Honeycomb Port, Is it possible?

Guest Learning.Dev

Guest Learning.Dev

I love the way things are arranged on Honeycomb and how everything looks and works, I know honeycomb is for tablets only and i'm not sure it would be possible to ever get mobile network working. I am wondering if it would be possible to port a version of Honeycomb from a tablet with similar specs as the sensation to the sensation?

Guest nba1341

ICS is a much improved version of honeycomb so I doubt anyone would want to waste their time. BUT why not just get a launcher such as adw that allows themes and mimic the honeycomb look? Becuase how ICS works is the same how honeycomb works except more efficiently

Guest kotaro_14

It is possible, Andy Rubin creator of Android said it himself. That was also why Google didn't release the Source Code until November thinking that people would use a tablet based OS in a phone. Think of it this way, HC is a beta OS for ICS. You could always get the tablet version of ICS of you go to the build.prop in ICS and change the dpi to 160, although text is a bit harder to read.

Guest Learning.Dev

It is possible, Andy Rubin creator of Android said it himself. That was also why Google didn't release the Source Code until November thinking that people would use a tablet based OS in a phone. Think of it this way, HC is a beta OS for ICS. You could always get the tablet version of ICS of you go to the build.prop in ICS and change the dpi to 160, although text is a bit harder to read.

Alright thanks! maybe ill give that a try :)

Could you explain exactly how to do? When i set DPI to 160 things on my screen just become smaller, but i still can't have the tablet UI ... i tried with TripNice and Virtuous Quatro and it's the same, even with auto-rotate 180°