1. Rom now is fully internationalized.
For U8220 (Pulse) users: Because of that rom uses more space. It is 106MB in system size. it REQUIRES bigger partition layout. Only TRE 2.1 and CHT8000 2.1 official roms can give such layout - big enough to accommodate the rom. UK roms are no more sufficient. Installation of TRE or CHT8000 roms is prerequisite if gapps are also required.
2. DT Apps2SD are now provided separately. Install via recovery after rom installation if needed.
Let me introduce results of our collective work:
- CyanogenMod 7.2, originally built by dtox125
- Camera work by dr.flo
- Kernel 2.6.32 by pier11
- better Open GL lib by sun lbx (Neocore renders the city)
- fully internationalized rom
In this release:
- Fixed wifi reconnection issue. New wifi driver.
- HQ video smooth playback.
- Camera button can take pictures.
- Reboots into recovery.
- Blur effect configured as in cm6 now.
- Turned off ics-style rotation animation that caused green screens for some.
- Some performance tune ups.
- make backup of your previous installation
- wipe everything in recovery - data/factory_reset, format system partition in mount menu
- Use /system partition of not less than 110MB. For u8220 (Pulse) users: installation of official TRE 2.1 or CHT8000 2.1 roms would help.
- Install rom first, then DT Apps2SD if needed, then gapps, reboot
- ext3/4 is not supported
- mac address is not correct. (SetMacAddress app looks causing problems to wifi driver, don't use it so far).
Mar 1: Updated rom with many improvements discovered after initial release. See "In this release" section for details.
Jan 31: Reboot into recovery fixed. You may install boot image only.
Jan 30: Updated rom:
- Compcache is functional now. ("Settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> Performance -> Compcache RAM Usage")
- Fully internationalized - try language of your choice.
- Rom requires bigger partition layout. For u8220 (Pulse) users: installation of TRE 2.1 or CHT8000 2.1 official roms is prerequisite. UK roms are no more enough.
- DT Apps2SD are provided separately now. Install via recovery after rom installation if needed.
- Fixed native A2SD (Neocore now installs fine to sd card).
- Added overclock to 748 MHz. Default is 528 MHz. Thanks to dtox125 !
- fix for Melfas touchscreen (some u8230 devices have it)
cm7.2_u8220_20120301.zip (kernel: aa9be9811610cfd1257fe3088c1a4ed7ea13fed2)
Dark Tremor Apps2SD
For curious minds:
One can install data2ext_for_CM.zip solution instead of DT Apps2SD. It maps ext partition on sd card as /data. Phone treats it as bigger internal storage after. After installation type in Terminal:
data2ext --enablereboot when asked. Report if you liked it better than DT Apps2SD.
(continued on the second post below)
Edited by pier11, 07 March 2012 - 08:23 PM.