[ROM] Styx (CM6; updated 2012 05 25)

Guest twrock

I was using WhatsApp without issues on CM 6.2... Installed from market.

How about maps? For some reason it won't even give me the option to restore it from titanium backup.

It's the first time happening to me so I'm kinda lost - don't know what to change.

Guest twrock

How about maps? For some reason it won't even give me the option to restore it from titanium backup.

It's the first time happening to me so I'm kinda lost - don't know what to change.

Hmm, I have no idea about that. I have Maps installed (but from backup, not from the Market). I don't have any idea what is going on with so much missing from the Market, but I can confirm lots of stuff is not showing up. Is it something Google is doing with the "Play Store" updates? (I have the additional problem of having to try to fool the Market into thinking I'm not in Taiwan.)

Anyone willing to install dr.flo's original rom and see if it makes any difference. I've been swamped with work and will be for many more days. Sorry, but I can't even do any testing at the moment. I just have to have my phone working all the time right now.

Guest desalesouche

Hmm, I have no idea about that. I have Maps installed (but from backup, not from the Market). I don't have any idea what is going on with so much missing from the Market, but I can confirm lots of stuff is not showing up. Is it something Google is doing with the "Play Store" updates? (I have the additional problem of having to try to fool the Market into thinking I'm not in Taiwan.)

Anyone willing to install dr.flo's original rom and see if it makes any difference. I've been swamped with work and will be for many more days. Sorry, but I can't even do any testing at the moment. I just have to have my phone working all the time right now.

market enabler is not working ? or may be since playstore?

Guest twrock

market enabler is not working ? or may be since playstore?

I think it is still working for me. I can at least download my previously purchased apps by using Market Enabler. I have not tried to purchase any new apps. But like many of you, I don't see Maps in the Market unless I've installed it first from a backup. I'm also not seeing some of those apps the rest have mentioned as "missing".

I even though I didn't believe it would work, I still tried to change the build description and fingerprint to see if somehow it would be that simple. But it wasn't. I don't know what else there is that tells the Market we don't have a phone that can install those apps. My own search for Google apps turns up almost nothing. :huh:

Fortunately, I have everything I want to use installed. But I know that's not true for everyone. And this is not how the rom is supposed to work. Any ideas on what else is involved in how a phone appears to the Market? Anyone?

Guest pier11

Any ideas on what else is involved in how a phone appears to the Market?

Not entirely related, but tried yesterday sort "Carrier Builling" payment option on Play Store. It was missing and price offered for apps was converted to Great Britain pounds for some reason, though I'm in USA. (I lived in UK some time ago, hence Pulse phone I have).

So call to Google support revealed interesting twist. Even though all payment methods were deleted by me on relocation, Google system still kept my last billing address in UK. Hence GBP currency were presented to me. I was suggested to update payment details in Google Wallet (used to be named Google Checkout that time) - billing address. So I did. And now I have normal prices for apps in US dollars.

Conclusion is - information about your location can come from different sources. Google Wallet payment methods is one of them. Even deleted items with old information are kept in the system and make difference.

Before the call I tried to figure where UK is in rom(um840)/phone, but found nothing.

Edited by pier11

Guest dr.flo

I don't know anything specific to that problem, but one could do a brave experiment and build a hybrid rom with ingredients from TomG's port and CM6.1.1

- take everything from TomG (or maybe even better, use TXG07?)

- take only system/lib from CM6.1.1

I would expect this to result in a bootable rom. The idea of this is to revert as much as possible to the "last known good configuration" while keeping the new libs with camera / gps / etc fixes...

Edited by dr.flo

Guest desalesouche

I don't know anything specific to that problem, but one could do a brave experiment and build a hybrid rom with ingredients from TomG's port and CM6.1.1

- take everything from TomG (or maybe even better, use TXG07?)

- take only system/lib from CM6.1.1

I would expect this to result in a bootable rom. The idea of this is to revert as much as possible to the "last known good configuration" while keeping the new libs with camera / gps / etc fixes...

tried with txg07 and pasting all system/lib from cm6.1.1 -v3 to txg07= it is booting but staying on android logo and nothing more :)

is there a link for TomG "everything"?

Edited by desalesouche

Guest desalesouche

laugh.gifانا اريد روم جديد يكون مستقر وشكرا laugh.gif

may be you should try to write in english

قد يكون عليك أن تحاول الكتابة باللغة الإنجليزية:)

Is it something Google is doing with the "Play Store" updates?

