[KERNEL] Overclock kernel

Guest Fuzzra

Guest Fuzzra

Pretty much what the topic title says. An installable zip to add sparkle* to your Gingerbread ROM.

DO NOT install this and go straight at setting the highest speed shown. That would almost certainly do dreadful things and make your mother wonder where she went wrong in raising you. :P

I've personally found 902MHz to be a pretty good top setting, but you may have more or less luck than me. Feel free to fiddle with speeds until you get it right for your hardware, but do it gently.

Vivacity

MediaFire: vivacity-oc-kernel-070312.zip

RapidShare: vivacity-oc-kernel-070312.zip

MD5: fbbe2d40eff5e70105cce2e7b57c6c1f

SFII

MediaFire: sfii-oc-kernel-060312.zip

RapidShare: sfii-oc-kernel-060312.zip

MD5: b250e3343cca1e08626b0490af66e936

In case of an upside down front camera (likely if you use a ROM based on P771FV1.0.0B05 such as F'N'C3,) use this instead:

MediaFire: sfii-oc-kernel-060312-flip.zip

RapidShare: sfii-oc-kernel-060312-flip.zip

MD5: 13d3c15c7008c01b23b0f8204b3ebb10

* OK, no sparkle. It does add overclocking though.

Edited by Fuzzra

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Cool, It's slightly better than the one already posted elsewhere here in that both cameras work but the forward facing camera is upside down :)

Thanks tho dude, Me likey!!

Guest Fuzzra

Really? You definitely flashed sfii-oc-kernel-060312.zip?

I ask because until I made a small change this afternoon the front camera was upside down with the 2 phones I tested. Could you run it through again, and if it's still like that I'll have a little think.

Guest surfungus

Fuzzra, you Sir are a star!

Very very cool!

Thank you very much, great work.

Any idea what we're safe(ish) to go upto?

Cheers Surf

Guest raverrr

Thanks dude :). Just out of interest can you tell me where the code is added so I can have a gander? Its just one of those things I never played with and curiosity is the reason I started to play with Android.

Guest Fuzzra

Just noticed the camera, standard is upside down but lg camera app is fine, bye bye standard camera!

That's *really odd. The changes I made to the camera source today were only in the registers for the 7690 camera on the front. The main camera is unchanged. Which ROM are you using? I've tested it against 2, but I can install the same as you to see if I can replicate the problem.

Guest surfungus

That's *really odd. The changes I made to the camera source today were only in the registers for the 7690 camera on the front. The main camera is unchanged. Which ROM are you using? I've tested it against 2, but I can install the same as you to see if I can replicate the problem.

Sorry dude, yeah the front camera (the one looking at me yeah?) is the upside down one.

Not sure if something went wrong when i restored my titanium after installing F&C rls3.

Still a bit new at all this lol

Cheers surf

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Yeah, I flashed it again and the front facing camera is upside down but only if you hold the phone in portrait mode, in landscape mode the image is correct, weird.

Just bought the LG Camera App Pro so I'll see how that goes :)

EDIT: Works fine as surfungus said, looks like a nice app

Here's the link if you want to get it :

https://play.google.....lgCamera&hl=en

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Fuzzra

Looks like something is changed between different base ROMs. I just tested against Fish'N'Chips RLS3 and had the same issue. Quick fix now I know what to change though - I've added a flipped version to the first post which will do you fine.

Guest Fuzzra

Thanks dude :). Just out of interest can you tell me where the code is added so I can have a gander? Its just one of those things I never played with and curiosity is the reason I started to play with Android.

In the kernel source tree under drivers/media/video/msm

The file holding the built in settings for the front camera is ovm7690_reg_fpc.c and is a little dry to say the least. The relevant chunk of code for the vertical flip is up toward the top.

{0x0c, 0x96, BYTE_LEN, 0},

{0x0c, 0xd6, BYTE_LEN, 0},

{0x0c, 0x46, BYTE_LEN, 0},

{0x0c, 0x06, BYTE_LEN, 0},

To flip the image I swapped lines 1 and 2, and lines 3 and 4.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Looks like something is changed between different base ROMs. I just tested against Fish'N'Chips RLS3 and had the same issue. Quick fix now I know what to change though - I've added a flipped version to the first post which will do you fine.

LOL, It's flipped my LG Camera now, think I'll stick with the "broke" version :)

Guest Reider59

Nice going, I installed the OC. Installed the LGPro (purchased version) and used the unflipped version to keep the LGCam the right way up or wrongside down. ;-)

EDIT: Thanks to Psycho for details on the LG Cam App....

Edited by Reider59

Guest Fuzzra

The difficulty there is not so much producing one as doing it with the soft keys working properly. I can't test that here, but I did have a bit of a fiddle. If you're feeling brave you can give it a whirl: vivacitytest.zip

Guest fr0do

Works great Fuzzra. Camera is fine front and back. Currently clocked to 925mhz running fast and cold.

All the capacitive buttons are working as expected. Lights are on in low-ish light... seems more sensitive than previously (not a bad thing - good in fact! :)) but hard to tell.

Edited by fr0do

Guest leemo92

Hi everyone, i'm new to this, i've flashed the kernel via cwm recovery successfully ( i think ) but i just cant seem to find where you change the cpu speed. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Much appreciated. BTW Using Fish'N'Chips RLS3. 

Edited by leemo92