OSFII bootloader USB driver

Guest brman

Hi, new here so hopefully you will all be gentle with me ;)

I'm trying to unlock my OSFII and have got stuck fairly early on. I started with the how to here... but the starting up into "FTM" mode doesn't work, I assume because I need a stock recovery flashing first?

So, I went over to the procedure here however at step (installing recovery) it hangs, "waiting for device".

So..... I started messing around with adb...

"adb-windows.exe devices" works, giving "P736V_OUK Device" and

"adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader" reboots the phone to the green android robot.

However at this point I get a error in the device Manager (Other devices->android) "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

So, I tried re-installing the ZTE drivers and get "you have installed a higher version application, the installation will exit". I then tried the standard google USB drivers (installed from the SDK, browsing from update driver software to ...\extras\google\usb_driver) and it says windows could not find the driver.

So now I am stuck, any ideas?

Windows 7, 64bit btw.

Hi, new here so hopefully you will all be gentle with me ;)

I'm trying to unlock my OSFII and have got stuck fairly early on. I started with the how to here... but the starting up into "FTM" mode doesn't work, I assume because I need a stock recovery flashing first?

So, I went over to the procedure here however at step (installing recovery) it hangs, "waiting for device".

So..... I started messing around with adb...

"adb-windows.exe devices" works, giving "P736V_OUK Device" and

"adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader" reboots the phone to the green android robot.

However at this point I get a error in the device Manager (Other devices->android) "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

So, I tried re-installing the ZTE drivers and get "you have installed a higher version application, the installation will exit". I then tried the standard google USB drivers (installed from the SDK, browsing from update driver software to ...\extras\google\usb_driver) and it says windows could not find the driver.

So now I am stuck, any ideas?

Windows 7, 64bit btw.

ok. 1 step forward but still stuck. I updated the USB driver by using "let me pick from a list" and selected google->Handset ADB interface". Then I was able to do a "fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery.img" and "fastboot-windows.exe reboot", go into FTM mode and backup using QPST.

However when I get to running "download.exe" the start button is greyed out. I have a "ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface(DFU) (COM5)" port and QPST can still find the device......

ok. 1 step forward but still stuck. I updated the USB driver by using "let me pick from a list" and selected google->Handset ADB interface". Then I was able to do a "fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery.img" and "fastboot-windows.exe reboot", go into FTM mode and backup using QPST.

However when I get to running "download.exe" the start button is greyed out. I have a "ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface(DFU) (COM5)" port and QPST can still find the device......

hmmm... ok. A PC reboot got an active start button. So did that. "Download successful" it said but now the phone only boots to the "CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5" and none of the options there appear to do anything....

Help :(

EDIT: Oops, I hadn't realised the recovery keys had changed. Recovery options do work but I needed to install the upgrade before it would boot up.

So the published upgrade instructions weren't quite right for me but I got there in the end!

Edited by brman