• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

dr.flo

dr.flo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

About kernel .32 being faster than kernel .29 -> are there any means of quantifying this?
Is this really related to the kernel or to the broken libEGL which you have fixed in this thread's rom?

Just wanted to ask this again... seems to have got lost...

people should note that dtox125 build comes with a2sd .

Thanks for pointing this out. Do we really need this pre-installed? Wouldn't a separate update.zip also do the job, like for the gapps?

pier11

pier11

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Pulse U8220

Just installed this rom with all my apps. Works perfects so far, except the Market getting lots of fc's and being sluggish overall. Thank you very much for this rom!

I'm yet to experience Market crash... Never happened so far. (Though I did not install much yet).
Did you install gapps from the first link?
Did you wipe everything clean befor install as suggested in instructions?..
Do you have enough space in system partition (UK 2010 layout or better for u8220 device) ?

pier11

pier11

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Just wanted to ask this again... seems to have got lost...

I don't know how to quantify it... In which units to measure UI responsiveness. cm/sec scrolling :) :)
Try to revert the open GL lib and see if it changes anything...

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Devices:u8230/u8860
hi again apps2sd gui is not working for me ; do i have to make partition on sd card with rom manager and can i create ext 2 or 3 or 4 with it? i would like to free space...thx i can²t move application from internal storage to sd....and i can²t install mobo player codec after installing mobo player thx

Edited by desalesouche, 24 January 2012 - 05:50 PM.

lloco73

lloco73

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (sapo a5)

I found that the drivers for Alcatel One Touch 990 (Alcatel_AndroidManager_2.2.1111.2444.exe) recognizes the phone in windows

http://www.alcatelon...nes/ot-990.html

Just open the executable in a packagemanager and extract "\driver\android\usbdriver"or install the software.

yeah i found it after revert to normal rom. i'm going to reinstall rom to go with some more tests.

Question?
Does anyone have problems on wifi if installs a wifi app manager?

demiur

demiur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8230 CM 7.2 (2.6.32)
dear All!
Please place the backup of a clean install of the firmware. zip is not installed in any way.
I will try to restore your backup.

riartem

riartem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hello!
I download this rom and install it with all instructions.
But when I touch screen, my device is reboot.
This is my dmesg: http://pastebin.com/m3bfVbWA
Dmesg captured with other rom, but i think, it does not hurt to diagnose the problem.
I'm sorry for bad english. I am belarussian.

pier11

pier11

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Hello!
Dmesg captured with other rom, but i think, it does not hurt to diagnose the problem.

could you please also zip it and attach here. Pastebin just had been blocked for me at work...

riartem

riartem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

could you please also zip it and attach here. Pastebin just had been blocked for me at work...

Thank for you respond!!!

Attached Files

rulerofkaos

rulerofkaos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Has anybody tried to connect to a 802.x network with peap encryption? I tried this with the CM 7.2 rom with the .29 kernel and couldn't because the popup where I had to enter the username and password always closed. Is this possible in this rom?

pier11

pier11

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Thank for you respond!!!

Thanks for log. You've got melfas touchscreen. I've just recently compiled in driver for it. And it appear doesn't quite work. I don't have this piece of hardware - unable to test...
<4>[1, swapper] [	1.862036] synaptics-rmi-ts: probe of 0-0020 failed with error -5
<4>[1, swapper] [	2.666534] cpt_ts: probe of 0-000a failed with error -5
<6>[1, swapper] [	3.171451] input: melfas-touchscreen as /devices/virtual/input/input0
<4>[1, swapper] [	3.274739]  <4>cypress-innolux-ts: probe of 0-0025 failed with error -5

I've had similar to yours report already.

Edited by pier11, 24 January 2012 - 07:10 PM.

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Devices:u8230/u8860
hi;- i cannot reboot in recovery...in any way i have blue screenwith id machine etc...cannot create parttion with rom manager my camera doesnt work ...it was better with cm72-u8220-with-camera.zip i have a lot of rebbot...force close with market and camera...

will u try to fix that?

pier11

pier11

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Hello!

Can you also connect via with adb if you can to the device and get dmesg after it boots. But not touching the screen yet.
Want to figure if your melfas at least got probed successfully.

thisweb

thisweb

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Devices:Pulse
  • Twitter:@none
Wow thats incredible work!! Been looking at this site for years ...and I foolishly just gone and bought me a Galaxy S2 for xmas. It will never match the love I had for my pulse. And for the record the pulse has 2 things better than the S2 1) the jog ball (I cannot tell you how much easier it is to edit text with that than having to use fat fingers, I really really miss it) 2) The cover over the USB port. Very few phones have this now but why? get anything stuck in there, damage the pins, and the rest of the phone has to be thrown away, its the most important bit. Will be testing this ROM over the weekend. The pulse is dead. Long live the pulse.!!

