Viber from Speakers

Guest secretman_z

Guest secretman_z

Hello ,

I got an orange San Fransico with stock rom , the thing is when i make calls on VIBER ,the sound is always from the speaker , i tried the FM Radio in and out but still from the speakers and it really loud , Any ideas how to make run from the normal phone speaker ?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Viber

Hi,

This is a member of the Viber Development Team! :)

Orange San Fransico is an untested device. Therefore, we unfortunately will not be able to completely resolve this issues for you.

If you are having some technical glitches, it may be helpful if you try to uninstall/reinstall the application.

We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices.

Please stay tuned for future updates!

If you have any question about Viber - please feel free to ask.

Thank you,

Viber Team.

Guest agpoli

Hi Viber!

Do you have plans to get a ZTE Blade/San Francisco to test it?

The same error as above appeared on Skype too. Hint: audio routing

Guest fox2000

Hi,

This is a member of the Viber Development Team! :)

Orange San Fransico is an untested device. Therefore, we unfortunately will not be able to completely resolve this issues for you.

If you are having some technical glitches, it may be helpful if you try to uninstall/reinstall the application.

We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices.

Please stay tuned for future updates!

If you have any question about Viber - please feel free to ask.

Thank you,

Viber Team.

We found a workaround for the problem: if we run a particular app BEFORE running Viber or Skype, the problem seems to disappear as the audio gets routed correctly. The app I'm speaking about is andorko's FM radio app v0.6 and you can find it here. By simply running this app, the problem gets fixed until you reboot the phone; then you'll have to re-run it again, and so on.

This suggests that the problem is fixable via software: if you could just catch what this radio app actually does to the audio routing, and implement it in Viber, you'll make possible to all ZTE Blade owners to install and run Viber properly, like other people do on their supported phones.

Hope you'll help us!

Guest secretman_z

Apparently Viber people are not interested in these kind of phones, if it was a bloody iphone , they would have fixed it already . or maybe they dont have 80 quid to buy a San Francisco and test it !!!!

Thanks alot guys for replying . @ FOX2000 i will try this app and get back to you .

Cheers

Guest secretman_z

Apparently Viber people are not interested in these kind of phones, if it was a bloody iphone , they would have fixed it already . or maybe they dont have 80 quid to buy a San Francisco and test it !!!!

Thanks alot guys for replying . @ FOX2000 i will try this app and get back to you .

Cheers

Guest Viber

As a company, we naturally have limited resources. We wish we could develop full compatibility for all devices out there, but unfortunately we can't.

We're looking at the global market shares of Android devices, and ZTE Blade (San Francisco) is still - for now - not one of the most popular devices out there (even though we acknowledge that it is not a "bad" device, etc.)

We didn't say we would neglect it, we just said it might take some time before we attend to test it fully. In the meanwhile, if indeed you know so many Viber users who are longing for full compatibility, you may gather them and jointly open many tickets to our support team. The more tickets, the bigger chances that we will prioritize this task :)

Here's the link to our support team: http://support.viber.com

Guest fox2000

As a company, we naturally have limited resources. We wish we could develop full compatibility for all devices out there, but unfortunately we can't.

We're looking at the global market shares of Android devices, and ZTE Blade (San Francisco) is still - for now - not one of the most popular devices out there (even though we acknowledge that it is not a "bad" device, etc.)

We didn't say we would neglect it, we just said it might take some time before we attend to test it fully. In the meanwhile, if indeed you know so many Viber users who are longing for full compatibility, you may gather them and jointly open many tickets to our support team. The more tickets, the bigger chances that we will prioritize this task :)

Here's the link to our support team: http://support.viber.com

So no reply to my hint...

thank you for your consideration.

Guest agpoli

*snip*

*snip*

Dear sir/madam!

Let me link you an article about the ZTE Blade from 2011 (october): Link

If you don't want to read it, it's ok, the most important thing in this case is this:

"To date, more than 5 million ZTE Blade phones have been sold worldwide."

