6 replies to this topic

PixelSrike

PixelSrike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
Hello everyone,
Thanks for all of the information you've given towards me being able to install Honeycomb on my Vega.
I have a problem now but it is a bit more specific. I have recently enjoyed playing Onlive games on my Advent Vega, but I feel that I would have a bit more fun with it if I could use my wired Xbox controller with it. I have used ShuttleTools and set USB to host so it recognises the device, but all the controller does is flash. I downloaded USB/BT JOYCENTRE to try and get it to work but apparently I don't have a device plugged in even when the controller is plugged into the side of my Vega.

Any help at all you could give would be amazing.
Thanks a bunch,
Matt

kinobe

kinobe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, Samsung Galaxy 3
I'm not sure which roms support the controller, I think it needs to supported at kernal level - so any VegaComb based rom should work, but don't quote me on that :) All I can is I'm using HoneyIce 3.2.6 and my brand new xbox 360 controller worked out of the box, both with onlive and GTA 3... and I did the same thing - set host mode using shuttle tools, plugged in controller, bingo. It continues to flash also, but works fine.

kinobe

Edited by kinobe, 28 December 2011 - 07:54 PM.

Cass67

Cass67

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Hello everyone,
Thanks for all of the information you've given towards me being able to install Honeycomb on my Vega.
I have a problem now but it is a bit more specific. I have recently enjoyed playing Onlive games on my Advent Vega, but I feel that I would have a bit more fun with it if I could use my wired Xbox controller with it. I have used ShuttleTools and set USB to host so it recognises the device, but all the controller does is flash. I downloaded USB/BT JOYCENTRE to try and get it to work but apparently I don't have a device plugged in even when the controller is plugged into the side of my Vega.

Any help at all you could give would be amazing.
Thanks a bunch,
Matt

USB joy center does not work .. i didnt take the time to figure why ... Are you using an official xbox wired controller ? if so it should work out the box .. if its not official it may need kernel support added for your specific device...

PixelSrike

PixelSrike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega

USB joy center does not work .. i didnt take the time to figure why ... Are you using an official xbox wired controller ? if so it should work out the box .. if its not official it may need kernel support added for your specific device...

Yeah, it doesn't. Any emulators I go on say my button inputs are unmapped when I try and configure it. Also, yes it is an official Xbox controller.
Thanks for the help ;D

Cass67

Cass67

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Yeah, it doesn't. Any emulators I go on say my button inputs are unmapped when I try and configure it. Also, yes it is an official Xbox controller.
Thanks for the help ;D

What does dmesg output say when you plug the controller in ? you can get this if you have abd installed

adb shell dmesg

or if you install a terminal app from marketplace and type dmesg in it ...

I have working xbox controller and have used the n64 emulator .. buttons get remapped in app by hand .... triggers dont work however ...

jmzoakley

jmzoakley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm having the same problem, in the dmesg it is saying it recognises the MS Xbox controller, but when I configure it in Tiger Arcade it just says <none> where it would say what button should be.
In the USB/BT test app it is not recognising anything. The light is flashing on the pad.
I'm baffled and I really want this to work please help!

danb79

danb79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:advent vega, nexus s
  • Twitter:@na
probly a silly question but have you gone into settings language and input and checked to see if it needs a tick in the box ? as i have to with my sixaxis?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users