Build from AOSP, anyone help me?

Guest syst3m68

You can start here: http://source.android.com/source/index.html

Getting the environment ready and build the AOSP generic release of any Android version is the easiest part.The hard one is to

prepare the build environment for real device such as ZTE Skate since you need the device specific files and prepare a bunch of Makefiles

and some kind of a "build tree" that will be included in build process.

There is also alternative to build the release for generic device and after that replace all the device specific files you take from the generic skate stock rom.

But it is not 100% clear that it will actually work this way.

Guest syst3m68

You can start here: http://source.androi...urce/index.html

Getting the environment ready and build the AOSP generic release of any Android version is the easiest part.The hard one is to

prepare the build environment for real device such as ZTE Skate since you need the device specific files and prepare a bunch of Makefiles

and some kind of a "build tree" that will be included in build process.

There is also alternative to build the release for generic device and after that replace all the device specific files you take from the generic skate stock rom.

But it is not 100% clear that it will actually work this way.

Yeah i have all the source and have set up my enviroment the hardest part is getting the device specifics and certainly the Makefiles, it'd be so much better if Skate got CM support so i could possibly leech from git :P

I might give the alternative a try, but it's not as good as it could be i suppose. I'll keep trying :)

Thanks for the help C3CO :)

Also, how would creating custom ROMs go about? I feel like such a noob and would LOVE to contribute something to the community and i think i'd just like to do it to see if i can :)

Thanks again

Edited by syst3m68