Best Video Player for Skate ?

Guest jlgmax

I just got my Skate the other day and im running Atomic 8 overclocked to 998mhz and it is performing quite well.

Ive downloaded Rockplayer but my old mp4 720p videos which I recorded using my previous Sony handset wont play (I get audio and a static frame which changes to a new frame every few seconds). I also cant play the mp4 720p videos Ive saved off youtube either. Is this just a resolution thing which the Skate isnt capable of handling or is there a better player to try ?

Im also assuming that if it struggles with mp4 then .mkv is out of the question ?!

Thanks.

Guest Redstarr1

MX Video Player should play just about anything, I remember Rockplayer being definitely more sluggish. In MX you don't have advertisements or a watermark in the video (if you're using the free version).

I put a 720p MPEG4 mkv on my Skate, and MX plays it, but it looks like a slideshow. I don't OC my phone as much as you do, but i don't think an extra 150 MHz will make it run so much faster that you could watch it.

If you really want to play those 720p-files, I'd convert them using Handbrake or whatever video converter you like, to 480p h.264 mp4's. That would save you battery life and space on your SD-card because your videos would shrink to almost half the size (just a guess).

Guest tillaz

MX Video Player should play just about anything, I remember Rockplayer being definitely more sluggish. In MX you don't have advertisements or a watermark in the video (if you're using the free version).

I put a 720p MPEG4 mkv on my Skate, and MX plays it, but it looks like a slideshow. I don't OC my phone as much as you do, but i don't think an extra 150 MHz will make it run so much faster that you could watch it.

If you really want to play those 720p-files, I'd convert them using Handbrake or whatever video converter you like, to 480p h.264 mp4's. That would save you battery life and space on your SD-card because your videos would shrink to almost half the size (just a guess).

There's no point in 720p videos on the the skate or most phones at that... the screen is only 480p so it won't make a differance past that, anyway its just a bigger picture the higher the resalution gets so I don't think it would make any differance on a small screen Like phones have

Guest Redstarr1

There's no point in 720p videos on the the skate or most phones at that... the screen is only 480p so it won't make a differance past that, anyway its just a bigger picture the higher the resalution gets so I don't think it would make any differance on a small screen Like phones have

Yeah I recode my videos to even smaller than 480p, only have an sd-card of 8gb, so no infinite space.

Guest tillaz

Most of players are not playing flv files properly......do i have to overclock ? I tried Mobo, BS , MX playersblink.gif

when i had the skate i found yx player done flv better than anything...

Guest JThumar

k will give it a go !! BS Player worked fine with ICE Skater not with others......

when i had the skate i found yx player done flv better than anything...

• 8 months later...