2 replies to this topic

windy_miller

windy_miller

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco II
I've been struggling for the last hour to get adb to work with my OSF2. Running "adb devices" would always return an empty list. I am on Windows 7 x64 and I have the ZTE drivers installed.

Anyway I found this little nugget of information in the Skate forum, which may be helpful to other people here... you need to go to My Computer and eject the virtual CD drive that the phone creates when you plug the USB cable in. Once you do that adb will magically start working! Maybe this is commpon knowledge but I've been tearing my hair out for an hour trying to get this to work!

It seems you only need to eject it once. It doesn't seem to appear again the next time I plug it in.

Reider59

Reider59

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
Nice post, its a common problem and may help lots of others. Thanks for posting.

*** Just remember, any ROM change, Kernel change or any other type of change you do is at your own risk. Someone helping you is not responsible for any risks you decide to take. It works for many but their are situations, events and errors outside of the control of a third party that may cause a bricked phone. Think before you start. I took the chance and thankfully it worked for me. Had it not then only I would have been to blame. ***

Jaff3rN

Jaff3rN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade

I've been struggling for the last hour to get adb to work with my OSF2. Running "adb devices" would always return an empty list. I am on Windows 7 x64 and I have the ZTE drivers installed.

Anyway I found this little nugget of information in the Skate forum, which may be helpful to other people here... you need to go to My Computer and eject the virtual CD drive that the phone creates when you plug the USB cable in. Once you do that adb will magically start working! Maybe this is commpon knowledge but I've been tearing my hair out for an hour trying to get this to work!

It seems you only need to eject it once. It doesn't seem to appear again the next time I plug it in.

I had the same problem so i used this guide http://android.modac...flash-recovery/ :)

Press Posted Image If I Helped You :D
Current Rom: Mokee OS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users