• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

JayIsaiah

JayIsaiah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation 4G
Is it possible to make a boot animation of your favorite musical artist? Maybe from a short clip?
I have the Sensation 4G running the EggyEnergy rom

Thanks in advance for any answer there may be.

Six6Sicks

Six6Sicks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yes.
BUT....
When using a video clip, you have some issues. File size, and resolution. Bootanimations should be under 4mb. They SHOULD be under 1-2mb, but you can get away with it sometimes.
A 20 second video clip broken down into .png files could be anywhere from 20 files to 400+ files, depending on how smooth you want the bootanimation. More files, larger bootanimation, slower boot.
Honestly I've done a few video bootanimations and I don't recommend them.
Also unless you wanna watch your phone boot up in landscape mode, it's gonna be tough finding a clip that will look good in portrait mode. You will need to resize the video which will look like butt.

Just some thoughts.

JayIsaiah

JayIsaiah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation 4G
Man, thanks for the response, I was about to learn how to do boot animations and I thought about the video size. Well I can live without it :P

Thanks again!

Six6Sicks

Six6Sicks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Man, thanks for the response, I was about to learn how to do boot animations and I thought about the video size. Well I can live without it :P

Thanks again!

If you have any ideas let me know. You can check out some older ones I did at www.six6sicks.com (site is still in the works, but some samples are on there)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users