How to get back to s-on htc sentation

Guest fra74

Hi! Why do you want to restore à S-On HBOOT ?

T'es français ?

because before i root my divaise i woud like to know if is possile to go back to s-on!!!

onece root, is it always possible to do update from divase ?

thanks

I'm Italian

Edited by fra74

It's possible to go back to S-ON but it seems to be something hard, with risks to brick your device ...

Once your device is rooted you can not update it OTA you have to flash the lastest yourself, it's easy to do don't worry ;)

It's possible to go back to S-ON but it seems to be something hard, with risks to brick your device ...

Once your device is rooted you can not update it OTA you have to flash the lastest yourself, it's easy to do don't worry ;)

thanks i will wait the next update ics from htc before root my divice

Can you tell me wher i can find tuto or just can you explain it.

Thanks a lot

In order to get S-ON without bricking your phone you need to use HTC hboot version ONLY!! ENGINEERING HBOOT WILL NOT WORK! . I would flash a version that has boot loader 1.18.x or 1.19 (if you want to s-off ever again)

then once you have installed the stock HTC RUU you can then use fastboot

fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

Reboot and you should be S-ON again.

Edited by yousuc

• 2 weeks later...
Guest seadersn

nope, and in every case: don't use this method ;) it is doing only partially s-off, e.g. fastboot flash commands don't work as with revolutionary method. plus your phone gets registered as "modified" at htc, which means they can void guarantee.