[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

Guest C3C0

Guest C3C0

1) go to Settings / wireless / mobile networks / access point names. Switch to one saying "internet". If there's no such apn you can define a new one with parameters you should find on your provider website.

2) this is battery bar. You can turn it off in skatie settings.

Guest Camobat

Thanks for the Fast response and info ! your a star ! :)

for my next trick finding information from the Orange site !!! :unsure:

Guest mrgpg

Hi

Been using this ROM for about 3 weeks now and thought I'd see what I could do with overclocking the CPU. BUT, as a science teacher, I thought I'd see if I could use it in a lesson to teach "design of experiments".

So, I set up a Taguchi experiment and played with settings -- check out the pdf of the report that my students helped me create. Using a designed experiment to overclock and Android Phone.

I tested the CPU speeds (max / min), governors, i/o schedulers and the SD card cache.

The chart below shows the Main Effects -- all except the SD Card Cache are statistically significant to p=0.000

main_effects.png

Clearly CPU Speed, Lagfree and Noop offer the highest performance -- but I suspect the perception of performance might be equally important.

I wrote the exercise up as a blog post here: Mr Gilchrist - Overclocking an Android Phone

YMMV.

Glen

Guest mrgpg

Hi all

Thanks for the feedback.

I made a post in the Main ZTE Skate board - I wonder if I should test other ROMs under the same conditions?

Glen

Guest C3C0

That would be really interesting imho. To have some kind of an "official" rom comparisons :) A lot of people have tendency to ask on forum what rom to choose with regards to performance. This could be something to help them decide. At least partially. Time to ask your students to go and buy Skates for experiments to speed up the process :D

Edited by C3C0

Guest C3C0

Just a little addon that solves alarm info showing in lockscreen for alarming applications other than ZTE default one.

Ported from Swedish Snow so big thanks to KonstaT.

Additionally I added alarm info in pattern lock type of lockscreen because original SwS implementation is missing this one.

It works with classical slide to unlock types of lockscreens only. Mine works also with pattern lock lockscreen.

The reason why I am not releasing this as part of new version (2.5) is because I still don't know if there will be any 2.5

in the near future...

Here it is. Flash via CWM recovery and remember:

THIS ADDON IS APPLICABLE TO 2.4 NON-RTL VERSION ONLY!!!

I CAN ALSO MAKE ANOTHER ADDON FOR RTL VERSION IF ANYONE'S INTERESTED

skatie-lockscreen-alarm2.zip

Edited by C3C0

Guest radiodaze

I'm sorry to hear that 2.4 may be the last...I hope not.

Skatie is a very great ROM and I can't find a single issue with it. Easy to install and very professional. If, once like me, you're trawling this forum looking to getting better software than your suppliers bloatware then you will not go wrong with Skatie and you'll be surprised at how great it is. Every part of the software works, every facility on the phone (wireless, GPS, data etc) works 100% no lock ups and battery life is great too. I've enjoyed my brief foray into hacking my phone, Skatie made it easy. Not a single issue for months. I certainly won't be removing it from my phone any time soon...sounds like a commercial but credit where credit is due.

Very great work and thanks C3C0

R

Guest C3C0

Oh. Quite hard to swallow such a burst of compliments :D thank you.

Of course, if I come across any new interesting features I won't hesitate to implement them. For now I feel like rom doesn't need another specialties. Well, at least I haven't come across any myself. Maybe it would be fine to hear from users some requests or suggestions if any. So feel free to post your ideas. Also for kitchen, of course.

Guest MrDetonator

I found error with Wi-Fi. When it's on and phone is in stand by for about 10 hours, Wi-Fi can not turn on. There's "Error" in Wi-Fi settings text.

Also, sometimes programs show lines like here or sometimes just don't work.

I made screenshots, this one is image choose menu from 3-d party program (absolutely different programs show this errors)

0fb45c0240f6t.jpg

and this is usual stock Gallery application:

d8a25541b8a3t.jpg

or sometimes applications just show only screen errors like this:

e35f16f4fafet.jpg

Guest C3C0

1) Don't know about wifi. I haven't had turned it on for such a long time so I hadn't chance to experience it.

But I could try but don't know when since I am currently on CFX because my activity is there right now.

2) Looks strange. Never seen this before. I would try other ROMs. This looks like some hardware failure to me...

Guest C3C0

Well, I participated on making some fixes to it, like bluetooth and camera.

Overall performance of ics is quite great. e.g. scrolling of internet pages is

more smooth than in gingerbread. Overall UI feels smoother.

But it still has some issues, though.

Mainly HW video decoding because of missimg OMX codecs for armv6.

Battery life is comparable.

Guest milidroid

Hi C3C0 ! thanks a lot for working hard on this rom! have a question pls! i downloaded your rom first today! flashing the 1.1 went fine but after flashing the 2.4 it hangs in boot screen (Skatie custom ROM .... cooked by Ceco... AndroidForum.sk) ! i already wiped before and after updating but it's the same! need your help!

thanks again :)

Guest C3C0

You probably set the wrong version in the kitchen. You must set the version you are upgrading FROM! So 1.1 in your case.\

You probably set 2.4, which is wrong. Try to regenerate and flash the update again.

Guest milidroid

you've right! I selected 2.4 as my current version :( i change that now , thank you so much

Edited by milidroid

Guest MrDetonator

2) Looks strange. Never seen this before. I would try other ROMs. This looks like some hardware failure to me...

Maybe cleaning some caches etc will help?

What caches can I clean?

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest MrDetonator

Well, I participated on making some fixes to it, like bluetooth and camera.

Overall performance of ics is quite great. e.g. scrolling of internet pages is

more smooth than in gingerbread. Overall UI feels smoother.

But it still has some issues, though.

Mainly HW video decoding because of missimg OMX codecs for armv6.

Battery life is comparable.

But HW decoding works on previous ROMS, why it cannot be transfered here?

What about that CM7 ROM you posted yesterday, is it very different from CFX, which one is better and is it possible to flash this CM7 using current ROM's recovery and go back if I don't like it?

Does it also have HW decoding issues?

Edited by MrDetonator