10 replies to this topic

tommellows

tommellows

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Hi guys,

I've had my OSF2 for a couple of months now and am happily running Fish'N'Chips RLS4 on it.

The problem I have is that a load of dust has gathered behind my screen, presumably between the digitizer and the screen itself, making the whole experience of using the phone far less enjoyable. Has anyone dismantled one of these handsets yet? If so, is it easy enough to take it apart and remove the dust, or should I send it back to the manufacturer to do this?

Thanks,

Tom

PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4, Tesco Hudl
  • Twitter:@djsubterrain
If it was me, I would reinstall the stock rom and take it back to the shop, not sure how you managed to get dust in there to be honest.

Here is a teardown video for the original blade on YouTube...

...but I haven't seen any for the new version yet. I'd guess it's a similar process though.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa, 13 March 2012 - 01:52 PM.

wazy

wazy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
I have the same with my TMV, not a lot, just a few specs, pretty annoying when using in bright sunlight. Posted Image

jasonleeds

jasonleeds

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Devices:zte crescent & zte blade
got the same problem here on my SF2 and its progressively getting worse, im guessing its coming through the power button or volume rocker

Edited by jasonleeds, 16 March 2012 - 09:57 PM.

ZTE Blade - CM7
Samsung Galaxy Fit - Razodroid v4
ZTE Crescent SF2
  • developing - DroidTE @ Modaco Thread
  • main rom - Fish'n'Chips - RLS6
  • Testing - anything other than stock

Posted Image

jwhitham

jwhitham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
I have the same problem with my SFII. Top right of the screen is full of dust looks quite bad :-(

BenTheHuman

BenTheHuman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent
Ive had the same problem (obviously) the dust im presuming is coming from the power button due to the main dust gathered in the right corner. i found a solution which doesnt solve the dilema but help it. i have found if you get a can which sprays air, place the nozzle onto the power button and hold it for about 30 seconds

Edited by BenTheHuman, 24 April 2012 - 04:43 PM.

irishpancake

irishpancake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy SIII GT-I9300

Ive had the same problem (obviously) the dust im presuming is coming from the power button due to the main dust gathered in the right corner. i found a solution which doesnt solve the dilema but help it. i have found if you get a can which sprays air, place the nozzle onto the power button and hold it for about 30 seconds

Where does that dust go....when you blast it??

Eventually you will fill the phone Posted Image.......

perhaps the dust gathered at the Power Button will seal the opening, and prevent further ingress??

Now got Galaxy S III I9300 ...and Momo11 Bird Tablet running Christian Troy CM9....the wife has an Ascend g300 running?? Stock+ R6 from Cyda!!

Get Dropbox....Please click and get 2GB free plus 250Mb for referral...Dropbox is useful

BenTheHuman

BenTheHuman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

perhaps the dust gathered at the Power Button will seal the opening, and prevent further ingress??

it wont completly stop the dust nor does it completly clean it, but it scatters it around quite a bit so that the bits which arn't blown out are far away from eachother and therfore less noticeable. as for blocking up the power button. ive resorted to putting selotape over it

BenTheHuman

BenTheHuman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
been trying to get into the screen itself, unfortunatly in the sf1 the cirsuits and stuff are very easy to take out, i still havent been able to on the sf2. anyone know how, and yes ive seen the blade teardown

camille1462

camille1462

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
anyone has an answer to the last post?
I cracked my digitizer and would like to know if anyone knows a tutorial (how-to) to replace it.
Thanks ;)

beng165

beng165

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Would dust behind the screen be covered under warranty?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users