• Please log in to reply
597 replies to this topic

eLJay

eLJay

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (Orange Monte Carlo)
I had to stop using Ice Armour III+ as it if I made a phone call and put my phone to my ear it stopped the call.
And I calibrated the sensor without any result.

Just informing of my problem as I've moved over to a CM9 install, as the phone and camera are working just need a Wifi/Data/Market fix.
So no support needed on this.

Ipecac9

Ipecac9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Sound engineering
  • Devices:Galaxy S II, Nexus 7, Skate
I love this ROM but I can't get the compass or GPS to work properly. It tells me I'm pointing to the opposite direction of what I actually am. Don't know if it's the ROM's or phone's problem though.

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Devices:SGS3 I9300 + OMC/ZTE Skate

I love this ROM but I can't get the compass or GPS to work properly. It tells me I'm pointing to the opposite direction of what I actually am. Don't know if it's the ROM's or phone's problem though.

Hey I've just loaded up Google Maps and it also is currently showing me the opposite direction... I turn my device to left of my bedroom it shows me that I'm looking right of my bedroom... Thanks for pointing this out, I would have never noticed... Is this gonna be looked into please??? :P

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

Pillhead

Pillhead

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
just installed this and what is it i need to get it the desktop to look like the pictures on the first page with a picture of a aerial and the signal going up vertically please?

cheers

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD

just installed this and what is it i need to get it the desktop to look like the pictures on the first page with a picture of a aerial and the signal going up vertically please?

cheers

Install ice armor theme in theme Chooser app.

Pillhead

Pillhead

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
thanks........

i was told cm7 and cm9 are the only roms that support the automatic downloading of apps from the market?

i cant get this rom to do it?

Is it possible.

Thanks

AMcK

AMcK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:5x OMC, Lenovo A1
I have three OMC and just one of them had call problems with Ice Armor III+ but it had no such problems with other ROMs
The screen would blank and lock immediately the call started and either never or much later unlock
After a few unsuccessful attempts I recalibrated the proximity sensor and it now works perfectly like the other two.
Maybe you should try again.
This is such a good ROM it's a pity not to be able to use it.

Andrew

I had to stop using Ice Armour III+ as it if I made a phone call and put my phone to my ear it stopped the call.
And I calibrated the sensor without any result.

Just informing of my problem as I've moved over to a CM9 install, as the phone and camera are working just need a Wifi/Data/Market fix.
So no support needed on this.

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Just a thought for everyone!... As I type this post and find myself trying to spell a word in the UK English for example "recognise" I see that the first few dictionary suggestions that is shown is giving spells the word with a "Z" in it... Now, I have my language setting English UK, so you'd expect the dictionary would be in the same language, right?... So, why is that I get American words being suggested as I type instead of UK English?... Is it that my rom is Americanised and so everything else on the device defaults on American terms?... Anyone else here got any comments regarding this?...

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

官寇玉

官寇玉

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-UV960
er > i couldn t download this rom do you have others link? sorry abaout my poor english

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X
you can add this to build.prop to set any theme on first boot, providing you have it in the .zip

persist.sys.themeId=ADD THEME NAME HERE
persist.sys.themePackageName=add.theme.path.here

below is an example of the way i set the ics theme on a cm7 rom

persist.sys.themeId=ICS
persist.sys.themePackageName=com.sonny.theme.ics

this is only really useful if you base a rom on cm7 and want it to have a theme pre-set

Gagas1

Gagas1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate-OMC, G300, TF101
Hi there. I am using this ROM for a while now. I have a little problem. I uninstalled facebook and then istalled it again. Since then i dont have the pictures of my contacts shown on the contacts list.
I tried many times syncing but no luck. Any ideas please?

OK found it SOLVED

Edited by Gagas1, 03 April 2012 - 09:27 PM.

Riz1

Riz1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540
I have managed to block my SIM card and it is now 'PUK locked'. I have a PUK code from my phone operator but cannot figure out where to enter it. The homescreen only has an emergency call button.

I am currently running Ice Armour 3.

Thanks in advance.

It's now sorted.

Edited by Riz1, 04 April 2012 - 03:33 PM.

