12 replies to this topic

jlgmax

jlgmax

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Devices:Tmobile Pulse
I just got my Skate the other day and im running Atomic 8 overclocked to 998mhz and it is performing quite well.

Ive downloaded Rockplayer but my old mp4 720p videos which I recorded using my previous Sony handset wont play (I get audio and a static frame which changes to a new frame every few seconds). I also cant play the mp4 720p videos Ive saved off youtube either. Is this just a resolution thing which the Skate isnt capable of handling or is there a better player to try ?

Im also assuming that if it struggles with mp4 then .mkv is out of the question ?!

Thanks.

Ipecac9

Ipecac9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Sound engineering
  • Devices:Galaxy S II, Nexus 7, Skate
I use MX Video Player and I have nothing to complain about! Posted Image Handles most codecs.

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate
MX Video Player should play just about anything, I remember Rockplayer being definitely more sluggish. In MX you don't have advertisements or a watermark in the video (if you're using the free version).

I put a 720p MPEG4 mkv on my Skate, and MX plays it, but it looks like a slideshow. I don't OC my phone as much as you do, but i don't think an extra 150 MHz will make it run so much faster that you could watch it.

If you really want to play those 720p-files, I'd convert them using Handbrake or whatever video converter you like, to 480p h.264 mp4's. That would save you battery life and space on your SD-card because your videos would shrink to almost half the size (just a guess).

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X

MX Video Player should play just about anything, I remember Rockplayer being definitely more sluggish. In MX you don't have advertisements or a watermark in the video (if you're using the free version).

I put a 720p MPEG4 mkv on my Skate, and MX plays it, but it looks like a slideshow. I don't OC my phone as much as you do, but i don't think an extra 150 MHz will make it run so much faster that you could watch it.

If you really want to play those 720p-files, I'd convert them using Handbrake or whatever video converter you like, to 480p h.264 mp4's. That would save you battery life and space on your SD-card because your videos would shrink to almost half the size (just a guess).

There's no point in 720p videos on the the skate or most phones at that... the screen is only 480p so it won't make a differance past that, anyway its just a bigger picture the higher the resalution gets so I don't think it would make any differance on a small screen Like phones have

pinglis

pinglis

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Devices:skate tahiti
Mobo Player seems o handle everything i throw at it

Nebbo

Nebbo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate and Blade

Mobo Player seems o handle everything i throw at it

I agree, moboplayer rocks my world :)

jtharmor

jtharmor

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Stake
Most of players are not playing flv files properly......do i have to overclock ? I tried Mobo, BS , MX playersPosted Image

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate

There's no point in 720p videos on the the skate or most phones at that... the screen is only 480p so it won't make a differance past that, anyway its just a bigger picture the higher the resalution gets so I don't think it would make any differance on a small screen Like phones have

Yeah I recode my videos to even smaller than 480p, only have an sd-card of 8gb, so no infinite space.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X

Most of players are not playing flv files properly......do i have to overclock ? I tried Mobo, BS , MX playersPosted Image

when i had the skate i found yx player done flv better than anything...

jtharmor

jtharmor

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Stake
k will give it a go !! BS Player worked fine with ICE Skater not with others......

when i had the skate i found yx player done flv better than anything...

sakiboj

sakiboj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
I am having some lag while playing video mp4, flv on cm-7.2.0-STABLE-skate-20121031. I tried mx player and mobo player and its same. How to fix it?

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Flashing ROMs, Being distracted by my skate
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
On MX, make sure you are using the H/W decoder.

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Nokia C6-00 CFW)

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

Various other Nokia phones.

Not the best history of phones Posted Image

oscar-mark

oscar-mark

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Devices:Sony Xperia Arc S
Atleast .mp4 should work flawless in MX Player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users