Have problem with Windows - reboot...
Have problem with Linux - be root!

Geeks, heres something truly remarkable... http://www.informationisbeautiful.net

agitate

agitate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:xda exec

[snip]
2) The cover over the USB port. Very few phones have this now but why? get anything stuck in there, damage the pins, and the rest of the phone has to be thrown away, its the most important bit.

I hate to be cynical, but the answer is in your question. If you damage the USB port and have to throw away the phone, then you will have to buy a new phone from the very same people who removed the USB port cover. Kerching!

pier11

pier11

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Will be testing this ROM over the weekend. The pulse is dead. Long live the pulse.!!

Pulse is nearly as capable phone as modern budget devices based on msm7227 chip, like Ideos X3 or ZTE Score, ZTE Avail.
We have GPU countrary to cheaper msm7225 devices, higher screen resolution than them.

It's just Qualcomm who decided drop support for our chipset after cupcake. That's why no updates from Huawei. It was as same heroic effort from them to release Eclair on unsupported kernel tree. Now I did the same for froyo kernel tree...

Dante2070

Dante2070

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G6-L11

I'm yet to experience Market crash... Never happened so far. (Though I did not install much yet).
Did you install gapps from the first link?
Did you wipe everything clean befor install as suggested in instructions?..
Do you have enough space in system partition (UK 2010 layout or better for u8220 device) ?

Installed gapps from the link (only market was there, no youtube, no maps - got those later)
Everything was wiped
Yes, I updated from TXG's room, partition space is the same

Market is crashing when installing 4 apps or more at a time.

There also seems to be a problem when using samba (enables access to sdcard via wifi, just have to type //android in windows explorer). My phone restarts after a few minutes if the app is on, which is every time since it activates with wifi.

pier11

pier11

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

There also seems to be a problem when using samba (enables access to sdcard via wifi, just have to type //android in windows explorer). My phone restarts after a few minutes if the app is on, which is every time since it activates with wifi.

Did it work for you before? (samba via wifi)
Samba is not compiled in this build due to space constraint for boot image. Newer kernel is bigger by itself, but our boot partition is very limited - 2.5MB...

And I did not install 4 apps at a time :) 2 max :)

TGX does not change partition layout as any custom rom. Official roms - do.

EDIT:
it also looks to me that the support was not there even in the original huawei .29 kernel:
# CONFIG_SMB_FS is not set
# CONFIG_CIFS is not set
Did you use some custom kernel for that functionality?

Edited by pier11, 24 January 2012 - 10:05 PM.

El Nino9

El Nino9

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
hey guys. excellent work once again. few questions.. are the libs for opengl being copied from CM7 from the htc hero? or were they from another source?
another question is, is it easy to get sensor OV7670 working? (i .e. front cam) as it would allow gtalk video to work on the pulse? i don't understand how the camera.apk works as the orignal eclair rom had option to switch to secondary camera in the menu tab.
i do not know how useful this link maybe to you but i believe this sensor is used in this project and has a 2.6.34 kernel and i believe it is based on an arm architecture.

cheers

pier11

pier11

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

hey guys. excellent work once again. few questions.. are the libs for opengl being copied from CM7 from the htc hero? or were they from another source?
another question is, is it easy to get sensor OV7670 working? (i .e. front cam) as it would allow gtalk video to work on the pulse? i don't understand how the camera.apk works as the orignal eclair rom had option to switch to secondary camera in the menu tab.
i do not know how useful this link maybe to you but i believe this sensor is used in this project and has a 2.6.34 kernel and i believe it is based on an arm architecture.

cheers

Front camera is supported just as well as the main camera.
I'd guess it's a limitation of CM's Camera application as not very many devices feature it. (Or may be advantage of stock Huawei camera software).
Does gTalk work with the front camera in the moment? Can you try other camera apps from market to see if they can work with our front camera?

It is in fact very exciting topic - to have video chat on Pulse. We need to investigate it in full as we have complete low level support for both cameras and very latest gingerbread which supposedly should have ability for video chat.

As for OpenGL - I don't know where sun lbx get it from :) He did not say.

Edited by pier11, 24 January 2012 - 10:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users