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted in the following message http://android.modac...st__p__1923003

Okay, I gotta say that this WiFi issue is now really really starting to irritate my nerves!... For the life of me can't figure out what the hell is going on with this rom's WiFi!... Every so often, the signal just completely cuts off and stops working leaving me unconnected to the web... It sometimes even doesn't work when I get full WiFi signal (when colour changes to blue from white) after trying to reconnect manually!... I just don't understand why this is happening!... I've set everything to make sure that WiFi signal stays on when plugged into power, even when devices goes into sleep mode... Anyone got any issues with this???... If I can't resolve this, I might have to go flash ColdFusionX early (before it can be perfected), and have to live with the bugs in that and hope that the WiFi in this rom works more stable than this rom... Have the latest ColdFusionX for my Blade and the WiFi signal on that is stable and strong, almost 100% of the time, the rom is running super smooth on it as well, unbelievable for what the device is compared to my Skate :D

For my other issue with this rom, it seems that I had to install on the system/app another hacked/modded apk GoogleServicesFramework.apk to force stop "This Device is incompatible with this app" message from ever appearing again besides apps designed for other versions of Android that is... So far, the modded Play Store apk and this GoogleServicesFramework.apk file combination is working perfectly, all of my apps haven't reported back with the incompatible issue for a few days now, and I haven't cleared the data/cache after initially clearing them a few days ago (after installing the two apks onto system.app)... this is the LINK to this file if anyone is asking for it so hopefully you'll enjoy uninterrupted Play Store usage as well...
NB, it wasn't stated in the post but I found that I lost my google account and contacts sync to google, this is because the one in my system/app was 2.3.7 and this one is 2.3.4 modded, so backup you contacts and any other google related syncs before pushing the GoogleServicesFramework.apk file to the system/app, when you do push this file it effectively uninstalls the current one in system/app and your google account and re-installs this version, which means you have to sign-in again and re-import your contacts and other google related syncs... However, if you do have the same version as the modded file, it may keep your google account and others as it thinks the install is only replacing the file and not the whole google services framework structure, but it be safe to backup just in case :P

If want these files for ICS, I'm guessing you'll have to start googling for them as I've got mine from LCD Modder Pro app on the Play Store to get incompatible issues resolved on my ICS devices!...

Okay, PEACE OUT DUDES and DUDETS :P

felystar

felystar

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
Hey I had some issues with your Rom please the dev please read the topic I made and see if uknow what does your theme do you can surely help me
http://android.modac...RMOR-III -error
ICE ARMOR III+ error

Edited by felystar, 09 April 2012 - 09:58 PM.

Just loving my Monte Carlo ^_^

teemo

teemo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Medion P4310 - CM7 Powered
/dev/block/mtdblock4 35840 1168 34672 3% /cache

/cache/dalvik-cache
/cache/lost+found
/cache/recovery

Is this used for anything ? I have 34MB here just doing nothing!
Read somewhere that OTA updates goes here, but I really don't care about that.

( I'm still on tilal6991's latest CM7 )

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
Any reason why the CyanogenMod settings force closes all the time. Tried re-booting but with no success. Sure there was something else but can't. remember for the life of me what it is

Edit: Vibration only is the other issue. Works fine on unlock and all other profiles, but not vibrate only. Am I the only one getting this problem. Using 3+ if it helps

Edited by utternoob, 10 April 2012 - 06:11 PM.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

zombik1

zombik1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Nokia E52

Friend follows the path: Configuration / Applications / Kill application ... Simple as that! Hugs
:D :D

:lol: Lol must overlooked it. I was looking for it here too. For the record its Settings/ Applications/Development/Stop app via long-press. THX anyway :)

JetKun

JetKun

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (OMC)
  • Twitter:@stephenfry
Dear kelzsoca,

Will you continue developing this ROM for the Skate? There are a host of bugs, but it's still my fav ROM, as it is CM.

:D

-kun

AbrantesPT

AbrantesPT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Devices:ZTE SKATE
Hi
I have Ice Armour III, best room 4 zte sKate!
But i have a issue:

During calls people says that my microphone volume is very low, how can i fix this? is a rom issue or i have to take my phone to warranty ?

Thanks 4 any help!

aamiel

aamiel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo : ZTE skate

During calls people says that my microphone volume is very low, how can i fix this? is a rom issue or i have to take my phone to warranty ?

It is a known problem on the skate. Return to stock rom then send back under warranty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users