I can confirm it's not google play related cause I can install the same apps on um840 and cm7 with google play instead of the old market app...

EDIT: Might be the problem.

Change the u8220/u8230 part in the build.prop into u8220.

I cleared the cache and data from market app and it started working after a while. Now seeing some apps I had before.

Give me another example of missing app before (cause now I can see tweakdeck/tweetdeck and similar apps I couldn't before).

Edited by D-D-

Guest smhui

I can confirm it's not google play related cause I can install the same apps on um840 and cm7 with google play instead of the old market app...

I cleared the cache and data from market app and it started working after a while. Now seeing some apps I had before.

Give me another example of missing app before (cause now I can see tweakdeck/tweetdeck and similar apps I couldn't before).

Tried with modified build.prop and clear the cache and data, Buddy Runner still can't be installed.

Guest twrock

Before the call I tried to figure where UK is in rom(um840)/phone, but found nothing.

build.prop has a setting for location still.

2.1 roms included setting in /system/cust/hw/default/local.prop that also had an effect on location:

ro.config.mcc=000

ro.config.mnc=00

But local.prop seems to be gone in 2.2+. What replaced it?

Guest twrock

I have tried that same thing, but no success here.

I have compared line for line between CM6 and UM840 looking for differences and testing them. I have not succeeded yet. But I have not tested everything, and I might just have not found it yet.

Guest pier11

build.prop has a setting for location still.

2.1 roms included setting in /system/cust/hw/default/local.prop that also had an effect on location:

ro.config.mcc=000

ro.config.mnc=00

But local.prop seems to be gone in 2.2+. What replaced it?

If curious here is local.prop of original um840. To my mind local.prop just overrides values defined in build.prop

So each carrier can define its specific values there.

I decided not to include this file as it contained customizations for Venezuela carrier - region/language. Also in the stock image that bits were not in /system but some other partition and I had no idea how it should be merged into filesystem.

So we ended up with rather "generic" rom.

ro.product.locale.language=es

ro.product.locale.region=VE

ro.config.hw_opta=32

ro.config.hw_optb=862

ro.config.notification_sound=Tinkerbell.ogg

ro.config.hw_multiple_ussd=true

ro.build.version.incremental=C32B766SP01

ro.build.tags=release-keys

ro.build.description=UM840-user 2.2.2 HuaweiUM840 C32B766SP01 release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=Huawei/UM840/hwum840/UM840:2.2.2/HuaweiUM840/C32B766SP01:user/release-keys

#DTS2011102801418 kf30432 20111028 begin

ro.config.hwft_MatchNum=10

ro.config.hwft_MatchNumShort=7

ro.config.hw_dateformat=true

ro.config.dateformat=dd-MM-yyyy

ro.config.hw_timeformat=true

ro.config.timeformat=12

ro.product.model=UM840

ro.config.mms_empty_sms=true

ro.config.hwft_numberformat=true

ro.config.widzard_autotime=1

ro.config.hw_contact_customer=C32

ro.config.hw_special_num=true

#DTS2011102801418 kf30432 20111028 end

#DTS2011111002597 sunxianliang 20111110 begin

ro.config.hwcameraset=2

ro.config.hwfeature_slavecamera=yes

#DTS2011111002597 sunxianliang 20111110 end

Edited by pier11

Guest desalesouche

If curious here is local.prop of original um840. To my mind local.prop just overrides values defined in build.prop

So each carrier can define its specific values there.

I decided not to include this file as it contained customizations for Venezuela carrier - region/language. Also in the stock image that bits were not in /system but some other partition and I had no idea how it should be merged into filesystem.

So we ended up with rather "generic" rom.

ro.product.locale.language=es

ro.product.locale.region=VE

ro.config.hw_opta=32

ro.config.hw_optb=862

ro.config.notification_sound=Tinkerbell.ogg

ro.config.hw_multiple_ussd=true

ro.build.version.incremental=C32B766SP01

ro.build.tags=release-keys

ro.build.description=UM840-user 2.2.2 HuaweiUM840 C32B766SP01 release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=Huawei/UM840/hwum840/UM840:2.2.2/HuaweiUM840/C32B766SP01:user/release-keys

