243 replies to this topic

Dante2070

Dante2070

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 aka U8815
Just installed, looking very smooth so far. While installing my default apps I noticed I couldn't install google goggles. Could this be related to camera tweaks (since the app heavily relies on the camera)?
EDIT: This app usually works from 2.1 up, so that's not the issue.
If, for whatever reason, this app will not be available for this rom, does someone know a good alternative?

Edited by Dante2070, 13 March 2012 - 11:40 AM.

Kareem Vampire

Kareem Vampire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8230
This rom has the same problem with arabic as all cm6 roms but after installing the cm6-arabic-patch it doesn't boot it stop in the black screen with small "android" in the middle..... can any one solve this...

D-D-

D-D-

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Devices:T-mobile Pulse
  • Twitter:@boriseto

This rom has the same problem with arabic as all cm6 roms but after installing the cm6-arabic-patch[/size] [size="5"]it doesn't boot it stop in the black screen with small "android" in the middle..... can any one solve this...

Dude, seriously use normal sized font.

Kareem Vampire

Kareem Vampire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8230
does it really bother you!!!????

Dude, seriously use normal sized font.

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Devices:u8230/u8860

does it really bother you!!!????

it is bothering yes...:(

smhui

smhui

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:U8220+

Just installed, looking very smooth so far. While installing my default apps I noticed I couldn't install google goggles. Could this be related to camera tweaks (since the app heavily relies on the camera)?
EDIT: This app usually works from 2.1 up, so that's not the issue.
If, for whatever reason, this app will not be available for this rom, does someone know a good alternative?

I can't install Buddy Runner (com.sportbuddy.apk) in this ROM. From google play (market), it said it is not compatible with the device. The same apps can be installed in TX7 without issue.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G2S & Huawei G300

This rom has the same problem with arabic as all cm6 roms but after installing the cm6-arabic-patch it doesn't boot it stop in the black screen with small "android" in the middle..... can any one solve this...

So it seems this rom will need to go through the same process in order to correct the Arabic display as TXG did: http://android.modac...cussion-thread/
I suggest again that if you follow the process of working with madmack and brightidea, you can probably succeed in getting it to work. Links to those two people are at the bottom of the first post in that thread (madmack's blog and xda links).

Please share anything you get working over in that Arabic support thread as well, so the knowledge will be pooled. Maybe someone else will be willing to start work on this and can solve this soon.

If you are waiting for me to work on it, you might be waiting for some time still. I have other things that are a higher priority for me at the moment. You have seen some of the other posts before yours that mean that this rom still has some bugs that are going to affect a lot more people than just those who need proper Arabic display.

So please, try to see if you can contribute to the solution. If you can learn how to get Arabic working for one rom, you can then work on getting it to work in other roms too. It will be easier for you to do it in the future as well for other new roms. You can contribute a lot for the sake of everyone who needs Arabic support! :)

(And, yes, when you use a very large font, you give the impression to me that you are yelling at everyone. If that was not your intention, maybe you can just use the normal size font.)

buboo

buboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I installed 5 days ago and looking very smooth so far but i have only one big problem ...my network connection turn off during call several times till now

perseusng

perseusng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:pulse
I can't install "whatsapp" and "line" messager in this Rom and also got a message from google play market said it is not compatible with the device.

NPeete

NPeete

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Pulse
  • Twitter:@NPeete
Hello!
CamSwitch is not working for me - first time it tried to move a file but couldn't find it, since then it says unknown environment here...
Camera app says No connection to camera. What should I do?
Edit:
I found the following in the /dev/msm_camera folder:

drwxr-xr-x    2 root 	root            80 Mar 19 15:26 .
drwxr-xr-x   14 root 	root          3820 Mar 19 13:50 ..
crw-rw----    1 system   system    246,   0 Mar 19 13:48 back_cam
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root 	root            25 Mar 19 15:26 msm_camera0 -> /dev/msm_camera/front_cam

So it looks like I just lost the front_cam device? :o
Edit2:
I've just relinked msm_camera0 to back_cam device so my back camera is working, but it looks like I don't have a front camera?

Edited by NPeete, 19 March 2012 - 02:44 PM.

smhui

smhui

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I can't install "whatsapp" and "line" messager in this Rom and also got a message from google play market said it is not compatible with the device.

