Discussion thread for ColdFusionX

Guest tilal6991

Guest Frankish

Well i'll start with i love the rom except for deep sleep being an issue. I'm having to turn on airplane mode to get me through the day with it. Also still get the occasional freeze on it but not ones resulting in reboots which is odd. Freezes a lot in the browser still.

Still looking forward to testing the new release once it is out.

Guest plegdroid

I genuinely feel the point we've got with this rom is, to wave gingerbread goodbye, and can't ever foresee myself having to reflash another 2.3 rom with this phone. it's still early days so can only get better, and with cm adding more features over time as it develops, that will keep me busy finding them. verdict, really happy Tilal took the time to port and share, and like Frankish previously stated there's only the sleep issue that for me is of any real concern, but not of a big concern to warrant me replacing it with another rom. :D

Edited by plegdroid

Guest JThumar

This is solved with better battery life reported by tilal.......

I genuinely feel the point we've got with this rom is, to wave gingerbread goodbye, and can't ever foresee myself having to reflash another 2.3 rom with this phone. it's still early days so can only get better, and with cm adding more features over time as it develops, that will keep me busy finding them. verdict, really happy Tilal took the time to port and share, and like Frankish previously stated there's only the sleep issue that for me is of any real concern, but not of a big concern to warrant me replacing it with another rom. :D

Guest Neil305

I really like it too, but tonight I will be switching back to Gingerbread. There are 2 reasons, the battery and the camera. I thought that I could happily live without a camera, as I hardly ever use the phone to take pictures, but I've realised there are more things that the camera is essential for, reading QR codes, and augmented reality apps to name two. Plus, constantly having to recharge is driving me crazy.

I will definitely come back to Iceskater, but not until those two are fixed. Sorry.

Guest plegdroid

This is solved with better battery life reported by tilal.......

I don't know if it's the sleep issue he's fixed or not, the question was put to Tilal, but he didn't confirm anything, you are more than likely right though, it is a lot of battery life to have clawed back without it being the sleep issue, if it's not, what would the battery be like when it was.

:)

Guest PedroVader

Latest release is the best yet, battery is proving to be much better, deep sleep is working, and we have a working camera, albeit without flash, and panorama mode.

This can definitely be classed as stable now, working softkeys from Frankish (yes I know, can't take credit for what Google already put there:lol::lol:)) if you want them, looks like gingerbread is a distant memory now, the whole experience is miles better, even in its hacked state.

+1 to Lalit for his continued hard work;)

Edited by PedroVader

Guest PedroVader
how to migrate apps and data from cm7 ice armour iii? thanks plegdroid

You can back up the apk's with ES file explorer, Titanium doesn't work well from what I've read on the main thread, so I'm at a loss on the data side of it. Most of my data is in the cloud anyways so Google handles that, I just back up SMS and whatsapp, then reinstall the saved apk's after flashing.

Guest plegdroid

You can back up the apk's with ES file explorer, Titanium doesn't work well from what I've read on the main thread, so I'm at a loss on the data side of it. Most of my data is in the cloud anyways so Google handles that, I just back up SMS and whatsapp, then reinstall the saved apk's after flashing.

titanium working fine, just don't restore anything saved from within gingerbread :)

can use for apk, but not data from gingerbread

Edited by plegdroid

Guest JetKun

titanium working fine, just don't restore anything saved from within gingerbread :)

can use for apk, but not data from gingerbread

so, no contacts storage, and no data from apps download externally

Guest plegdroid

so, no contacts storage, and no data from apps download externally

your better off getting a new sdcard just for ics, redownload all you apps again and reset all your settings again and resave with titanium if you want to use titanium again, gingerbread and ics don't mix very well :D

Guest JetKun

your better off getting a new sdcard just for ics, redownload all you apps again and reset all your settings again and resave with titanium if you want to use titanium again, gingerbread and ics don't mix very well :D

Thanks plegs- +1 for all of that- last thing, can I stack ICSkater updates on top of each other, I.e flash in CWM like an update zip or do i really need to format system every time?

Guest tilal6991

Thanks plegs- +1 for all of that- last thing, can I stack ICSkater updates on top of each other, I.e flash in CWM like an update zip or do i really need to format system every time?

Formatting system does nothing to data... you don't need to format data everytime you flash - no.

Guest plegdroid
<br /><br />Formatting system does nothing to data... you don't need to format data everytime you flash - no.

+1, I never wipe anything, I flash over the top of the previous build.

Guest plegdroid

I've got v6 script running ok, even without overclocking very fast. time to watch the battery and see what it does to it, very fast and feels snappy :D

Guest JetKun

Just to let you know, as not to keep you hanging- just went out and bought a cheapo 2gb mem card, that's gonna be my android test kit from now on.

First impressions, feels nice, much different to the skinned 2.33 interface I'm currently on with CM7 IC III.

Nice haptic feedback and button animations, maybe a touch choppy. The launcher is a touch choppy, the browser is a touch laggy.

The browser loads pages fast, the phone boots a bit slower, but gapps looks amazing! And to have Nova Launcher available makes my life that little bit more complete. All in all, I can't wait for ICEskater to be finished :D

Guest plegdroid

Just to let you know, as not to keep you hanging- just went out and bought a cheapo 2gb mem card, that's gonna be my android test kit from now on.

First impressions, feels nice, much different to the skinned 2.33 interface I'm currently on with CM7 IC III.

Nice haptic feedback and button animations, maybe a touch choppy. The launcher is a touch choppy, the browser is a touch laggy.

The browser loads pages fast, the phone boots a bit slower, but gapps looks amazing! And to have Nova Launcher available makes my life that little bit more complete. All in all, I can't wait for ICEskater to be finished :D

for the browser try, "opera mini next " very quick, but in its settings turn off navigation to get the full screen back.

Guest JetKun

If anyone's a bit iffy about battery life as a daily rom but wants to flash it...this should give you some idea

Try draining it to 0%, charging to 100%.

Turn it off and charge until the on-screen battery (turned off) light goes green.

Boot into CWM Advanced>Wipe Battery stats

Reboot

Up goes your battery life by tenfold. I think. :P

Edited by JetKun

Guest razzmataz1478

Try draining it to 0%, charging to 100%.

Turn it off and charge until the on-screen battery (turned off) light goes green.

Boot into CWM Advanced>Wipe Battery stats

Reboot

Up goes your battery life by tenfold. I think. :P

Oh yes I know, but my point was the battery life I had was quite good considering it was connected to wifi for 16 hours and awake for more than 3 hours