Recognition, and credit where it's due.

Guest PedroVader

Guest PedroVader

Hi Guys

I think it's time that our Cyanogen Devs got noticed by Steve Kondik and the team. I've joined up over at CyanogenMod to help get our Skate noticed, and hoping that you'll all help to get Tilal and now Kelzoca some credit over there.

The "unofficial skate thread" is here http://forum.cyanoge...ge-monte-carlo/

If we all have a go, we might get somewhere, I know @D3abl3 is already there.

Cheerswink.gif

Pete

Edited by PedroVader

Guest brookergray

Anyone can become a CM developer there is no need to get recognized by anyone. Anyone is free to submit patches to Gerrit and any device can get included if it can be merged without breaking anything.

There's no need for community action to get someone recognized. If they submit patches to Gerrit they will get noticed.

Guest PedroVader

My main aim is for the device to get some official support, just got a bit high horse about the seemingly uphill struggle getting noticed.

I'm only mentioning the Dev guys to give them some credit, we only have 2 working on CM, and only 3 more on other roms, significantly less than Skates baby bro, the Blade. I know everyone isn't going to upgrade, this phone isn't everyone's cup of tea, but we've got more owners joining everyday.

As far as porting goes, I'm aware of the process, and the Devs have plenty of commits over at github now, it'd be nice to get the stamp of approval and Official CWM and CM7/CM9 support.

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk

Guest timfimjim

My main aim is for the device to get some official support, just got a bit high horse about the seemingly uphill struggle getting noticed.

[...]

As far as porting goes, I'm aware of the process, and the Devs have plenty of commits over at github now, it'd be nice to get the stamp of approval and Official CWM and CM7/CM9 support.

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk

Right behind you on getting official CM for the skate, but is there any point in getting it for CM7? I thought development on it had pretty much stopped now because of CM9.. and the two builds we have of it for the skate are pretty damn good.

I think it's much more worth it if we try get CM9 support. Last time I looked the Blade didn't have it either sad.gif