So this ROM couldn't install the following apps:

whatsapp
messenger
buddy runner

As buddy runner need to send mail and make use of GPS, common point seems they need to get the phone to perform some message related functions.

dr.flo

dr.flo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

So it looks like I just lost the front_cam device? :o
Edit2:
I've just relinked msm_camera0 to back_cam device so my back camera is working, but it looks like I don't have a front camera?

what are the contents of /dev/msm_camera after a fresh reboot?
(it will be re-created on boot, so camswitch cannot really do any harm there ;))

So this ROM couldn't install the following apps:

whatsapp
messenger
buddy runner

As buddy runner need to send mail and make use of GPS, common point seems they need to get the phone to perform some message related functions.

I was using WhatsApp without issues on CM 6.2... Installed from market.

smhui

smhui

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

(it will be re-created on boot, so camswitch cannot really do any harm there ;))

I can install whatsapp as well. But Buddy runner still NG.

NPeete

NPeete

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Pulse
  • Twitter:@NPeete

Strange, I have only msm_camera0 device after reboot...

dr.flo

dr.flo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Strange, I have only msm_camera0 device after reboot...

Then you do not have (working) front camera. At least none that the kernel drivers can detect. Your cam sensor might be broken or it is of another type....
Otherwise msm_camera1 should be there...

D-D-

D-D-

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Devices:T-mobile Pulse
  • Twitter:@boriseto

How about maps? For some reason it won't even give me the option to restore it from titanium backup.

It's the first time happening to me so I'm kinda lost - don't know what to change.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

How about maps? For some reason it won't even give me the option to restore it from titanium backup.

It's the first time happening to me so I'm kinda lost - don't know what to change.

Hmm, I have no idea about that. I have Maps installed (but from backup, not from the Market). I don't have any idea what is going on with so much missing from the Market, but I can confirm lots of stuff is not showing up. Is it something Google is doing with the "Play Store" updates? (I have the additional problem of having to try to fool the Market into thinking I'm not in Taiwan.)

Anyone willing to install dr.flo's original rom and see if it makes any difference. I've been swamped with work and will be for many more days. Sorry, but I can't even do any testing at the moment. I just have to have my phone working all the time right now.

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Devices:u8230/u8860

Hmm, I have no idea about that. I have Maps installed (but from backup, not from the Market). I don't have any idea what is going on with so much missing from the Market, but I can confirm lots of stuff is not showing up. Is it something Google is doing with the "Play Store" updates? (I have the additional problem of having to try to fool the Market into thinking I'm not in Taiwan.)

Anyone willing to install dr.flo's original rom and see if it makes any difference. I've been swamped with work and will be for many more days. Sorry, but I can't even do any testing at the moment. I just have to have my phone working all the time right now.

market enabler is not working ? or may be since playstore?

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

market enabler is not working ? or may be since playstore?

I think it is still working for me. I can at least download my previously purchased apps by using Market Enabler. I have not tried to purchase any new apps. But like many of you, I don't see Maps in the Market unless I've installed it first from a backup. I'm also not seeing some of those apps the rest have mentioned as "missing".

I even though I didn't believe it would work, I still tried to change the build description and fingerprint to see if somehow it would be that simple. But it wasn't. I don't know what else there is that tells the Market we don't have a phone that can install those apps. My own search for Google apps turns up almost nothing. :huh:

Fortunately, I have everything I want to use installed. But I know that's not true for everyone. And this is not how the rom is supposed to work. Any ideas on what else is involved in how a phone appears to the Market? Anyone?

pier11

pier11

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Pulse U8220

Any ideas on what else is involved in how a phone appears to the Market?

Not entirely related, but tried yesterday sort "Carrier Builling" payment option on Play Store. It was missing and price offered for apps was converted to Great Britain pounds for some reason, though I'm in USA. (I lived in UK some time ago, hence Pulse phone I have).

So call to Google support revealed interesting twist. Even though all payment methods were deleted by me on relocation, Google system still kept my last billing address in UK. Hence GBP currency were presented to me. I was suggested to update payment details in Google Wallet (used to be named Google Checkout that time) - billing address. So I did. And now I have normal prices for apps in US dollars.

Conclusion is - information about your location can come from different sources. Google Wallet payment methods is one of them. Even deleted items with old information are kept in the system and make difference.

Before the call I tried to figure where UK is in rom(um840)/phone, but found nothing.

Edited by pier11, 20 March 2012 - 05:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users