Touchscreen calibration?

Guest JCPren

Guest JCPren

Is there any way to calibrate the touchscreen of the T-Mobile Vivacity?

When I touch icons, keys, etc near the right margin, the phone always interprets the click to be slightly to the right of where I intended. If I touch in the right margin itself, the click is ignored.

Can this be fixed with an app, a tweak or some ROM customisation?

Many thanks.

John

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

If this is after you installed a rom then it's because you haven't read through the forum properly rolleyes.gif If you do you'll see that any of these roms should be installed, immediately followed by the default kernel for your phone.

So, install the custom rom and then without restarting install the default kernel for your phone.

Guest JCPren
So, install the custom rom and then without restarting install the default kernel for your phone.

I did, both times I installed a ROM. The glass "buttons" still work (both in the ROM and in Clockwork), so I've done it properly. The touchscreen problem must be because of something else.

Guest JCPren

I have managed to solve this problem by switching to Smart Keyboard Pro, which includes its own calibration feature. (The inaccuracy was small enough only to cause problems when typing, with small buttons. Icons tend to be large enough that I hit them anyway, so I can get away without calibrating the whole of the screen.)

Edited by JCPren