[KERNEL] Overclock kernel

Guest Fuzzra

Guest Russ_uk

The difficulty there is not so much producing one as doing it with the soft keys working properly. I can't test that here, but I did have a bit of a fiddle. If you're feeling brave you can give it a whirl: vivacitytest.zip

Working well so far.

Great work Fuzzra!

Guest makemboy

Great work mate :D

One question from me-i'm currently using

[ROM] FLB2 - Completely Debranded GB ROM r2a http://android.modac...ded-gb-rom-r2a/

Now, after flashing the rom i immediately had to flash the stock OSFII kernel because i had the problem with the out of sync touchscreen and keyboard. Was just wondering if any of the other users on here had this rom on their phone and if the sync problem returns with this kernel flash ?

Cheers in advance.

Guest Titas

I'm guessing you are in a small minority on that ROM. I suggest you flash Fish & Chips which has benefited from continuous support & development. Rls 4 is due this weekend - give it a try. I promise you won't be disappointed!!

Edited by Titas

Guest makemboy

I'm guessing you are in a small minority on that ROM. I suggest you flash Fish & Chips which has benefited from continuous support & development. Rls 4 is due this weekend - give it a try. I promise you won't be disappointed!!

Thanks for the reply Titas. Decided to go ahead and try it anyway, all's working fine. No sync keyboard issues and front facing camera works fine too. Big thanks to all involved biggrin.gif

Guest misodoctakleidist

The SFII kernel works perfectly for me.

I am overclocking to 979.2 MHz at the moment, and haven't encountered any problems.

Guest misodoctakleidist

Try the Antutu full test miso and tell me if it crashes ;)

Do you mean set it to the highest frequency available in Antutu? I did try that at one point but it froze and rebooted. :(

At the moment I have got it set to 998.4 MHz which seems to work fine.

Guest misodoctakleidist

No I meant try the tests at 979.2. Mine crashed at the 2D graphics test (flying androids)

Just tested mine at the same frequency. The test completed with a score of 1637. I'll try some higher frequencies.

edit: I have just run the test at 1017.6 MHz and it completed with a score of 1798. Any higher and my phone crashes instantly.

Edited by misodoctakleidist

• 2 months later...
Guest zorbon

Hi,

on my TMV run CM9 (19/05) and I have one question. Which CPU governor is best for battery life and performance? I overclocked to 979MHz and Antutu works fine with 2138 points . I'd like overclock/underclock between 122 and 979 MHz, but I dont know which governor is best for this.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest dodgetimmy

Does anyone know whether each governor supports deep sleep? Or is it just ondemand that lets the device go in to deep sleep?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Petesky

The difficulty there is not so much producing one as doing it with the soft keys working properly. I can't test that here, but I did have a bit of a fiddle. If you're feeling brave you can give it a whirl: vivacitytest.zip

Does thid fix the upside down camera problem , I just tried it but it didnt work for me

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lohtse

flashed this on my vivacity FNC r7 but every time I install an app it reboots the phone,Fixed but tpting and reflashing rom...

anyone know why the issue mentioned?

Guest AmbushReality
flashed this on my vivacity FNC r7 but every time I install an app it reboots the phone,Fixed but tpting and reflashing rom...

anyone know why the issue mentioned?

FNC7 ALREADY HAS this Kernel man.

Guest lohtse

flashed the oc kernel for Vivacity that supposed to solve flipped camera(upside down) but no difference with stock app... AM on FNCrl7 any ideas as to why?

Guest AmbushReality
flashed the oc kernel for Vivacity that supposed to solve flipped camera(upside down) but no difference with stock app... AM on FNCrl7 any ideas as to why?
Because the Kernel you flashed is for the OSFII, so basically, you just screwed your softkeys!

• 2 months later...
Guest OuahOuah

Ok, had strange results.

I flashed back from CM10 to FNC 7.1, then flashed this kernel.

Got the upside down problem so I flashed with the "flip version".

Now, when opening "Camera ICS", I can see myself good, but the result picture IS upside down lol so, what is the problem ? :(

Any idea to have both "me" and "result" same ?

Thx

EDIT : ok, solved this "problem" : I used the default camera app instead of "Camera ICS" and all is ok but now, question : is it possible to have an ICS-like camera app working normally ?

Edited by OuahOuah