Kernel 2.6.32.9

Guest vamshistunner

Guest SoftStoner
are you on deadlink kernel per chance?

I was. I installed Racerboy's ROM #257 followed by deadlink's kernel (since it was the only one with haptic feedback completely disabled). Now I installed Vamshi's new kernel build (#68) and I can't disable haptic feedback on the home, menu and return "buttons".

Guest plegdroid

I was. I installed Racerboy's ROM #257 followed by deadlink's kernel (since it was the only one with haptic feedback completely disabled). Now I installed Vamshi's new kernel build (#68) and I can't disable haptic feedback on the home, menu and return "buttons".

I've got vamshi's kernel. on #257 you should have sh file in system, when I was on deadlink kernel I had to put the sh file in bin to make haptic work, so thought if it removed would stop it, can you just set the haptic value to zero( up and down values)? :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Racerboy

i believe its "haptic_feedback.sh" which resides in the bin folder that provided the haptic feedback in deadlinks kernel, without it no haptic feedback will occur (only with deadlinks #186 gen1)

Guest SoftStoner
i believe its "haptic_feedback.sh" which resides in the bin folder that provided the haptic feedback in deadlinks kernel, without it no haptic feedback will occur (only with deadlinks #186 gen1)

Right, hence I suspect it's a (Vamshi's) kernel issue. :)

Guest Racerboy

no we are talking about vamshis kernel here :o haptic goes through touch_to_key too and cant be disabled

yes, without touch_to_key we have no function from the soft keys home,menu,back so its either haptic feedback or no function at all unless its deadlinks #186 which touch_to_key has no effect so you have to use haptic_feedback.sh file to enable

Edited by Racerboy

Guest plegdroid

That's the system shell. Removing it will most likely kill the whole system! :blink:

:lol: , has reducing the haptic value to zero had any effect ?

edit, just tried it and no it dosnt work, hahoo :D

Edited by plegdroid

Guest SoftStoner

:lol: , has reducing the haptic value to zero had any effect ?

edit, just tried it and no it dosnt work, hahoo :D

Oh, sorry, I didn't answer you, plegdroid. Yes, same here, reducing the feedback to zero has no effect at all. :(

Guest equiliym

Oh, sorry, I didn't answer you, plegdroid. Yes, same here, reducing the feedback to zero has no effect at all. :(

you were probably reducing some whoknowswhere haptic in your system that can be also checked in spare parts or settings>sound>haptic feedback.. never knew what that actually turns on/off lol

Guest SoftStoner
you were probably reducing some whoknowswhere haptic in your system that can be also checked in spare parts or settings>sound>haptic feedback.. never knew what that actually turns on/off lol

Well, I know a thing or two about Linux, but Android is sufficiently customised to be a different beast on its own. :) I would expect such knobs to interact with some kind of user space library, the kernel having only a simple interface to start and stop the vibration motor (through, say, sysfs).

Guest equiliym

Well, I know a thing or two about Linux, but Android is sufficiently customised to be a different beast on its own. :) I would expect such knobs to interact with some kind of user space library, the kernel having only a simple interface to start and stop the vibration motor (through, say, sysfs).

linux user here too D: ill check out today about that touch_to_key.. would be nice if we had source but i dont think chinese ever released it sadly :(

edit: nah, whatever i did, i just ended up without softkeys lol, either via tslib or stick with this.. both are ok imho, i dont complain :P

Edited by equiliym

Guest vamshistunner

Sorry, i am busy with my work and can't reply to every comment. As someone asked about disabling haptic feedback, no you cant disable it. In next kernel .35 there is no need of touch_to _key and virtualkeys work fine.

If there is anyone who need kernel for Gen2, come up with the base address by tomorrow afternoon or else you can wait for longtime as i wont login any sooner.

Guest massacre^

Sorry, i am busy with my work and can't reply to every comment. As someone asked about disabling haptic feedback, no you cant disable it. In next kernel .35 there is no need of touch_to _key and virtualkeys work fine.

If there is anyone who need kernel for Gen2, come up with the base address by tomorrow afternoon or else you can wait for longtime as i wont login any sooner.

aww..... that means no new kernels for a long time dont it :(

anyways thanks for your awesome new year present man...

hope you return soon for another gift :D

Edited by massacre^

Guest equiliym

i dont think many of people here use gen2 so i dont think its really needed.. there is deadlinks gen2 for those who use it but since everyone is using racerboys roms, they are no doubt gen1

Guest Racerboy

@Vamshi

Ok, Boot addresses for gen1 and gen2 for our Racer

Gen1 = 0x02e00000 < Vamshi if gen1 address is correct then gen2 address should be correct aswell

Gen2 = 0x02600000

got the gen2 address from deadlinks kernel #187

Guest Shubham st

Hola guys, finally i made a kernel with Perfect Calibration and Improved Sensitivity.

Now screen NO MORE JUMPS TO LEFT while pressing applications button.

Install at your OWN RISK

Kernel 2.6.32.9 #68 (Gen 1) (New)

CHANGELOG:

- Fixed lockscreen power issue.

Download link at bottom.

Kernel 2.6.32.9 #38 (Gen 1) (old)

CHANGELOG in addition to my previous kernel:

- Perfect Calibration

- Improved sensitivity

- Included few other cameras

- Added Governors:

* SmartassV2 ( I recommend )

* Interactive

* Smartass

- NTFS with R/W support

and few other changes. :D

Known Issues:

- Problem with lockscreen(takes few attempts to unlock).

Next new Kernel version will be 2.6.35.7. I am almost near to it. Need to sort out few things.

To change Governor Goto Cyanogenmod Settings -> Performance -> CPU Settings -> Available Governors-> and select. (Smartassv2 is Too Fast and Excellent)

Installation:

You need to have touch_to_key in /system/bin/ for it to work.

If you have latest Racerboys Rom's, you can just format boot and install through cwm.

If you are using my kernel in your ROM, hyperlink my name to this thread.

Do Not Mirror

Download HERE (Thanks Wooly_sammoth for hosting on your server)

hello vamshi I'm having some trouble here I downloaded your #68 kernel but the file is corrupted I tried 3 4 times but no luck what's wrong:-(

Guest Racerboy

hello vamshi I'm having some trouble here I downloaded your #68 kernel but the file is corrupted I tried 3 4 times but no luck what's wrong:-(

the file is fine i just checked myself, with over 400 downloads no problems, keep trying :)

Guest plegdroid

I tried many times but its still corrupted I also tried other zip files they also. But they alsoWon't worked for me :-(:-(

what gen phone you got? :)

how are you trying to install?

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Rahulj85

I've got gen 1 its indian racer dell xcd 28 ; I tried to install it through cwm

after download, try unzipping the contents of the file. sometimes the zip file doesnt download properly and when you try to run it via cwm, you will definitely get a installation aborted error due to bad zip file..