ZTE Light Tab 2 / ZTE V9 PLUS / ZTE V9+

Guest KapTmaH

Guest KapTmaH

ZTE V9+ / ZTE Light Tab 2 / ZTE V9 PLUS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STOCK ROM:

Warning: To see more languages in settings just delete \system\etc\customize\default.xml with any root explorer and reboot

V9PLUSV1.0.0B15 (Download) Mirror

MD5: 68db20b10bc24eb0797d8d21cc9d5441

ro.build.version.release=2.3.5

ro.build.date=Fri Nov 18 15:43:27 CST 2011

ro.product.model=Light Tab 2

ro.product.locale.language=en

ro.product.locale.region=US

ro.build.software_version=V9PLUSV1.0.0B15

ro.build.sw_internal_version=V9PLUSV1.0.0B15
V9PLUSV1.0.0B03 (Download) Mirror MD5: da870860911c038f9f3e9c136479e591

ro.build.version.release=2.3.5

ro.build.date=Mon Dec 12 07:22:32 CST 2011

ro.product.model=MegaFon V9+

ro.product.locale.language=ru

ro.product.locale.region=RU

ro.build.software_version=MEGAFON_V9PLUSV1.0.0B03

ro.build.sw_internal_version=MEGAFON_V9PLUSV1.0.0B03
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Driver for ZTE Light Tab 2 / ZTE V9 PLUS / ZTE V9+ ZTE Handset USB Driver 5.2066.1.11 (Download) Mirror MD5: e7257bce4c2bbdc34eb09b8989d09594 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Root for ZTE Light Tab 2 / ZTE V9 PLUS / ZTE V9+ 1) Unlock Root 2.2.1 (Download) Mirror MD5: c5cb298a434957179dab6891fa8cbfc1 1) Install ZTE Handset USB Driver 5.2066.1.11 and Android ADB Drivers 2) Settings - Applications - Design - "Debugging USB" tick 3) Connect the USB cable 4) Press click "Root" 5) Reload 2) Update.zip (Download) Mirror MD5: a2844ac335a5c1cfdb9bea2fc041b415 1) Volume down + Power ( Run ClockWorkMOD 4.0.1.5) MD5: 88598962d3f293f4ab58eac2548264d4 2) install zip from sdcard - choose zip from sdcard - update.zip 3) Reboot ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ClockWorkMOD 4.0.1.5 for ZTE Light Tab 2 / ZTE V9 PLUS / ZTE V9+ ClockWorkMOD 4.0.1.5 (Beta 2) (Download) Mirror MD5: 88598962d3f293f4ab58eac2548264d4 1) Power Off 2) Home + Volume DOWN + Power (Hold for 10 seconds) 3) Сonnect the usb cable 4) Run - INSTALL - ClockWorkMOD 4.0.1.5.bat Else 1) Run CMD
adb reboot bootloader 

cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools

fastboot flash recovery b2_recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-v9plus.img

Edited by KapTmaH

Guest KapTmaH

Thanks man!

Unfortunately I can not download any of the files without paying. http://vip-file.com/ is pay only site as far as I can see. Do you have any other free site that I can download?

yes now add mirrors

Edited by KapTmaH

Guest Tai_Tony

Taiwan Mobile release its new Pad Phone as MyPad P3 that is same as Light Tab 2 or ZTE V9A.

I use the unlock tools but it fail to root this new device.

Any help for Root ?

I have to delete the apps that TWM add it.

MyPad P3 root OK now. Just use CWM to flash update.zip.

Hi Tai_Tony, I am glad it worked out for you :)

Would you care to make a rom dump for us? I will give you the instruction if you are interested. Since your tablet is clocked @1.4GHz, we might be able to use your kernel to overclock our tablet.

Guest Tai_Tony

Hi Tai_Tony, I am glad it worked out for you :)

Would you care to make a rom dump for us? I will give you the instruction if you are interested. Since your tablet is clocked @1.4GHz, we might be able to use your kernel to overclock our tablet.

OK, please advise me how to dump this ROM ? I use CWM to backup and get some image files in SD card. Is it same as dump ROM ?

OK, please advise me how to dump this ROM ? I use CWM to backup and get some image files in SD card. Is it same as dump ROM ?

Great! I found the easist way to dump rom is from adb shell. Make sure you have at least 1GB of free space on your sdram.

From windows command prompt where you put adb files:

adb devices
The last line should say V9PLUS_GENERIC device If it is, then continue.

adb shell

su
If you are rooted, now there should be # sign. Now it's time to dump the partitions. You might already know that messing with dd is not very save. So you probably want to copy and paste each line to avoid typos. Wait for each command to finish before continue to the next.

