New Skate user

Guest Mrkyone

Guest Mrkyone

Hello to everyone.

I am tottaly new Android user (old symbian pro user), and my first Android phone is ZTE Skate that I bought over my network.

Soo I would like to ask for some advices, what ROM should I use after rootin for best performance, what navigation program can I install on my phone, what does OMC shortcut stands for, what informations you think is important for me to know about this phone and android, I saw somewere that you can overclock procesor to 1 Ghz soo would you recommend it etc etc...?

Guest j4u8020

Welcome.. My novice advice would be don't rush, but enjoy the phone.. Play with it... you can't go wrong with one of tillaz roms (ATOMIC) is great.. Try some market apps... work out want you want from the skate... Then set it up accordingly (I've had mine for a few weeks and still experimenting... But loving it).. Oh and the support from this community is superb. Have fun

Guest Skate Away

I am tottaly new Android user (old symbian pro user), and my first Android phone is ZTE Skate that I bought over my network.

Soo I would like to ask for some advices, what ROM should I use after rootin for best performance

I've just moved from Symbian to Android rolleyes.gif

CM7 is good

what navigation program can I install on my phone

I'm using Copilot as it has it's own maps - most GPS software seems to require a data connection to download maps on route.

If you're on foot or cycling you can select sections of maps to download in Bikehub, which also seems quite good.

what does OMC shortcut stands for, what informations you think is important for me to know about this phone and android, I saw somewere that you can overclock procesor to 1 Ghz soo would you recommend it etc etc...?

OMC = Orange Monte Carlo

You can set min and max clock speeds and (afaik) the CPU governor moves it up on demand (in steps) until it reaches max, so the increase may well not be easily noticeable, however I guess you could set min & max to ~1ghz - the CPU would still be doing the same amount of work, just in a shorter time, so efficiency might suffer (= more heat generated) - let us know when you've done some tests !!

Guest Mrkyone

Thanx for advices guys :)

Does anyone know if Igo navigation can be installed on Skate, I know that it can be done on other android phones and I need it cause it has good maps of Serbia, and I am Serbian ofc...

Thanx for advices guys :)

Does anyone know if Igo navigation can be installed on Skate, I know that it can be done on other android phones and I need it cause it has good maps of Serbia, and I am Serbian ofc...

Yes, I have installed Igo on Skate (OMC), it works fine.

Guest Wacky.ddw

And one more question Atmoix or CM7 what you think is bette or maybe some other?

Atomic is better preformance wise, has better camera quality, looks better... But has poor battery life, the v3 update will solve this.

Cyanogenmod: had more options etc, has very good battery life and works very stable, but the filming is very crappy and atomic is mutch faster.

So just try flashing one of them, if you dont like it you can flash the other one afterwards. Imo Atomic is better, but im on cyanogenmod now untill the update comes out for atomic because battery life is the most important thing to me. :)

Guest Mrkyone

Atomic is better preformance wise, has better camera quality, looks better... But has poor battery life, the v3 update will solve this.

Cyanogenmod: had more options etc, has very good battery life and works very stable, but the filming is very crappy and atomic is mutch faster.

So just try flashing one of them, if you dont like it you can flash the other one afterwards. Imo Atomic is better, but im on cyanogenmod now untill the update comes out for atomic because battery life is the most important thing to me. :)

Thank you Wacky.

I am just discoverin this phone and today I discovered 2 more problems....

Is it possible that I can't change message tone to sth other than offered and is it possible that built in keyboard dont have new row "enter" button?

Guest monographix

Ohhh I am forgotten :P :( :)

wish i could help but i am ignorant, posting just to not feel lonely :D :P

btw atomic v3b is released

any feedback here on improvements, changes, (stability, battery life etc) appreciated :)

Edited by monographix