D-D-

D-D-

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Devices:T-mobile Pulse
  • Twitter:@boriseto

... I'm curious why you prefer the .29 kernel version...

After considering the latest .32 kernel version, if you are certain you still want to continue using the .29 kernel version, let me know if you need me to make those changes for you and post the update.

I'm using it cause I have some apps that aren't quite compatible with the newer kernel and wifi (there are some errors that come up). Even if I rarely use them I like the fact that (as I already mentioned) have the wifi turned on all day and the battery lasts for 2 days. I don't know why it lasts more on the .29 kernel (even if the tests showed that it should last less than .32 it just works for me).

And don't worry, I already made the required changes for the rom to work as I want it to. :)

Tnx a lot.
PS I usually go back and forward with the android versions (from 2.1 to 2.3) and it depends on my mood actually.

Dante2070

Dante2070

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 aka U8815
This is probably not a rom issue, but did anyone experience force close in Opera Mini when trying to enter text?

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G2S & Huawei G300

PS I usually go back and forward with the android versions (from 2.1 to 2.3) and it depends on my mood actually.

I've been doing that too, but I'm really trying just to settle on one. So far the closest to "perfect" for me has been this CM6 rom. I'd still like to solve the periodic "no voice sound on incoming call" bug, but at least there is something to do about it easily the moment it happens.

Incidentally, I'm doing some testing on that issue, but I'm not getting enough phone calls to know if it matters at all. What I've done is to turn off Settings/CyanogenMod settings/Sound settings/Notification focus. I'm just trying to think through all the possible actions the rom takes when a call comes in that are related to sound and trying to switch those one at a time to see what happens. If anyone else has already had experience with this not helping, please let me know. I've had it set this way for three days, and so far so good. But I have received far too few calls to know if it really makes any difference.

At least from all my searching on the issue, I know it is not just this rom that has that bug, and I know that not all phones with the same rom base experience that bug.

dejavu-8

dejavu-8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello! Flashing just wonderful, thank you for your work. Unfortunately found a nasty bug. When the wifi, network mode 2g. When you unlock the screen just disappears mobile network in 2-3 seconds.

Edited by dejavu-8, 16 April 2012 - 08:05 PM.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Hello! Flashing just wonderful, thank you for your work. Unfortunately found a nasty bug. When the wifi, network mode 2g. When you unlock the screen just disappears mobile network in 2-3 seconds.

So far, I've been unable to duplicate this bug. I almost always have my phone on 2G. I almost always have mobile data disabled. I use wifi for my data connection.

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Devices:u8230/u8860
@TWROCK

hi.you can boot styx with cm7.2 boot image with governors from destructor (kernell 32 topic)

but wifi is broken( unable to scan for networks). and the governors canno't be seen cos in cm settings there is no cpu settings. may be you can add cpu settings in styx...
will try to boot cm6 with second boot image from destructor...ps

styx is very very fast with first boot image from destructor (like um840 rom with new boot image with kernel 32 from pier11)

edit:same with second boot image :huh: so if wifi scan can be fixed and you can add cpu settings in cm settings will give it a new try :)

edit2:i can see with cpu cruise control that the governors are there(interactive/interactiveX/smartassV2):) but as i don't have the pro version canno't set this at boot.
can you add cpu and governors settings in styx?:rolleyes:

Edited by desalesouche, 18 April 2012 - 12:53 AM.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

@TWROCK

hi.you can boot styx with cm7.2 boot image with governors from destructor (kernell 32 topic)

but wifi is broken( unable to scan for networks). and the governors canno't be seen cos in cm settings there is no cpu settings. may be you can add cpu settings in styx...
will try to boot cm6 with second boot image from destructor...ps

styx is very very fast with first boot image from destructor (like um840 rom with new boot image with kernel 32 from pier11)

edit:same with second boot image :huh: so if wifi scan can be fixed and you can add cpu settings in cm settings will give it a new try :)

edit2:i can see with cpu cruise control that the governors are there(interactive/interactiveX/smartassV2):) but as i don't have the pro version canno't set this at boot.
can you add cpu and governors settings in styx?:rolleyes:

My initial response is to say I don't have time to work on this for a few more days. There is a lot I don't understand about kernel tweaking. At the moment, I am only capable of messing around with stuff in the ramdisk. I have no idea what it takes to modify or build a kernel. I also don't know how to change the settings options in Styx.

