Advent Vega V2 (aka V91) microphone problem

Guest tibor22

Guest tibor22

My Advent Vega V2 (according to Settings/About: V91) tablet has Android 3.2 firmware. The exact data:

Modell no. V91

Android version 3.2.1

Kernel 2.6.36.3 ant@ant-build #56

Build no. v00.07.00 20111007

This ROM is beta version with a lot of bugs. But the most annoying one for me is that the microphone sometimes works somtetimes not. And I have no way to influence its behaviour. It can be hardware problem but I don't think so, since for example I make a Skype call with working mic then I do nothing with the tablet, even don't move it, but 10 minutes later trying another call the mic suddenly does not work.

Please, those who have the same tablet with the same ROM report here whether their in-built mic works or not. Do they have the same problem as me or not?

And also those who have another ROM (2.2 or other version of 3.2), please, tell me: do they have normally working mic or not.

Thanks, Tibor

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sebdetours

Hi tibor

I have the same tablet, and same problem with microphone.

I also have problem with webcam. Webcam work with skype, but doesn't work with Camera App.

This is exactly the same rom release. Where did you bought it?

Guest tibor22

Hi tibor

I have the same tablet, and same problem with microphone.

I also have problem with webcam. Webcam work with skype, but doesn't work with Camera App.

This is exactly the same rom release. Where did you bought it?

I ordered the tablet from Aliexpress webstore. But unfortunatelly the vendor, Show China Industry, does not provide any kind of customer service.... What about your device?

By the way, you can use the camera app: open it and change the option from back to front camera. Then force shut off the device by pushing the Power button more than 5 minutes long. Then power on again and the app will work with the front camera.

Anyway, I don' care the camera too much, I would rather need the mic! For using Skype it is essential. And it even more annoying that when somebody calls me via Skype I can never know whether he or she will hear me or not...

I am thinking of installing the Android 2.2 ROM which I downloaded from a link found somewhere here, but what if I would like to re-install the 3.2 later? I don't have it separately, just on the device.

cheers, Tibor

Guest tibor22

Hi, alexzhou,

Thanks for the link, I've downloaded the 2.2 ROM. But still I have no courage to flash it. Do you know also from where could I get the 3.2 version in case I would not like the 2.2?

And do you have any information when will be a better 3.2 ROM for this device?

Cheers, Tibor

• 2 months later...
Guest sebdetours

Hi, alexzhou,

Thanks for the link, I've downloaded the 2.2 ROM. But still I have no courage to flash it. Do you know also from where could I get the 3.2 version in case I would not like the 2.2?

And do you have any information when will be a better 3.2 ROM for this device?

Cheers, Tibor

Here is 3.2 rom for advent vega 2 (DVC N10)

Modell no. V91

Android version 3.2.1

Kernel 2.6.36.3 ant@ant-build #56

Build no. v00.07.00 20111007

Download here : 3.2 Rom

Guest tibor22

Sebdetours,

Thank you for the 3.2 ROM. I've downloaded it.

I recently installed the 2.2 ROM, it works more or less normally, but it made my tablet much slower. Now at least I will have the possibility to put back the more advanced system if I get fed up with the old one...

By the way, do you - or anybody - have any news about possible ROM development under way for Vega 2?

Cheers,

Tibor

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sebdetours

I heard about a rom with ICS 4.0 beta from the factory in singapor.

But if it work like 3.2 Beta....

With this tablet, the Hardware specification is pretty good, but the software.....

This is really the problem when you buy a tablet with low sale volume, there is no communauty to build good rom, and finally you use the tablet at only 50 % of potential.

Sorry for my engish.

I will post some news about 4.0 roms when it will be avalaible...

Sebdetours,

Thank you for the 3.2 ROM. I've downloaded it.

I recently installed the 2.2 ROM, it works more or less normally, but it made my tablet much slower. Now at least I will have the possibility to put back the more advanced system if I get fed up with the old one...

By the way, do you - or anybody - have any news about possible ROM development under way for Vega 2?

Cheers,

Tibor

Guest tibor22

Sebdetours,

anyway, I would give a try for the 4.0 ROM. Maybe it's better than the 3.2.

Do you know from where could I download it?

Thanks,

Tibor

• 5 years later...
Guest lili watsonn

recently installed the 2.2 ROM, it works more or less normally, but it made my tablet much slower. do my assignment uk Now at least I will have the possibility to put back the more advanced system if I get fed up with the old one...