Mobile internet and unidentified traffic - help needed

Guest akasma74

Guest akasma74

I try to configure my S120 to use Mobile Internet and discovered a very strange thing.

I switched off Background sync and Auto-update in Settings->Accounts&Sync.

However, when I turn Mobile Internet on and load my allowance web page (I'm with O2), the figures of consumed traffic increase every time.

I'm not sure whether it's provider's bug (they claim it's free of charge to check my allowance but who knows) or some application in background constantly downloads something.

The question is how can I completely switch off all unwanted syncs/downloads when I use Mobile internet? My allowance is only 100 Mb at the moment and I don't want to go beyond the limit.

Guest t0m3czek

Are you rooted? If yes, try this:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.googlecode.droidwall.free&hl=pl

I try to configure my S120 to use Mobile Internet and discovered a very strange thing.

I switched off Background sync and Auto-update in Settings->Accounts&Sync.

However, when I turn Mobile Internet on and load my allowance web page (I'm with O2), the figures of consumed traffic increase every time.

I'm not sure whether it's provider's bug (they claim it's free of charge to check my allowance but who knows) or some application in background constantly downloads something.

The question is how can I completely switch off all unwanted syncs/downloads when I use Mobile internet? My allowance is only 100 Mb at the moment and I don't want to go beyond the limit.