#DTS2011102801418 kf30432 20111028 begin

ro.config.hwft_MatchNum=10

ro.config.hwft_MatchNumShort=7

ro.config.hw_dateformat=true

ro.config.dateformat=dd-MM-yyyy

ro.config.hw_timeformat=true

ro.config.timeformat=12

ro.product.model=UM840

ro.config.mms_empty_sms=true

ro.config.hwft_numberformat=true

ro.config.widzard_autotime=1

ro.config.hw_contact_customer=C32

ro.config.hw_special_num=true

#DTS2011102801418 kf30432 20111028 end

#DTS2011111002597 sunxianliang 20111110 begin

ro.config.hwcameraset=2

ro.config.hwfeature_slavecamera=yes

#DTS2011111002597 sunxianliang 20111110 end

hi.where is located local.prop? can you check this: http://android.modaco.com/topic/351063-rom-cyanogenmod-72-kernel-2632-camera-works/page__view__findpost__p__1920909 thx

Guest pier11

hi.where is located local.prop?

in official um840 - in separate partition other than /system and /data, if I understand correctly.

In official rom there is image file for /system, for /data, and for this strange partition (/cust ?). We have different layouts, we don't have such partition.

Edited by pier11

i have same problems with china T , i don't enter the system , it stop in the last step ,have "signed in!"in the screen.[sorry,my poor enlish!]

I tried using Google Translate to help me understand what you wrote. I'm sorry, but I do not read Chinese well. So I might not really understand what trouble you are having.

First, please note my reply to andylau1988. I first used English to set up my phone. After that, I seem to have no problem switching the language to Chinese.

It looks like this rom went a bit "viral" overnight. What I mean is that yesterday it had only 20+ downloads. Today the 2012/03/07 version has more than 450! (In case there is some other place with a direct link to the file, I have locked down the 2012/03/07 version so that people will hopefully start downloading the 2012/03/08 version with the MAC address fix.) So there must be quite a number of Chinese speakers who are using this rom. Maybe others will help find the solution.

I hope everyone is remembering that this really is beta software. Please make a backup before installing this, and keep it safe for a long time. I personally have only run the .32 kernel version for three days. I don't know what problems it might end up having.

Guest twrock

It installed without a problem. :/

I've got no Buddy Runner, no Tweetdeck, no Tweakdeck showing up in the Market. I am using Market Unlocker (set to Verizon USA), and I was even able to purchase an app that way. But I still don't see those apps mentioned above.

I've got no Buddy Runner, no Tweetdeck, no Tweakdeck showing up in the Market. I am using Market Unlocker (set to Verizon USA), and I was even able to purchase an app that way. But I still don't see those apps mentioned above.

I don't understand...

So I didn't backup and tried another rom and was back to the beginning. This is what I did.

Changed the numbers, flashed another market app (just in case http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15703389/minimal_gapps.zip ), cleared cache/data and by a habit fixed permitions from rom manager after flashing.

And it worked again.

It must have been one of these that trigerred the solution.

Edited by D-D-

Guest Dante2070

... cleared cache/data and by a habit fixed permitions from rom manager after flashing.

And it worked again.

It must have been one of these that trigerred the solution.

Did you clear cache/data in recovery?

Guest joilaroi

For wifi mac with kernel .32:

You can use attached libhardware_legacy.so to replace the original one. It will pass an additional parameter "softmac_file=/data/misc/wifi/softmac" to the wifi driver.

Using this, the mac address can be set by

echo 01:23:45:67:89:01 > /data/misc/wifi/softmac

via terminal emulator or adb. Then reboot. Should give you a new mac address. Of course you should replace 01:23... with whatever you desire.

libhardware_legacy.zip

edit: further info: the file is for cm6. It was recompiled with

WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_ARG := "softmac_file=/data/misc/wifi/softmac"

in board config. The same could be done for cm7 if needed.

If no softmac file is found, wifi still works, but it has the usual default mac of course.

Thanks for the info. I managed to change the mac to other static one by changing the caldata.bin.ar6102 in system/wifi/ with a file found in Slatedroid.com. I will try the WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_ARG.

best regards

Guest rajoni

Is anyone having trouble with play store? It's been two days and whatever rom I install when starting market/play store I got this message: "Server error" with a retry button. It's frustrating. I think that it is playstore issue but I don't see anyone complaining about it so I decided to ask and see if it is not google issue what can be done. I read that it might be regional issue.. I'm currently testing this rom so I posted in this topic.