Dust behind screen on OSF2

Guest tommellows

Guest tommellows

Hi guys,

I've had my OSF2 for a couple of months now and am happily running Fish'N'Chips RLS4 on it.

The problem I have is that a load of dust has gathered behind my screen, presumably between the digitizer and the screen itself, making the whole experience of using the phone far less enjoyable. Has anyone dismantled one of these handsets yet? If so, is it easy enough to take it apart and remove the dust, or should I send it back to the manufacturer to do this?

Thanks,

Tom

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

If it was me, I would reinstall the stock rom and take it back to the shop, not sure how you managed to get dust in there to be honest.

Here is a teardown video for the original blade on YouTube...

...but I haven't seen any for the new version yet. I'd guess it's a similar process though.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest jasonleeds

got the same problem here on my SF2 and its progressively getting worse, im guessing its coming through the power button or volume rocker

Edited by jasonleeds

• 1 month later...
Guest BenTheHuman

Ive had the same problem (obviously) the dust im presuming is coming from the power button due to the main dust gathered in the right corner. i found a solution which doesnt solve the dilema but help it. i have found if you get a can which sprays air, place the nozzle onto the power button and hold it for about 30 seconds

Edited by BenTheHuman

Guest irishpancake

Ive had the same problem (obviously) the dust im presuming is coming from the power button due to the main dust gathered in the right corner. i found a solution which doesnt solve the dilema but help it. i have found if you get a can which sprays air, place the nozzle onto the power button and hold it for about 30 seconds

Where does that dust go....when you blast it??

Eventually you will fill the phone biggrin.gif.......

perhaps the dust gathered at the Power Button will seal the opening, and prevent further ingress??

Guest BenTheHuman

perhaps the dust gathered at the Power Button will seal the opening, and prevent further ingress??

it wont completly stop the dust nor does it completly clean it, but it scatters it around quite a bit so that the bits which arn't blown out are far away from eachother and therfore less noticeable. as for blocking up the power button. ive resorted to putting selotape over it

Guest BenTheHuman

been trying to get into the screen itself, unfortunatly in the sf1 the cirsuits and stuff are very easy to take out, i still havent been able to on the sf2. anyone know how, and yes ive seen the blade teardown

• 3 months later...
Guest camille1462

anyone has an answer to the last post?

I cracked my digitizer and would like to know if anyone knows a tutorial (how-to) to replace it.

Thanks ;)