How do you Sync music?

Guest Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi i started this topic because i want to trow my computer trough the window, i cant find any decent FREE music syncing program.

I used an ipod from a friend wich forced me to start using itunes. So i made all playlists in itunes but then i bought an android phone since i wanted an MP3 and needed a GSM. So i soon realised i had to make my playlists AGAIN...

DOUBLETWIST: sucks because it doenst have a function to import/export playlists. And it crashes half of the time because my music librairy is to big. This really pisses me off what music program cant proccess 450GB of data...

After it FINALY synced my playlists from itunes i removed itunes and started adding music to double twist, now im f*cked because i cant save them. So if my windows crashes all those playlists are gone.

EASY PHONE TUNES: This lets you sync with itunes, wich would be great if you could sync separate playlists for that you need the pro version. I have 10 playlists and i cant sync them all because thats more then 16GB. I want to be able to sync some playlists if im tired of them i just delete them and sync them back anytime i want. So if this would work properly with seperate playlists this would be great.

WINAMP: Its the best program for just listening music, but when it comes to syncing it doesnt work like it should...

WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER: I think the name says enough

I SYNCR: This was the first app that did what it promised and worked like it should. You had to install it on your phone it would put a .exe file on your SD and everytime you wanted to sync with itunes you click it. But now it doesnt seem to work anymore since link2sd always links it to my second partition and if i remove the link the .exe file tried several things cant get it to work again...

MEDIAGO: Great app the only problem is it only alowes you to copy music not sync so if you add 3 songs to a 5gb playlists you have to delete and copy it again instaid syncing the 3 songs.

SALLING MEDIA SYNC: It says connect a device then it shows a list but there is no ZTE in the list. and it says "if a mode-selector is shown on your device select mode acording to this table" but there is no table shown and there is no way i can get the program to find my device...

I tryied tons of other there is no decent program that does all these things:

1. does not crash on 450gb of music

2. lets me sync seperate playlists

3. lets me save playlists externaly so i dont have to make them again after computer crash...

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest PedroVader

+1 Google music. Really a great option. Just leave it to upload an entire night and you'll have seamless music sync across multiple devices.

Mine took about a week in the end, you're allowed 20k songs, ive got about 8k, around 90gig altogether, up to 8 devices, as i discovered while I was flashing roms, everytime you sync a new device the count goes up, new rom=new device, had to de-authorise 3 Skates yesterday, all the same handset ;-)

Guest tilal6991

Mine took about a week in the end, you're allowed 20k songs, ive got about 8k, around 90gig altogether, up to 8 devices, as i discovered while I was flashing roms, everytime you sync a new device the count goes up, new rom=new device, had to de-authorise 3 Skates yesterday, all the same handset ;-)

Yeah. It really depends on your upload speed. But once you get it up there you're sorted ;)

Guest Wacky.ddw

I want to slap myself in the face right now :s why have i never heard of google music :P I searched around many times, "itunes for android" "android music sync" "official android music sync" etc...

Then i asked about everyone i know. Me and my friends where all wondering: WHY DOENST GOOGLE HAVE SOMETHING LIKE ITUNES...

Is it something new then because im pretty sure i searched it before i bought my skate.

If i go to google music trough google i get:

We're sorry. Google Music is currently only available in the United States

Guest Wacky.ddw

There is no way i can get to google music every link that sends me to google or android market gives me this error:

Het door u opgevraagde document is niet beschikbaar in uw land.

Translation: The document you asked is not available in your country.

You allready answered that :)

Is this a offline program like itunes, if so could i download it by chaning my proxy or something? And the upload speed you are talking about you mean uploading to your mobile trough wifi? Because uploading 450GB to internet that would take me 9 months we have a 50GB in the month download/upload limit.

I just want a program to connect it with USB and transfer it that way :)

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest tilal6991
I want to slap myself in the face right now :s why have i never heard of google music I searched around many times, "itunes for android" "android music sync" "official android music sync" etc...

Then i asked about everyone i know. Me and my friends where all wondering: WHY DOENST GOOGLE HAVE SOMETHING LIKE ITUNES...

Is it something new then because im pretty sure i searched it before i bought my skate.

If i go to google music trough google i get:

We're sorry. Google Music is currently only available in the United States

There's a guide on modaco on how to get Google music outside the USA.

Guest PedroVader

There is no way i can get to google music every link that sends me to google or android market gives me this error:

Het door u opgevraagde document is niet beschikbaar in uw land.

Translation: The document you asked is not available in your country.

You allready answered that :)

Is this a offline program like itunes, if so could i download it by chaning my proxy or something? And the upload speed you are talking about you mean uploading to your mobile trough wifi? Because uploading 450GB to internet that would take me 9 months we have a 50GB in the month download/upload limit.

I just want a program to connect it with USB and transfer it that way :)

Its a cloud service, uploaded from your PC first, how many tracks have you got, 450gb seems huge!

I stream my playlists over 3g when I'm out and about, ive got a fair allowance at 750mb a month, haven't gone over yet.

Edited by PedroVader

Guest Wacky.ddw

Its a cloud service, uploaded from your PC first, how many tracks have you got, 450gb seems huge!

I stream my playlists over 3g when I'm out and about, ive got a fair allowance at 750mb a month, haven't gone over yet.

I dont know, but thats not even half of the music we have. My dad has bin collecting vinyl and cd's since he was 15 i think he is amlost 50 now, infact we have a separate room full of CD's etc. Everytime my dad buys a CD he converts it to MP3/Flac. Or if its vinyl he downloads the music since he owns that record so i think he has about 1 terrabyte of music he acutally owns.

