Vega won't boot in nvflash mode

Guest Sergioflav84

Guest Sergioflav84

Yesterday i tried to upgrade my Vega but it won't boot in nvflash mode.

I followed the procedure (2 seconds back button, 2 seconds back+power and then 2 seconds back button again), but at the end of it i can see the backlight only for a few seconds and my PC can't recognize the tablet.

Any idea??

Yesterday i tried to upgrade my Vega but it won't boot in nvflash mode.

I followed the procedure (2 seconds back button, 2 seconds back+power and then 2 seconds back button again), but at the end of it i can see the backlight only for a few seconds and my PC can't recognize the tablet.

Any idea??

If the back light came on then the chances are that you got the timing wrong - just keep trying the process, it can take a few tries to get the timing right.

Guest Sergioflav84

If the back light came on then the chances are that you got the timing wrong - just keep trying the process, it can take a few tries to get the timing right.

I tried many times, but it won't boot....

Guest HypoTurtle

I tried many times, but it won't boot....

When you force it switch off (hold power for 10ish seconds), disconnect the usb first. There seems to be that if the tablet boots to the point where the backlight turns on there is a link formed between the tablet and pc (probably something adb related) that means when you try to force the tablet off and try to boot into nvflash the tablet doesn't give you the opportunity and tries to boot the system (I've had backlight come on after holding power for less than a second.

This is just conjecture and just from personal experience. I've tried getting into nvflash and couldn't until I just disconnected and reconnected the usb, when it worked first time.

Guest Sergioflav84

When you force it switch off (hold power for 10ish seconds), disconnect the usb first. There seems to be that if the tablet boots to the point where the backlight turns on there is a link formed between the tablet and pc (probably something adb related) that means when you try to force the tablet off and try to boot into nvflash the tablet doesn't give you the opportunity and tries to boot the system (I've had backlight come on after holding power for less than a second.

This is just conjecture and just from personal experience. I've tried getting into nvflash and couldn't until I just disconnected and reconnected the usb, when it worked first time.

I tried to completely power off the tablet and then tried to boot in NvFlash but didn't worked....

Guest Nicky J

also, make sure you've got the vega plugged into the mains charger.

and/or try another usb port - mine didnt like the front ports on my old pc, but the ones round the back worked fine for some reason...

Guest Sergioflav84

also, make sure you've got the vega plugged into the mains charger.

and/or try another usb port - mine didnt like the front ports on my old pc, but the ones round the back worked fine for some reason...

I tried 3 different ports but didn't worked. I'll try to boot in nvflash with the main charger plugged in and i let you know...thanks!

Guest Sergioflav84

I tried 3 different ports but didn't worked. I'll try to boot in nvflash with the main charger plugged in and i let you know...thanks!

Worked with main charger plugged in! Thanks a lot!