San Francisco vs San Francisco II any improvements??

Guest redhawkuk

Guest redhawkuk

As long time ZTE Racer owner (Android 2.1) I want to update to a phone with Android 2.3 and a bigger higher resolution captivate touch screen.

So I noticed the San Francisco II today in the Argos catalogue being sold for roughly the same price as the older original San Francisco.

From what I can tell the San Francisco II has a 5mpix camera, 800MHz Processor (ARMv6??) and Android 2.3 Gingerbread which incidentally sounds pretty much like the specs for the oversized overpriced Orange Monty Carlo.

I also read additional comments on a review site that the Processor was under powered when compared to other handsets.

Now I'm not bothered about processing power I was happy to play Angry Birds on my Racer so I doubt this would be much of a problem on the San Francisco II.

However I was wondering how does this phone perform for making voice calls i.e. good quality loud speaker, GPS navigation, Wifi connectivity / stability and poor quality camera.

Also how easy is this to unlock is there an NCK code method like the Racer or do I need to flash my handset??

Richard S.

Guest ROMZERO

I think you'd appreciate the san fransisco 2 just for the capacitive touchscreen,better camera and for an unlock code you'd need to wait the compulsory 3 months to be issued an unlock code but theres threads on here to guide you to unlock via fastboot or TPT right away which are so easy.Also the processor does run at 800mhz which is fine for angry birds etc and it will be soon be overclockable. I have the t mobile vivacity which after the £10 compulsory top up of the handsets is £10 cheaper with the same inner parts as the san fransisco, the only difference is it has a different shell or case. hope this helps.

As long time ZTE Racer owner (Android 2.1) I want to update to a phone with Android 2.3 and a bigger higher resolution captivate touch screen.

So I noticed the San Francisco II today in the Argos catalogue being sold for roughly the same price as the older original San Francisco.

From what I can tell the San Francisco II has a 5mpix camera, 800MHz Processor (ARMv6??) and Android 2.3 Gingerbread which incidentally sounds pretty much like the specs for the oversized overpriced Orange Monty Carlo.

I also read additional comments on a review site that the Processor was under powered when compared to other handsets.

Now I'm not bothered about processing power I was happy to play Angry Birds on my Racer so I doubt this would be much of a problem on the San Francisco II.

However I was wondering how does this phone perform for making voice calls i.e. good quality loud speaker, GPS navigation, Wifi connectivity / stability and poor quality camera.

Also how easy is this to unlock is there an NCK code method like the Racer or do I need to flash my handset??

Richard S.

Edited by ROMZERO

Guest redhawkuk

The Vivacity looks a nice phone I especially like the fact there are no navigation push buttons and the camera doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

I did read somewhere the battery capacity is smaller than the SF2 and suffers from touch lag depending on the controller provided i.e. Amtel or Synaptics.

Is this lag a real problem or are some people just too picky because they type too fast??

Personally I'm not really bothered so long as the screen is accurate to my finger touch but I would like to know what the fuss is about.

Richard S.

Guest ROMZERO

Yeah it does look nice very much like an iphone 4 and the fact that it only has soft buttons is cool because they dont make a creeky noise like the sf2. I dont know about the battery being smaller but i find it fine for every day use and i play a lot of music through it. I charge it once a day so its full battery again tho. I have the inferior amtel touchscreen but ive not had a problem with it.kinda panicked at first finding out it wasnt a synaptics but its been fine with stock rom and after i flashed flibbles r2a rom and the vivacity stock kernel also provided by flibble kindly. Maybe their picky i wouldnt like to judge anyone on that. the choice is yours.im quite chuffed i saved a tenner and i was able to just walk into the t mobile store and purchase one unlike the sf2 they kept selling out because orange stores only get one at a time lol

The Vivacity looks a nice phone I especially like the fact there are no navigation push buttons and the camera doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

I did read somewhere the battery capacity is smaller than the SF2 and suffers from touch lag depending on the controller provided i.e. Amtel or Synaptics.

Is this lag a real problem or are some people just too picky because they type too fast??

Personally I'm not really bothered so long as the screen is accurate to my finger touch but I would like to know what the fuss is about.

Richard S.

Edited by ROMZERO

Battery is identical. I don't have a problem with the inferior Amtel screen either. Works very smooth and accuracy is spot on. Responsiveness is better but still not up with the expensive phones, which is to be expected.

Guest ROMZERO

+1

Battery is identical. I don't have a problem with the inferior Amtel screen either. Works very smooth and accuracy is spot on. Responsiveness is better but still not up with the expensive phones, which is to be expected.