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p1 bs=4096

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p2 bs=4096

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p8 bs=4096

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p9 bs=4096

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p11 bs=4096

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p12 bs=4096

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p14 bs=4096

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p15 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p15 bs=4096
Last partition mmcblk0p15 is rather big about 500MB uncompressed. So it might take a while to finish. Done. Then just zip them altogether and upload it somewhere.I prefer multiupload, because that site automatically mirror 9 other file sharing sites. But any other site will do. The compressed file should be less then 200MB total. Here is an example of rom dump:

C:\ZTEV9Plus>adb devices

List of devices attached

V9PLUS_GENERIC  device

C:\ZTEV9Plus>adb  shell

$ su

su

# dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p12 bs=4096

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p12 bs=4096

4096+0 records in

4096+0 records out

16777216 bytes transferred in 2.168 secs (7738568 bytes/sec)

#
Btw, here is partition list on V9+ that I gather if you're curious:

/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 dbl.mbn

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 osbl.mbn

/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 

/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 

/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 cefs.bmn

/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 

/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 /persist

/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 adsp.mbn

/dev/block/mmcblk0p9 amss.mbn

/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 

/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 EMMCBOOT.MBN

/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 boot.img

/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 recovery.img

/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 splash.img

/dev/block/mmcblk0p15 /system

/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 /misc

/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 /cache

/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 /data

Thanks for your help!

Edited by tictoc

Guest Sebastian404

If that is my version of Clockwork Mod recovery (and from the name it could be) you should be very carefully with it, the guys I got to test it said it would crash and corrupt when it restores from back ups..

ive been too busy with work stuff to return to it.. and also lacking a handset...

Guest Tai_Tony

Yes. There is a bug. When you backup but it can not create MD5 files for each image. It can only create three images: boot, system, and data. But, if you wipe everything, then backup and it is OK for everything include MD5 file.

I should create MD5 file manually and then can restore these three files (boot,system and data) to reboot MyPad P3.

This is my experience on this CWM.

But anyway, thank for your effort.

If that is my version of Clockwork Mod recovery (and from the name it could be) you should be very carefully with it, the guys I got to test it said it would crash and corrupt when it restores from back ups..

ive been too busy with work stuff to return to it.. and also lacking a handset...

Sebastian. I am so glad to hear from you! :) Some people in androidforums was worried about you because what you wrote here. I know, I know, first accused of being a girl, now this :)

Btw, I am the person that made cwm request to you via twitter.

If you don't mind, could you post V9+ cwm source that you did somewhere, probably github, so others can continue your excellent work?

Thanks.

Edited by tictoc

Guest Sebastian404

Sebastian. I am so glad to hear from you! :) Some people in androidforums was worried about you because what you wrote here. I know, I know, first accused of being a girl, now this :)

Btw, I am the person that made cwm request to you via twitter.

If you don't mind, could you post V9+ cwm source that you did somewhere, probably github, so others can continue your excellent work?

Thanks.

I contracted a very nasty chest infection over Christmas and have mostly been sitting around trying to recover for the last month, thats the joys of surfing in SoCal.

The text on www.podtwo.com is a quote from The Matrix Reloaded, its been there for years.

I've got a few things I need sort out but I'll post my stuff to github once I get orginized (a few days yet)

• 3 months later...
Guest trikomlabs

recovery not work for zte V9c , anyone help me?

you should use cwm recovery for V9, cwm 4.0.1.5 is the good one..

meanwhile,

it's what I did this weekend... Edited by trikomlabs

Guest trikomlabs

new stuff from zte site.. one click update tools

it's zte newest driver with V9PLUSV1.0.0B18 rom

this is for V9+ (MU+MAB) varian

get it here

• 2 months later...
Guest Satorr

Hello ¡¡ :lol:

I have a ZTE Ligth Tab 2, buy from Expansys, and i want install a new room. Try to root and install the recovery, but it is not possible. The android's version is 2.3.5

How can I to do ??

Sorry for my english, is very bad.... :blush:

Guest asdouf

Hay guys

I have ZTE V9 build number(GB_ARABIC_V9C1.0.0.B01) (android 2.3.5)

I want to UPDATE room but i afraid lost Arabic support( I need only arabic keybord)

could any one tell me rooms will work with my tab ?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest traplo86

Hello guys!

I am in possession of a ZTE V9 PLUS_ONDA TT102.

After you have root, I installed the CWM 4.0.1.5, SEEMS TO WORK but it gives me error e: can not open / dev/block/mmcblk0p16

and nothing works .... backups, custom rom (Installation update ... installation aborted.)

who could help me?

thank you very much

• 1 month later...
Guest tictoc

Upgrade to Clean B18 Rooted from cwm

file: http://www.4shared.c..._rooted_fr.html

* Based on official ZTE V9+ firmware here.

* should work on tablet ZTE Light Tab Plus (V9+) and family (V9A, MyPad P3, Megafon V9+)

* no root required

* install cwm first

* All user programs and data will be wiped clean

How to Install

1. Extract and put "2013-03-22.16.48.20" folder from zip file in "/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/" directory on sdcard.

2. Boot to cwm.

3. Mount /system, /cache, /data dan /sdcard folders.

4. Wipe data/factory reset

5. Restore and choose "2013-03-22.16.48.20" folder.

6. One more time, wipe data/factory reset

Edited by tictoc

• 9 months later...