Advent Vega. Broken outer glass.

Guest mckozak01

Guest mckozak01

Hello, gentlemen. Yesterday my Vega fell down from the shelf, and the screen shattered. I still can hardly believe it has happened. Of cause I started looking for solution on-line and soon was convinced that there was hardly any way to fix it. On the other hand I reed quite a few messages where people describe various damages of their device, which do not affect the screen. And, as I see, it is very unlikely that i`ll be able to recover mine, I`ve decided to post this message in case someone needs Vega for spares or anything else. Before the fall it was in nearly pristine condition, and even after, nevertheless what happened, the screen was still responding rightly, but now some dead zones have appeared. Thus, if anybody is interested in my poor Advent Vega do not hesitate to contact me via PM or directly email me on [email protected].

PS: I live in London.

Guest IanTurner

According to a post at the end of this thread a replacement glass might be available. On the other hand no evidence of anyone trying it so maybe buying a playbook cheap from dixons/carphone warehouse might be the better solution

• 2 months later...
Guest everett_psycho

Sorry to drag up an old point but has anyone whose smashed their glass but the Vega still functions fine had any luck claiming on their whatever happens cover? I ask as my Vega works fine with the cracked glass and the policy small print says it doesn't cover cosmetic damage that doesn't effect function. I wont bother restoring it to stock and sending it off if they've rejected claims as its only costmetic, I'd rather just make do with the crack

Guest richardmlea

If if the problem somehow got worse, say it got accidently dropped again and the screen stopped working completly or the fall was to cause a cable inside to come loose (say the touchscreen connector) you could then make a claim. But I am sure you are too careful to drop it for a second time. ;)

Guest everett_psycho

Haha, it was my girlfriend the first time, I say dropped it was more slipped out the end of their stupid case that doesn't gold it in. Got to love curry's though, I didn't take the cover but just got the one year on are you sure you dont want it letter, maybe I do afterall, you never know what might happen ;)

Edited by everett_psycho