I'll try to come back to this later, but any work you can do on it is appreciated.

destruct0r

destruct0r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Huawei u8230
desalesouche: wifi and nofrills works fine with this boot.img

Attached Files

Sorry for my poor English :(

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

desalesouche: wifi and nofrills works fine with this boot.img

hi ...is it a new one special for styx? which I/O scheduler do you use with no frills cpu?:)

edit: tried styx with the 3 boot image you have done...each time wifi is not working for me on cm6 styx from twrock....i tell you the way i have been doing=i replace your boot image in styx zip and i boot... (it works for me that way with cm7.2 and your 2 first boot image with governors and everything were fine)...

edit with last boot image wifi can scan but canno't connect to :mellow:

Edited by desalesouche, 18 April 2012 - 02:06 PM.

destruct0r

destruct0r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Huawei u8230
Yes, it is special for Styx ROM. I am using cfq io scheduler. 

For success boot in different roms i am repack boot.img. 

For wifi - try to use static ip address config

Sorry for my poor English :(

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Yes, it is special for Styx ROM. I am using cfq io scheduler.

For success boot in different roms i am repack boot.img.

For wifi - try to use static ip address config

i have definitively no luck with wifi on styx rom(same with um840 rom)...unable to scan or to connect and force close with application settings(in process com.android.settings)

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
@ twrock... may be this could help about loosing sound during call...didn't test it not using styx for the moment and have to travel tomorrow...:)
Flash this if ur having probs like people cant hear you during on call
MIC FIX REVERT: http://www.mediafire...9e505jmyffsxiog

from here http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1529777 give feed back please :)

pedrojaime

pedrojaime

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note II [GT-N7100]
Hi twrock, The rom is defeintely very fast but with this oldest version I too have problems with wifi not working at all. What most concerns me though is that I seem to loose root and cannot get to 'su' # prompt in terminal so I cannot apply your recommended fix for wifi. Has anyone else seen this problem with loosing root?? I have reformatted my sdcard (I too have a class 10 8gb sdcard) but no joy here no matter what I try so I have gone back to the previous Styx version.

thanks a lot for another great rom!

Peter

Happy phablet hacking!

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Hi twrock, The rom is defeintely very fast but with this oldest version I too have problems with wifi not working at all. What most concerns me though is that I seem to loose root and cannot get to 'su' # prompt in terminal so I cannot apply your recommended fix for wifi. Has anyone else seen this problem with loosing root?? I have reformatted my sdcard (I too have a class 10 8gb sdcard) but no joy here no matter what I try so I have gone back to the previous Styx version.

thanks a lot for another great rom!

Peter

Sorry, I'm confused. Are you saying your can't get Wifi to work with an unmodified Styx-620-20120407b.zip? Because I have never had any wifi trouble with this rom, and I thought the complaints about wifi not working were with the updated destruct0r kernel some people are trying to add to this rom. I am unaware of any other wifi trouble.

I also have never experienced any problems with root. Sorry, but I don't know how to help you with that either. Any possibility it is related to you having a 8220-6? Are you doing complete wipes of everything before installing the rom? I don't know what else to suggest.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

@ twrock... may be this could help about loosing sound during call...didn't test it not using styx for the moment and have to travel tomorrow...Posted Image
Flash this if ur having probs like people cant hear you during on call
MIC FIX REVERT: http://www.mediafire...9e505jmyffsxiog

from here http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1529777 give feed back please Posted Image

I'll have a look. Thanks.

pedrojaime

pedrojaime

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note II [GT-N7100]
Thanks for your response twrock. I am baffled as to why my phone cannot take the latest Styx rom version. It seems ok on first boot but upon reboot and unlock, ADW always hangs and I am just left with the status bar. Also tried your Onyx rom and it just hangs on the 'A N D R O I D' screen (I did wait 25 minutes!)