With a bit af googleing I could find more and more. You can try to search about it yourself. For example:

"Android outselling iPhone by two to one in the UK"

Of course there is a chance that CNET UK is lieing and Viber is right. Right?

So please, don't feed us with false information, that the ZTE Blade is not one of the most popular devices. All of us here know the truth about ZTE Blade. With this in mind, could you share with us where did you get that information about global market shares of Android devices? It would be interesting to see.

Guest sheennick

Dear sir/madam!

Let me link you an article about the ZTE Blade from 2011 (october): Link

If you don't want to read it, it's ok, the most important thing in this case is this:

"To date, more than 5 million ZTE Blade phones have been sold worldwide."

With a bit af googleing I could find more and more. You can try to search about it yourself. For example:

"Android outselling iPhone by two to one in the UK"

Of course there is a chance that CNET UK is lieing and Viber is right. Right?

So please, don't feed us with false information, that the ZTE Blade is not one of the most popular devices. All of us here know the truth about ZTE Blade. With this in mind, could you share with us where did you get that information about global market shares of Android devices? It would be interesting to see.

Guys we need to appreciate the fact that at least viber support staff is trying to communicate with us....

and they wish to solve the issue so lets help them solve the issue rather than blaming them........

coming back on topic i was on CM7 and viber worked perfectly as it should.....

Guest agpoli

Guys we need to appreciate the fact that at least viber support staff is trying to communicate with us....

and they wish to solve the issue so lets help them solve the issue rather than blaming them........

coming back on topic i was on CM7 and viber worked perfectly as it should.....

Sorry, I didn't wanted to be rude or anything like that.

Anyway, don't you think that if he/she is really a member of the Viber Development Team, he/she would like to se a logcat (for example) when running Viber? Many of us would be glad to help a developer here.

Those post are sounded like (at least for me) too formal, which are being made by people from the marketing division. I could be wrong of course, I'm a human and can make mistakes.

Guest brookergray

@agpoli

You're quoting articles with different (and often conflicting) data sources. He can look at their dashboard and see device data. Which do you think is more relevant?

BTW: sales in period of time! = Market share != monetizable market share.

Don't compare apples to monkeys.

Also why would he ask for a logcat here? (especially since you would need several) too He is possibly a pr/support person not a developer. Are you just wining here, or did you open a ticket yet as he asked?

Even if they would be willing to buy a blade, the problem would still be manpower not the 80£. They don't have time to fix every phone, especially if it's not popular in their target market.

Guest agpoli

@agpoli

You're quoting articles with different (and often conflicting) data sources. He can look at their dashboard and see device data. Which do you think is more relevant?

BTW: sales in period of time! = Market share != monetizable market share.

Don't compare apples to monkeys.

When he looks at their dashboard, they see that ZTE Blade is almost non-existent. Why? Because Viber works, but in a wrong way (sound cames out from the speaker) so you have no other chance but uninstall it from your phone.

ZTE is now the 4th biggest smartphone maker, they mostly achieved this with the sales of the ZTE Blade. But you're now saying that 5 million Blades out there won't worth the support. Congratulations! Tell the devs here to move over to another more popular phone. Great idea isn't it? rolleyes.gif

Also why would he ask for a logcat here? (especially since you would need several) too He is possibly a pr/support person not a developer.

Why not? It would be a good start to fix Viber for ZTE Blade. If you have a better idea please tell us.

Are you just wining here, or did you open a ticket yet as he asked?

I did that ages ago. Did it with Skype too. Got the same answer as in post #2.

Even if they would be willing to buy a blade, the problem would still be manpower not the 80£. They don't have time to fix every phone, especially if it's not popular in their target market.

In that case they have to drow a line and say: Sorry guys, but ZTE Blade won't get our support because of limited resources.

Guest Viber

OK, my responses to your above posts:

1. First and foremost - we have real representatives of our development team here on MoDaCo (like me, for example). If you think this is an automated message (for some reason) - I invite you to visit other, very technical forums and see our representation there as well - like XDA, Android.com, etc.

