RAM

Guest alexmod

Guest Racerboy

Is it possible to move more into say /system??? Or create swap on internal mem

not sure on that, i think it would mean tpt-ing a custom sized partition for that to happen and probably end up bricking your phone in the process, or you`d get more problems with resizing other partitions on the phone, i think gen2 versions of racer have slighly bigger partition sizes....but i`m not sure on that (i have gen1 racer)

Guest alexmod

I'm thinking about a ext3 on SD or using SD as physical ram. But for now I'm trying to resize partitions on internal memory. I have two racers so one I use for testing and development. I am working on a custom tpt that I will hopefully be able to upload within next week or so. I know its possible to get 512mb its just going to take a bit of digging to be successful

Guest alexmod

/dev/block/mtdblock5 220.0M /system

/dev/block/mtdblock6 162.5M /data

/dev/block/mtdblock4 37.5M /cache

Current configuration. I had a idea that I could possibly use a SD to mount as fs and change all pid to point to SD ext3. Basically running most or all os artifacts from SD. Therefore allowing a repartition of /data to /system therefore creating 380mb+ of available ram

Guest equiliym

do have in mind that people might have a lower class sd card.. i myself have class4 sd and without sdcardspeedfix tweak, reading speed is really lame.. not to mention write speed.. i dont think people would use your tpt layout if they have to install rom on sd card.. plus one should do deving on rom if im not mistaking for it to work from sdcard and not to mount the whole system to /system etc

also i think cm7 doesnt use cache partition that much but not sure about that, tigtex noted something that i read about it but never really payed much attention :(