How do I manually partition a blank SD Card for Android Apps2SD ?

Guest dragonxpress

Guest dbbloke

I was going to start a thread but you beat me to it. I was constantly running out of space or have zero space on my device to install anything. I downloaded a 200/35 TPT which helped but then hit what I also discovered is this second problem.

I was guessing it needs an /sdcard and /sdcard-ext BUT did a poke around at xda. Still not any clearer! Seems you need 3 partitions not 2 then mount and fix permissions and convert to ext3??

I'm running an unlocked OMC with atomic 3c or cm9 as my internet browser phone. Using the 2gb card that the phone came with, but it's been an experimental phone really, so hard to know what roms might have been doing to it.

Guest dadashi

To do a "proper" partition and format on your pc use sd formater here, go to the bottom of the page for the download link....

afterwards use partition wizard or any other partition software to change the partitions to your liking, or make a sd-ext partititon at the end of your card...

Better still, use clockworkmode recovery (cwm) to partition and format your sd card correctly with sd-ext and even swap....

Guest dragonxpress

follow this guide, its easy wink.gifhttp://android.modac...ed-please-read/

Followed your guide up until "once it finishes close the program and turn off usb storage and reboot your phone.

open the link2sd app and when it asks to select the format select fat32 at the bottom, it will tell you to reboot - do this now"

But does not tell me to reboot I get

Mount Script error

Mount script cannot be created

mount:Invalid argument

Any ideas ?

Followed your guide up until "once it finishes close the program and turn off usb storage and reboot your phone.

open the link2sd app and when it asks to select the format select fat32 at the bottom, it will tell you to reboot - do this now"

But does not tell me to reboot I get

Mount Script error

Any ideas ?

if you have done a full wipe since making the partition it will have changed to ext3, so from link2sd select ext3, not fat32

Guest dragonxpress

if you have done a full wipe since making the partition it will have changed to ext3, so from link2sd select ext3, not fat32

Tried that too and still get same message ?

Guest dragonxpress

try formatting the sccard in windows, then try setting it up again

Thanks for the suggestions Tillaz, I've tried following all the above but still no joy ? Could this be the fault of the SD card (IT'S A 32GB Kingston card) as it is also the card that doesn't allow me to flash Atomic V3E (I had to use the original 2GB card to flash the ROM with no issue)

Guest dbbloke

To do a "proper" partition and format on your pc use sd formater here, go to the bottom of the page for the download link....

afterwards use partition wizard or any other partition software to change the partitions to your liking, or make a sd-ext partititon at the end of your card...

Better still, use clockworkmode recovery (cwm) to partition and format your sd card correctly with sd-ext and even swap....

Thanks, format util + CWM really fixed all problems with OMC in just a couple of minutes and a few simple steps.

Guest dragonxpress

Thanks, format util + CWM really fixed all problems with OMC in just a couple of minutes and a few simple steps.

I even had a go at this but couldn't work out the bit about CWM what do I choose to partition and resize ?

Guest dragonxpress

Blimey nobody ? My phone is working fine with Atomic 3E and apps even get transferred to the SD Card once installed but I get the

Mount Script error

Every time I click on Link2SD, I cannot 'choose any of the file system of the SD card's 2nd partition' as it will always result in the above.

My phone works ok - should I be worried about this ?

My phone works ok - should I be worried about this ?

no, because i have had this on the zte blade with certain sdcards but found a way around it.

when you are formatting the 32gb sdcard in windows are you unticking the ''quick formate box'' if no, you should untick it then format

then try again.

91017485.png

if that still fails try this

set your 2gb card up for link2sd by using the guide right up to the part where after selecting your second partition from link2sd and it says you need to reboot.

now turn off your phone and add the 32gb card

(making sure its been set up for link2sd first) and reebot, it should now work

Edited by tillaz

Guest dragonxpress

no, because i have had this on the zte blade with certain sdcards but found a way around it.

when you are formatting the 32gb sdcard in windows are you unticking the ''quick formate box'' if no, you should untick it then format

then try again.

91017485.png

if that still fails try this

set your 2gb card up for link2sd by using the guide right up to the part where after selecting your second partition from link2sd and it says you need to reboot.

now turn off your phone and add the 32gb card

(making sure its been set up for link2sd first) and reebot, it should now work

Ok Tillaz, thanks I'll give it a shot as I cannot move my apps to SD Card now an phone memory low. What do I do after I have fully formatted (not quick formatted the 32GB card ?

Guest dbbloke

Just tried it with another 32GB card - same error message !

in mini partition wizard, how does the screen look when you select the SD card... partitions, primary or logical, file system, type, properties for each partition. have you tried just a 16gb partition, but 32 should be ok.

I noticed my apps2sd upgraded the other day. I had a reboot sequence order error, seems fine now? Tried updating or perhaps v4 has the latest version, still on 3c, more fun tomorrow as i gave to a friend for a birthday present.

Edited by dbbloke