I am also seeing tiles.

Edited by BummAround, 27 December 2011 - 07:06 AM.

OfPrometheus

OfPrometheus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation 4G
I noticed some fc on google apps, so I decided to flash the gapps. after reboot everything is fine

dvandit

dvandit

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
can someone post a link to gasps please ?
seems like gasps fix things

datoch

datoch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
OfPrometheus

Can you please share the gapps link?

Thanks

dvandit

dvandit

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
and where do i find gl rendering and should i enable or disable ?

datoch

datoch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I'm having the same tiling issues as everybody, plus facebook is doing the same thing.

To fix Facebook switch off "Force GPU Rendering"

K1UTCh809

K1UTCh809

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:N4 CM10.1 @1.7GHZ

all i can say is.... holy s*** this rom is badword snappy,

Install method

• Wiped using android rev superwipe sensation
  • flashed troo1b
  • fixed permissions in both rom manager/recovery(did this AFTER i tested the bottom items to be working)

works for me
  • gmail - no glicthes or any bugs i can see with reading/sending email
  • browser - works perfectly fine, went to reddit.com and few other sites i visit regularly
  • market - downloaded speedtest.net,rom manager and few other apps with no problems

badword, looks like MMS is not working for me, it just keeps giving me a button to "download" the mms pic but it always fails, :( this is on US version for tmobile

I still can't believe how quick/snappy this is compared to the other sense based ICS roms i was running before, night and badword day difference.

**yea same here everything running good but that the only stuff still having prbolem just the download it comes out saying cant be downloaded

** just tryed throwing a pic n recording came up this "Unfortunately camara has stopped" anyone else has the same problem?

Edited by K1UTCh809, 27 December 2011 - 07:15 AM.

An Binh

An Binh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Twitter:@anbinhv
So smoothhhhhh!!!....
Thanks U Trip!
Can any one show me how to make calendar widget show upcoming events?( in next 7 days)
Thanks!

vikorth

vikorth

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Android, javascript

can someone post a link to gasps please ?
seems like gasps fix things

Look at first OP in previous thread for this ROM which is blocked now. Trip posed the link for gaps there.

Gapps posted by Trip

An Binh

An Binh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Twitter:@anbinhv
I recomend Nova Laucher , I think it's better than the stock one.

Basil3

Basil3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Vario III
hi trip,

Impressive work! One bug I notice is I get all sorts of artifacts on screen when playing back videos I had previously shot. I took screenshots, but none of the artifacts show up on them....weird.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users