Photo

how to map hardware button to a schell script? (screen calibration problems)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

feuxfollets

feuxfollets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
So I'm running r8 on my tablet, and it works really well except for when, approximately once a day, the touchscreen just stops working.

Recalibrating it fixes the problem, but that requires plugging in a mouse because there's no other way to get to the screen calibration app since the touchscreen doesn't work. Unfortunately I don't usually carry a mouse with me all day.

Is there a way to map a hardware button code to activate a shell script, so then I can just make a script to activate the recalibration app?

Andy_E

Andy_E

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I did find an app called "Button Shortcut" but that only seems to allow remapping of Search and Camera buttons. However, there are a couple of links below that may be of interest:

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=695936

http://forum.xda-dev...522&postcount=1

The second one looks the most useful but will require rebuilding a boot image.

scumball

scumball

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega

Cass67

Cass67

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

So I'm running r8 on my tablet, and it works really well except for when, approximately once a day, the touchscreen just stops working.

Recalibrating it fixes the problem, but that requires plugging in a mouse because there's no other way to get to the screen calibration app since the touchscreen doesn't work. Unfortunately I don't usually carry a mouse with me all day.

Is there a way to map a hardware button code to activate a shell script, so then I can just make a script to activate the recalibration app?

Question is .. what button would you forgo the use of to have this feature ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users