So I am really not sure, maybe my partition is just not big enough and I must delete some ringtones, boot animation, system apps before flashing the file to make sure I have enough free space after flashing. This is something I have not tried which springs to mind.

WHICH PHONE MODEL DO I HAVE??
==============================
AFAIK, my phone hardware is identical to U8220. Looking at the Android diagnostics I get:

Baseband Verion: 6383. I have a model no. 'U8220-6' This is how its displayed on the back under the battery.
I just installed and ran 'Android System Info' app which tells me the phone has:
-Internal Memory Max: 105.25MB Free: 50.07MB
-RAM Max: 104MB Free: 15Mb+9.2Mb in 1

Are there any more diagnostics output from terminal/ this app I can give you to definitely pin down which model 'Pulse' I have?

I also tried inputting the IMEI code into the www.carphonewarehouse.co.uk site which brings up that the model of this device is a U8220! Not sure if this is correct. I always assumed by the specs that it was a U8220.
==============================

I even formatted the sdcard but still no success with flashing these roms on my phone.

SOUND VARIATIONS ACROSS ROMs?
===============================
I have read about varying sound volumes from rom to rom. I found these tweaks that seem to work (if sound is too high/too low), I concur that these settings in build.prop raise the overall volume (or could be used to lower overall volume potentially):
"ro.config.vc_call_steps=20 -----> I use 20. Default is 7. Makes more volume steps in calls and made mine a little louder."
"ro.ril.enable.amr.wideband=1 - better in call voice quality"
===============================

There is mention of a
"persist.cust.tel.eons=1 - got better signal"

I am not convinced with this last setting. In areas with little reception I notice the signal is dropped more so I am not sure if it is due to this setting, does anyone know exactly what it does?

I obtained these interesting build.prop settings from here:
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1563239

thanks for any pointers you can give me and keep up the great work!

Peter

Edited by pedrojaime, 02 May 2012 - 04:02 PM.

Happy phablet hacking!

GregorioUY

GregorioUY

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:U8220-6 w/CM 0.4
You probably have the same as me, the U8220-6 for monkeys latin-american countries. I'm afraid the only update to 2.1 we ever got, was the Venezuela 2.1 (analog to the first UK updates), and never got something ressembling TRE or CHT8000, but with our frequencies. I never could get any rom, past Basic-2.2, but I haven't tried lately (my father got my old phone, until he gets something new)

mcastagnaa

mcastagnaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Motorola XT890, Tesco hudl
  • Twitter:@mcastagnaa
Just in case this might help someone else.
I had couple of issues (no Wifi and no a2sd/swap). The solution was:
  • Stick to the RCW version 2.5.0.7 even if I think this wasn't a dramatic one: it looks to me 3.1.0.1 - suggested for Cyanogen 7 - works fine
  • Crucially: update with CHT8000. The T-mobile update 2010 (the one I came from) simply has a /System partition which is too small to accommodate this ROM
At the moment I enjoy a fantastic ROM (considering the hardware).
The only one issue left for me is Bluetooth. It is not working for me (U8220).

EDIT: After a couple of reboots Bluetooth is working as well. No complaints at this stage.

Edited by mcastagnaa, 13 May 2012 - 04:50 PM.

fjpo

fjpo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:u8220
internal memory is full and the application is empty SD
la memoria interna se lleno y la SD esta vacia de aplicaciones

tonyhawz

tonyhawz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8220-6 [Onyx]

internal memory is full and the application is empty SD

You have to run 'a2sd cachesd' to move the cache to the sd card, that will free a lot of precious space.
It will reboot the phone.

la memoria interna se lleno y la SD esta vacia de aplicaciones

Tenés que correr 'a2sd cachesd' para mover el cache a la sd y va a liberar un montón de espacio.
Va a reiniciar el cel.

Saludos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users