[ROM] [07-02] TripNiCE "The next level" 004B | ICS 4.0.3 | PURE AOSP

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest NickClarke40

Thanks SokNok for your installation guide, worked a treat, although as I used 4EXT I choose Superwipe option to format all partitions, also can stack multiple zip files to install.

And thanks to Trip for this latest ROM and all his hardwork

oh wow! brilliant work Trip:) alot of improvements since first beta build. ! well done once again , been following you on twitter for a while

everything works great , no browser errors no gmail or mail errors

camera is working somehow ( but FC the first time for me )

when installing TripNraveR Rom :

1: Factory reset

2: Delete Cache/data/system/Davik/

3: back up/ Format SD card ( but left 1 folder Clockworkmod)

4: Flash with Trips Rom

5: Flash with Trips Google Addon package from first Beta which was released on 25/12/11)

6; Didn't reboot straight after , go back into recovery mode : Fix permissions x2 / Reset Battery Statistics /

7: Restart the Phone , pass the installation and so on .. when asked to set up email during installation skip it . set up later on .

when tried opening camera , taking picture , it took it then crashed , ive booted into recovery mode and navigate thrue menu , Fix permissions clicked twice .

restarted phone . , camera work great .:) , video recording doesnt work . Browser working perfect .

Hope this helps for some :)

To TripNraveR : 1 question . if its possible maybe some people interested as well as me . to have Audio Beats integrated into music player . I know the ICS ASOP have problem with it , , but is it possible to install sock Senses Music Player ( themes a bit to look like ICS but have AudioBeats ?? ) or Custom Update that will delete the music player that you have in ICS and will install stock Senses Player with Beats from Sensation XE .. Just a thought as after leaving some other roms that had beats . the music doesn't sound the same :(

Guest ajonesma

oh wow! brilliant work Trip:) alot of improvements since first beta build. ! well done once again , been following you on twitter for a while

everything works great , no browser errors no gmail or mail errors

camera is working somehow ( but FC the first time for me )

when installing TripNraveR Rom :

1: Factory reset

2: Delete Cache/data/system/Davik/

3: back up/ Format SD card ( but left 1 folder Clockworkmod)

4: Flash with Trips Rom

5: Flash with Trips Google Addon package from first Beta which was released on 25/12/11)

6; Didn't reboot straight after , go back into recovery mode : Fix permissions x2 / Reset Battery Statistics /

7: Restart the Phone , pass the installation and so on .. when asked to set up email during installation skip it . set up later on .

when tried opening camera , taking picture , it took it then crashed , ive booted into recovery mode and navigate thrue menu , Fix permissions clicked twice .

restarted phone . , camera work great .:) , video recording doesnt work . Browser working perfect .

Hope this helps for some :)

To TripNraveR : 1 question . if its possible maybe some people interested as well as me . to have Audio Beats integrated into music player . I know the ICS ASOP have problem with it , , but is it possible to install sock Senses Music Player ( themes a bit to look like ICS but have AudioBeats ?? ) or Custom Update that will delete the music player that you have in ICS and will install stock Senses Player with Beats from Sensation XE .. Just a thought as after leaving some other roms that had beats . the music doesn't sound the same :(

tried this twice and didnt work, gmail is still all weird and stuff.

are you guys blind or just don't wanna read at all? click on this link to point you to the right post where ive provided a fix for facebook, mms and gmail

Didnt fix MMS, I dont use FB and GMail I had fixed already. Otherwise, thanks.

Guest fsshariq

Didnt fix MMS, I dont use FB and GMail I had fixed already. Otherwise, thanks.

Did you fix Gmail by replacing it with a non-ics version or some other way? I tried following the installation instructions posted above but it was a no go for me.

Thx alot for this.. Got a new daily now :)

1 thing that i'd like a solution to tho; I can't search for mobile networks. It just says it fails. My provider is switchin between 2 different networks and the prefered one

almost always got a bad signal so usually i select the other one on my own so it stays there.