Moreover - we believe that we are one of the only app developing companies in the world today (if not the only one) who actually proactively searches for forums and users discussing Viber and offers support, and cares enough to hear the users and make changes to the app accordingly.

2. Information about ZTE Blade that's published could be biased in order to achieve certain goals. Let's assume that's not even the case in the article you linked to - we can tell you for sure that in both Market's statistics and our own statistics, the percentage of ZTE Blade users who downloaded and installed Viber is tiny, compared to other devices. As a company, we cannot ignore those stats, and we must prioritize our limited resources by the commonness based on statistics.

3. Let's try to be constructive here. Here is a link to a form dedicated to forum users who are having technical issues: SMRT ticket

Please report your problem so we have the information logged and our lab team can test it hopefully soon. Again - we can't promise it would be solved immediately (nor are problems with Galaxy S, for that matter) - but we will do our best, as explained above.

Regards,

the Viber Team.

Guest agpoli

1. I was certain about that you're not a bot. Sorry if I sounded rude in my posts above, that wasn't my goal.

2. Ok, thanks for clearing that.

3. Submitted, got the automated reply too.

Guest fox2000

OK, my responses to your above posts:

[snip]

Regards,

the Viber Team.

I opened a ticket, quoting both the workaround with andorko's FM radio and the fix in CyanogenMOD 7

Ticket ID is #SNP-869-39532

Guest Davidoff59

Whats with the attempt to chase people away from this forum?

Zte Sean_Jacko, gone

Wbaw, gone

Now Viber gets an earfull because they have the audacity to come here offering assistance.

Really guys, if you are going to bite the hand that feeds you, then you better start learning to hunt.

Thanks for filling us in Viber. Please dont let the comments of a few spoil it for the many of us here at Modaco who actually appreciate something that is given for free.

Guest snowbord

wbaw point blank insulted members of this forum, told the mod to lock the GSF thread then said he could do nothing to reactivate the thread and that somehow it was somebody else's fault for it being locked.

Great developer, a bit of a temperamental and brash personality.

As for Viber - I have installed it on a few blades, a number of times, then uninstalled it due to the audio routing. Yes the blade does not come up in the stats as it does not function correctly on the blade.

The blade ::IS:: a very popular device which sold by the bucketload. Click here; http://shop.orange.co.uk/ and observe what the top selling phones are.  That's right - the San Fran 2 is #3 and that has nowhere near the community of the San Fran 1 (ZTE Blade) which has sold in vast quantities, WORLDWIDE.

Proof:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZTE_Blade

Edited by snowbord

Guest Viber

@agpoli and @ fox2000

Thank you for opening the ticket. The responses you got merely mean that this issue is known and we are aware that it needs fixing. I will personally go to our lab team and give them the story of this thread. Again - I can't guarantee speeding up the development process (since we're a company with a policy which we can't bypass) - but I'll do my best.

I would appreciate if you let me know here on the thread if there are any updates concerning this in future versions.

Edited by Viber

Guest AlphaVision

I had the same issue with CM7. Viber seems to work well with CM9. I think it worked fine the last few days when I had CM7, but I can't tell that with 100% certain.

Guest agpoli

@agpoli and @ fox2000

Thank you for opening the ticket. The responses you got merely mean that this issue is known and we are aware that it needs fixing. I will personally go to our lab team and give them the story of this thread. Again - I can't guarantee speeding up the development process (since we're a company with a policy which we can't bypass) - but I'll do my best.

I would appreciate if you let me know here on the thread if there are any updates concerning this in future versions.

Will do that, thanks for helping us!

Guest secretman_z

Hey guys ,

Thanks all for replying , @Fox2000 that app ACTUALLY WORKED :))) thanks alot biggrin.gif

@Viber :

I think that the Fact the you guys are here and trying to solve problems is really professional and i like that .

I know many people are abit angry here because we all wanna use VIBER on our devices and that means that its a good program , so please take everything in consideration and lets just hope that every body can use it easily with no troubles .

Cheers