Photo

How to change the horrible Huawei UI (2.3) menus?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Kapsustaja

Kapsustaja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
So I got the 2.3.5 update and the Huawei UI that comes with it. I tried all sorts of lauchers and themes, but all of them only change a couple of things. They still keep most of the Huawei UI items like the horrible looking Dialer for example. How to I change them?

Most of all I would like the Ice Cream Sandwich theme, but even the stock 2.3 theme looks good. How do I change it to that? Posted Image

There is a 2.3 theme stickied, but I think it's meant for 2.2 Can I still use it?

Edited by Kapsustaja, 14 January 2012 - 08:41 PM.

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

So I got the 2.3.5 update and the Huawei UI that comes with it. I tried all sorts of lauchers and themes, but all of them only change a couple of things. They still keep most of the Huawei UI items like the horrible looking Dialer for example. How to I change them?

Most of all I would like the Ice Cream Sandwich theme, but even the stock 2.3 theme looks good. How do I change it to that? Posted Image

There is a 2.3 theme stickied, but I think it's meant for 2.2 Can I still use it?

You might be able to use some of the CM7 things? Not sure what will work and what won't. Download the U8800 CM7 and extract them from the .zip file.

You can get the stock 2.3 Launcher here: http://dl.dropbox.co....3 Launcher.rar

Huawei U8800 / Ideos X5 - Rooted & Unlocked
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 | Rom: Android 2.3.5 - Official Huawei Final Release
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 (un-modified) | Partitions: Stock Partition Layout

....:::: Ultimate Guide to the Huawei U8800 ::::....
Rooting | Custom ROMs | ClockworkMod | Themes | Other Hacks & Tweaks

[U8800] [How To] Root, Install ClockworkMod + Remove Bundled Apps from Official 2.3.5

Posted Image

WEBSITE - TWITTER - GOOGLE+ - BLOG

Kapsustaja

Kapsustaja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hmm, I will look into the CM7 things I guess. Can I combine the stock 2.3 and like Go Launcher themes? So the menus that GO doesn't change are 2.3?

Kapsustaja

Kapsustaja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I downloaded some of the CM7 themes, but I'm not sure how I can get them working. Technically they have the necessary icons, audio, apk files and frameworks with them, but I don't know what do to them.

Currently I would be happy if I could just get the basic 2.3 gingerbread ui...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users