Any tip welcome :) I use the same radio as the screens in the OP.

Is it possible to remove the google search bar?

Edited by TmEv

Guest Joel lock

Did you fix Gmail by replacing it with a non-ics version or some other way? I tried following the installation instructions posted above but it was a no go for me.

im going to make your life much easier..uninstall the one you already have on your phone and install this one

Gmail.rar

Edited by Joel lock

Guest tulliame

Hello, I installed this ROM this morning, I changed the fonts and placed facebook but I still can not sync the facebook phonebook.

Someone has done it?

This rom is wonderful.

Edited by tulliame

Guest Cyberdan3

How do we install a non-ICS gmail app? If I find it in the market, it says it is not compatible with my device....

Also, when I type about:debug into the address bar, nothing happens

Just saw you beat me to my answer with the link :)

Edited by Cyberdan3

Guest Cyberdan3

im going to make your life much easier..uninstall the one you already have on your phone and install this one

Just tried after uninstalling the ICS gmail from Titanium and it says "application not installed" to the one you posted....

Guest TheStigFIN

Hi, anyone else have problems with sim-card, cannot find any contacts from there... :/

(tested also anothers dialers and sim-card is working in another phone)¨

But all in all, this is great rom!

EDIT: Fixed with SIM Contacts, it find my contacts from sim and moved to gmail/phone....

Edited by TheStigFIN

Guest Jiggs82

are you guys blind or just don't wanna read at all? click on this link to point you to the right post where ive provided a fix for facebook, mms and gmail

My dude ive tried all of that and even made a new APN and still nada :/

Guest fsshariq

Thanks for the help. I already know this is going to work by replacing my current ics gmail app with the older one as i have went through this entire thread and am aware of the solution you posted several posts down. I was only inquiring whether he fixed his gmail using your method or by fixing the ics gmail app some other way.

EDIT: Also, my phone is recognizing my SD card and I can browse my files via Astro but neither the Gallery nor the Music app is recognizing any content on my SD card. I get a message saying "No External Storage detected".

EDIT 2: Formatted my SD card again and fixed permissions and now both apps are picking up my media.

Edited by fsshariq

Guest TripNRaVeR

anyone seen that wesley snipes loser on xda :lol: he dare to call me tripnkang wile the little baby himself posts links to htc kangs :lol: omg i didnt know people without education still exists these days

sorry for the offtopic but a bit of laugh will do no harm i guess :D

Guest eggyenergy666
anyone seen that wesley snipes loser on xda he dare to call me tripnkang wile the little baby himself posts links to htc kangs omg i didnt know people without education still exists these days

sorry for the offtopic but a bit of laugh will do no harm i guess

Whahaha! And this btw is the most brilliant, stable and fastest rom on ics! Even cam works with camera illusion pro on low res, reminds me of the old x10 days my friend!

Edited by eggyenergy666

Guest staymunch

anyone seen that wesley snipes loser on xda :lol: he dare to call me tripnkang wile the little baby himself posts links to htc kangs :lol: omg i didnt know people without education still exists these days

sorry for the offtopic but a bit of laugh will do no harm i guess :D

hahaha that guy is constantly hating on you over on xda rolleyes.gif

Guest TripNRaVeR

hahaha that guy is constantly hating on you over on xda rolleyes.gif

The only thing i have to say to him; "dont hate me cause you aint me"

The clown never contributed anything to the Android community and is talking like he IS Android.

edit:

dont why xda allow all that useless posting on the forum, guess it says something about there level regarding Android "development"

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest cujoblue

when tried opening camera , taking picture , it took it then crashed , ive booted into recovery mode and navigate thrue menu , Fix permissions clicked twice . restarted phone . , camera work great . , video recording doesnt work . Browser working perfect .

Hope this helps for some

Can anyone confirm this works for camera???