Please help

Guest stefan2

Guest stefan2

can anyone help me make a rom for the huawei u8600/tmobile move balance. Since i'm a beginner i'm going to use custom rom studio but i have to extract system.img first and i have tried everything (wuyaffs uayffs cygwin everything )and nothing works.uayffs gives a violation error and wuayffs crashes.I'm using win 7.So can anyone help

Guest Drekavac

can anyone help me make a rom for the huawei u8600/tmobile move balance. Since i'm a beginner i'm going to use custom rom studio but i have to extract system.img first and i have tried everything (wuyaffs uayffs cygwin everything )and nothing works.uayffs gives a violation error and wuayffs crashes.I'm using win 7.So can anyone help

setting aside the fact that this phone uses an armv6 processor which disables the use of unmodified flash on it, it is by far one of the best android devices for less than 200eur. which surprises me why more people don't have it and why there are no custom roms yet (although this may be due to the fact that its a rather new device).

I wrote an email to Huawei support a week ago asking if they would send me the unbranded stock rom but they havent replied yet :/

Im just gonna state the obvious issues with the stock rom and i will try to fix them in the near future (i have some law school exams coming up so i cant promise anything)

1. Takes up too much RAM (i have no experience in fixing issues of this kind)

2. Branded and preloaded with a plethora of TMobile apps which are worse than useless (im gonna remove all of them)

3. Stock launcher is buggy and irritating (remove the HUAWEI device specific launcher and switch it with VTL or Launcher Pro)

4. No multi touch (again, i dont know how to fix this and im not sure if the lack of multi touch is because of the rom or the touchscreen digitizer)

5. There could be something wrong with the camera.apk or some bug in the rom which makes the picture look crystal clear before shooting and a bit off when the shutter is pressed (from a photographers standpoint i think it has some problems with controlling the aperture and the shutter speed)

Guest stefan2

setting aside the fact that this phone uses an armv6 processor which disables the use of unmodified flash on it, it is by far one of the best android devices for less than 200eur. which surprises me why more people don't have it and why there are no custom roms yet (although this may be due to the fact that its a rather new device).

I wrote an email to Huawei support a week ago asking if they would send me the unbranded stock rom but they havent replied yet :/

Im just gonna state the obvious issues with the stock rom and i will try to fix them in the near future (i have some law school exams coming up so i cant promise anything)

1. Takes up too much RAM (i have no experience in fixing issues of this kind)

2. Branded and preloaded with a plethora of TMobile apps which are worse than useless (im gonna remove all of them)

3. Stock launcher is buggy and irritating (remove the HUAWEI device specific launcher and switch it with VTL or Launcher Pro)

4. No multi touch (again, i dont know how to fix this and im not sure if the lack of multi touch is because of the rom or the touchscreen digitizer)

5. There could be something wrong with the camera.apk or some bug in the rom which makes the picture look crystal clear before shooting and a bit off when the shutter is pressed (from a photographers standpoint i think it has some problems with controlling the aperture and the shutter speed)

there's also the wifi bug meaning the wifi disconnects after a certain time or after being under a lot off stress. But i asked how to extract the rom.I'm planing to download miui android 2.3 or even some 4.0 mod(if exists) and mod it with the drivers from this rom. If that doesn't work then i'll just make my own rom

Guest Drekavac

there's also the wifi bug meaning the wifi disconnects after a certain time or after being under a lot off stress. But i asked how to extract the rom.I'm planing to download miui android 2.3 or even some 4.0 mod(if exists) and mod it with the drivers from this rom. If that doesn't work then i'll just make my own rom

i don't have that much experience when it comes to making roms but i'm gonna try and extract the stock rom in about 4 days and send it to you (if i succeed)

the idea about modifying other roms to work with the device is great but i've never tried doing that before so, again, im of little use XD

also i'm still waiting for the unbranded stock rom from huawei but customer support is something they take lightly so im just gonna have to wait...

Guest stefan2

i don't have that much experience when it comes to making roms but i'm gonna try and extract the stock rom in about 4 days and send it to you (if i succeed)

the idea about modifying other roms to work with the device is great but i've never tried doing that before so, again, im of little use XD

also i'm still waiting for the unbranded stock rom from huawei but customer support is something they take lightly so im just gonna have to wait...

I have absolutely zero experience in modding so you're not worse than i am.You can try to extract the stock rom and politely ask someone more experienced to tell us which files are the hardware drivers.Then we download cyanogen or miui for a device with similar specs and replace the drivers

• 2 months later...