ClockworkMod developer @Koush adds touch support to recovery

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

ClockworkMod recovery - based on the stock AOSP recovery - has always been, shall we say, 'functional'. It's not pretty, it's rather unwieldy with the button mashing action although it does do what it needs to very well.

Thankfully, Koush is following the lead of other alternative recoveries such as TWRP and implementing touch support, as demonstrated in the video below!

I've given it a try and it works great. It's pretty much the same as the existing recovery, with menus now becoming touch points (and enlarged accordingly). The recovery is currently available in Beta form for the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S via Koush's Google+ stream, with support for other devices to follow.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Guest dialmformostyn

I really like it on my Nexus - the volume keys are a bit close together on it for easy navigation, plus I was forever squeezing the power button while trying to scroll and have accidentally rebooted and started over too many times to count. It's also easier on the eye for sure.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.