• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

danmanbad

danmanbad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:nlp, pua (ross jeffries, the mystry methard) google it ;)
  • Devices:zte blade, s3 lte
i just wanted to say that on your second point about download data what you need to take in to concideration is that on a lot of the custom roms what the market thinks the phone is and what the phone is are 2 very diffrent things cuz if i remember most of the roms make the market think its a htc if i remember correctly and the zte blade has a massive following on custom roms so most of the data collected would be untrue and inacurate im not digging at anyone im just saying

its a good app its a shame it dont work properly on our blades

OK, my responses to your above posts:

1. First and foremost - we have real representatives of our development team here on MoDaCo (like me, for example). If you think this is an automated message (for some reason) - I invite you to visit other, very technical forums and see our representation there as well - like XDA, Android.com, etc.
Moreover - we believe that we are one of the only app developing companies in the world today (if not the only one) who actually proactively searches for forums and users discussing Viber and offers support, and cares enough to hear the users and make changes to the app accordingly.

2. Information about ZTE Blade that's published could be biased in order to achieve certain goals. Let's assume that's not even the case in the article you linked to - we can tell you for sure that in both Market's statistics and our own statistics, the percentage of ZTE Blade users who downloaded and installed Viber is tiny, compared to other devices. As a company, we cannot ignore those stats, and we must prioritize our limited resources by the commonness based on statistics.

3. Let's try to be constructive here. Here is a link to a form dedicated to forum users who are having technical issues: SMRT ticket
Please report your problem so we have the information logged and our lab team can test it hopefully soon. Again - we can't promise it would be solved immediately (nor are problems with Galaxy S, for that matter) - but we will do our best, as explained above.

Regards,
the Viber Team.

Be happy Be good

brookergray

brookergray

Diehard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

i just wanted to say that on your second point about download data what you need to take in to concideration is that on a lot of the custom roms what the market thinks the phone is and what the phone is are 2 very diffrent things cuz if i remember most of the roms make the market think its a htc if i remember correctly and the zte blade has a massive following on custom roms so most of the data collected would be untrue and inacurate im not digging at anyone im just saying

its a good app its a shame it dont work properly on our blades

Most people don't know about costum roms. You'd need to ask Paul about viewers but I'd say no more than 100K use them. And not all roms alter the device name. I certainly haven't used one that does.

tlaci

tlaci

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Viber Developers, check it please: https://jira.skype.com/browse/JSA-81
Sykpe has similar problem and there is a fix for that. Probably you can easily implement the solution.

mohammadhelmy

mohammadhelmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Can't believe Viber's replies Vs. Dev's replies...
It seems that the Viber technical team is a team of Unprofessional users :S

vu2pmc

vu2pmc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

I am using zte blade gen2 with a CM 7.2 custom rom. I do have the problem of audio coming through the speaker. In the first page, the fix ( a apk for FM radio) could not be installed on my phone. Any help in this regard would be appreciated even if it is not instant.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users