Xbox Controller on Honeycomb 3.2?

Guest PixelSrike

Guest PixelSrike

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all of the information you've given towards me being able to install Honeycomb on my Vega.

I have a problem now but it is a bit more specific. I have recently enjoyed playing Onlive games on my Advent Vega, but I feel that I would have a bit more fun with it if I could use my wired Xbox controller with it. I have used ShuttleTools and set USB to host so it recognises the device, but all the controller does is flash. I downloaded USB/BT JOYCENTRE to try and get it to work but apparently I don't have a device plugged in even when the controller is plugged into the side of my Vega.

Any help at all you could give would be amazing.

Thanks a bunch,

Matt

I'm not sure which roms support the controller, I think it needs to supported at kernal level - so any VegaComb based rom should work, but don't quote me on that :) All I can is I'm using HoneyIce 3.2.6 and my brand new xbox 360 controller worked out of the box, both with onlive and GTA 3... and I did the same thing - set host mode using shuttle tools, plugged in controller, bingo. It continues to flash also, but works fine.

kinobe

Edited by kinobe

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all of the information you've given towards me being able to install Honeycomb on my Vega.

I have a problem now but it is a bit more specific. I have recently enjoyed playing Onlive games on my Advent Vega, but I feel that I would have a bit more fun with it if I could use my wired Xbox controller with it. I have used ShuttleTools and set USB to host so it recognises the device, but all the controller does is flash. I downloaded USB/BT JOYCENTRE to try and get it to work but apparently I don't have a device plugged in even when the controller is plugged into the side of my Vega.

Any help at all you could give would be amazing.

Thanks a bunch,

Matt

USB joy center does not work .. i didnt take the time to figure why ... Are you using an official xbox wired controller ? if so it should work out the box .. if its not official it may need kernel support added for your specific device...

Guest PixelSrike

USB joy center does not work .. i didnt take the time to figure why ... Are you using an official xbox wired controller ? if so it should work out the box .. if its not official it may need kernel support added for your specific device...

Yeah, it doesn't. Any emulators I go on say my button inputs are unmapped when I try and configure it. Also, yes it is an official Xbox controller.

Thanks for the help ;D

Yeah, it doesn't. Any emulators I go on say my button inputs are unmapped when I try and configure it. Also, yes it is an official Xbox controller.

Thanks for the help ;D

What does dmesg output say when you plug the controller in ? you can get this if you have abd installed

adb shell dmesg

or if you install a terminal app from marketplace and type dmesg in it ...

I have working xbox controller and have used the n64 emulator .. buttons get remapped in app by hand .... triggers dont work however ...

• 6 months later...
Guest jmzoakley

I'm having the same problem, in the dmesg it is saying it recognises the MS Xbox controller, but when I configure it in Tiger Arcade it just says <none> where it would say what button should be.

In the USB/BT test app it is not recognising anything. The light is flashing on the pad.

I'm baffled and I really want this to work please help!

Guest danb79

probly a silly question but have you gone into settings language and input and checked to see if it needs a tick in the box ? as i have to with my sixaxis?