My music collection is only half that big and is electronic music, but collecting music is a bug that runs in the family :) So there is no way i could upload that :P

If its a could service it isnt like itunes at all? The only thing i want to do is puting it from my pc to my device, no internet involved since i dont have mobile internet on my phone i only use the WIFI sometimes.

Couldnt one of you just send me the .exe file i guess not? :)

Guest PedroVader

I think your best bet is a high capacity memory card, and be a bit selective on your tracks, as far as players go, i find the stock one fine.

Sounds like your dad is a real audio junkie, no point telling him to lower the filesize if his preference is flac, no loss of quality there.

The Google music apk is easily found, i think its on xda, but a quick search will find it on the web. The interface is nicer than stock.

Guest Wacky.ddw

I think your best bet is a high capacity memory card, and be a bit selective on your tracks, as far as players go, i find the stock one fine.

Sounds like your dad is a real audio junkie, no point telling him to lower the filesize if his preference is flac, no loss of quality there.

The Google music apk is easily found, i think its on xda, but a quick search will find it on the web. The interface is nicer than stock.

Yep we are both audiojunky's few of my friends cant talk about anything else then music.

Yea i have bin using google 4.0.9 for a while now, i always install it then make it a system app with titanium backup so it gets linked to the market and it updates automaticly its looks really nice and it has a search button.

Normally a friend has some 32GB sd cards that fell of a boat, for a ridiculous low price. Till i have that one i will have to do with my 16GB sd for now.

The most irritating thing right now for me is, that i have 10 playlists in double twist but i cant export them to m3u files so im stuck with double twist or i have to make all the playlists again. If it would have the option to export playlists it would be the perfect program for us.

About the google music thing, there is no option to index your music offline then? So google isnt providing a service for people that have no internet connection but want to sync music to there phone. And offcourse apple doenst want to make itunes compatible with android devices, so im sad to admit that iphone/ipod is mutch better then android for music related stuff.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest dadashi

Here is a little m3u_maker.bat m3u playlist maker, just stick it in the album file, double click it and it makes you a xx.m3u playlist of all the music in that folder in a second....won't take tooo long to get through all your 450GB's...:D

Edited by dadashi

MediaMonkey claims to support android devices, I haven't tried the syncing though I have used the player a number of times and it's a gem.

I don't know how far the android syncing goes, but I guess it's worth a try...

Edited by v1pEr

Guest Wacky.ddw

Here is a little m3u_maker.bat m3u playlist maker, just stick it in the album file, double click it and it makes you a xx.m3u playlist of all the music in that folder in a second....won't take tooo long to get through all your 450GB's...:D

Well thats quite handy thanks :D But what i actually need is something that searches for the files in a playlists. Then i could sync the music from double twist to my android device. Then copy the playlists to my computer. Then i have the .m3u files but they dont contain the path to the right tracks, so i need a tool that finds the tracks and links them again.

MediaMonkey claims to support android devices, I haven't tried the syncing though I have used the player a number of times and it's a gem.

I don't know how far the android syncing goes, but I guess it's worth a try...

Thanks i will give it a try and let you know how it went :) i hope i find a old backup of my playlists so i dont have to choose all my music again...

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

I just installed google music it is a nice concept :) But you should also be able to sync music offline its retarded that you cant just transfer it from your computer to your device by cable...

Guest philmein

I just installed google music it is a nice concept :) But you should also be able to sync music offline its retarded that you cant just transfer it from your computer to your device by cable...

you need to try google music importer it tags any albums you want for offline use

you can get it on the market

then you cand use on you phone or drag them on your pc

sound like what your looking for wacky

Edited by philmein

Guest Wacky.ddw

you need to try google music importer it tags any albums you want for offline use

you can get it on the market

then you cand use on you phone or drag them on your pc

sound like what your looking for wacky

I use the google music importer, but you still need to upload it to google first then download it to your phone before it comes available offline thats ridiculous...

So now i still use double twist and hope they make a update so i can save my playlists and it can handle large amounts of music.

I used to hate itunes i tought it was the worst program ever made, but now i wish itunes would work with android...

Guest Wacky.ddw

Does this help you?

TuneSync

Thats the same principal as isyncr, you cant sync more then 1 playlist in the free version. And ive tried a pro version (cracked) to test if it works. If it worked i would have probably payd the 5€ but it doesnt work the way it works is you have to put a exe file on your SD and when you press the EXE a program opens and you can sync it from itunes to android. What would be perfect but the .exe always gets linked by link2sd and i cant get it to work properly

But thanks for all the reply's guys, im just not an easy person when it comes to music :P

Guest Cyclothunder

well, perhaps i'm going to say a big nonsense... pls don't flame me tongue.gif

i have been googling for windows media player syncing to android devices and from what i read it appears to work.

i'm not at home now, so i can't test and i don't have a large mp3 collection, however, why don't you give it a try?

Are you using windows7? so you can try last version of wmp.

Guest Redstarr1

What's wrong with the syncing Winamp does? You can export your playlist as an .M3U file from iTunes, import the playlist in Winamp and then sync to your phone. I miss that Winamp can't convert the audio files to a lower quality though. A lot of my music is 320kbps, and I don't think the Skate has very good sound anyway, so a little quality loss wouldn't hurt.

Anyone got an idea for doing that? So I want to convert a bunch of songs from a playlist to a lower bitrate and then sync that playlist with my phone.

Edited by Redstarr1